Look how deep we are...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Re: Look how deep we are...

In Response to Re: Look how deep we are...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : Come on man, seriously. 
    Posted by Give-in-to-it[/QUOTE]

Last time I saw your avatar it was Rick Fox. What gives?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

You guys are thick heads.....why can't you stay with the subject?
    Why is this subject drifted to arguing Celtics vs Lakers again? Stvpid!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]You guys are thick heads.....why can't you stay with the subject? Why is this subject drifted to arguing Celtics vs Lakers again? Stvpid!!!
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Because - if we are deep, they have to be deeper.  If we are strong, they have to be stronger.  If we are excited about our team this year, they have to remind us CONSTANTLY that they won last year......................I think we know that, don't you?  I also think the truly thick headed people  can't see that we know that, and have admitted it on many occassions.  The lakers beat us, fair and square and are the team to beat this year........thick headed people just can't accept that.  I, for one, refuse to run from here and retreat to Happy Valley.  This is a Celtics forum, and we have a right to discuss OUR team and not THEIRS........thick headed people can't seem to figure that out!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

A Laker troll that loves Rick Fox is jealous of the Celtics bench. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Don't think Avery Bradley is the backup PG.  I expect nice things from him (although not much this year) but see him more as a 2.  Maybe a Michael Redd lite with much better defensive abilities.  I think you will see Delonte and Nate at the point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]Don't think Avery Bradley is the backup PG.  I expect nice things from him (although not much this year) but see him more as a 2.  Maybe a Michael Redd lite with much better defensive abilities.  I think you will see Delonte and Nate at the point.
    Posted by spewey[/QUOTE]
       I agree. With the recent acquisition of Delonte, Bradley will either be sent to the D. league or he will be used in a trade. The last thing I want to see is a promising young talent such as Bradley to just rot away on the bench.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

hey my post became just a discussion about Celics vs Lakers.
    That wasnt my idea when i start it,but it´s ok...
    (i still dont know why lakers fans show up here)

But if you want a discussion why not this:

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/07/01/weighing-ray-allens-value/

As you can see Ray Ray is great and he play with the bench,and thinking about a matchup against the heat.
    I dont think he can defend wade(very fast for allen)
    So why not bring D.west or maybe Bradley in the starting lineup
    and then bring Ray of the bench and use him to defend James(he did a pretty good job against him in the last playoffs)

What do you think?

(No i´m not crazy after pierce strugle in the offensive end
    Doc begin to put alle on james early in the games
    and he did it ok)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : Because - if we are deep, they have to be deeper.  If we are strong, they have to be stronger.  If we are excited about our team this year, they have to remind us CONSTANTLY that they won last year......................I think we know that, don't you?  I also think the truly thick headed people  can't see that we know that, and have admitted it on many occassions.  The lakers beat us, fair and square and are the team to beat this year........thick headed people just can't accept that.  I, for one, refuse to run from here and retreat to Happy Valley.  This is a Celtics forum, and we have a right to discuss OUR team and not THEIRS........thick headed people can't seem to figure that out!
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

Lets be clear though. I entered this thread discussing the Celtics. It was Celtics fans who began to pop off and make the Lakers comments and comparisons. Of course you have a right to discuss the Celtics, but some of you, you especially, chose to make this conversation about Lakers vs Celtics. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

There are certain matchups that just don't work and that's true for just about any player. D.Wade did chew up Ray Allen during the playoffs. Tony Allen did a great job defending Wade. Wade is a very strong person and so is T.A. Ray is on the thin side which is what Wade took advantage of, being a strength advantage. Wade is good at using his strength as an advantage.
        Doc tends to start the same 5 every game despite matchup issues. Maybe he will change this year, and maybe not. We'll find out. Doc does have more depth than ever this year to tinker with. That is a factor that may change his pattern.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : You're cheating! How can the starting PF become the backup Center also???
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Are you for real? Gasol plays center when Bynum goes off sometimes, KG has done it foe the celtics, Tim Duncan did it all the time, even Magic Johnson (a point guard for the un-initiated) played center in an NBA Finals. Are you so incredibly blind that you don't think players can play more than one position??

Wow, just when I thought I had seen some insanely stupid comments this one comes out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I believe this is the first metion of the word lakers on this thread:

First: 9/16/2010
    Last: 9/21/2010

I think I touched a nerve or something. I remember that 2008 bench in the finals, and it killed the Lakers. That was a pretty balanced roster, almost as balanced as the Lakers roster is this year.

That would be you!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]I believe this is the first metion of the word lakers on this thread: Posts: 60 First: 9/16/2010 Last: 9/21/2010 I think I touched a nerve or something. I remember that 2008 bench in the finals, and it killed the Lakers. That was a pretty balanced roster, almost as balanced as the Lakers roster is this year. That would be you!

I mentioned the Lakers, sure. But I was discussing the Celtics depth when I did it. If this is seriously a point of contention to you, I feel sorry that this is significant for for you. You are in a bad place. 

If you think I am going to feel guilty or bad, you would be wrong, and I really don't care if you disagree or not. I was part of the discussion, I know exactly how it went down, whether you want to make a big deal about this mention or not. Those guys were big boys, and they chose to engage in the direction of the discussion all on their own, and they were Celtics fans.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

I can hardly wait to get tainted championship number three. We can call it trey-taint.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : I mentioned the Lakers, sure. But I was discussing the Celtics depth when I did it. If this is seriously a point of contention to you, I feel sorry that this is significant for for you. You are in a bad place.  If you think I am going to feel guilty or bad, you would be wrong, and I really don't care if you disagree or not. I was part of the discussion, I know exactly how it went down, whether you want to make a big deal about this mention or not. You are the one with the problem here, and I can not do anything to change that, nor do I care to try. Those guys were big boys, and they chose to engage in the direction of the discussion all on their own, and they were Celtics fans.

My only "problem" is why you are even allowed on here at all.  How many times do you need to be BANNED before you get the hint........no one cares about the lakers on here, we want to talk about the Celtics.  My "problem" is how you can have the gall to come on a web site and talk to legitimate posters about a team you clearly have no respect for.  My "problem" is why you are continually allowed to spew your bile about a team many of grew up following and caring deeply about.  You DO realize this is not allowed at all on the  LA Times?  And if you are as innocent as you claim in all this negative talk about the Celtics, how come you were BANNED two weeks ago for personal attacks and bad language?

Bye now

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : My only "problem" is why you are even allowed on here at all.  How many times do you need to be BANNED before you get the hint........no one cares about the lakers on here, we want to talk about the Celtics.  My "problem" is how you can have the gall to come on a web site and talk to legitimate posters about a team you clearly have no respect for.  My "problem" is why you are continually allowed to spew your bile about a team many of grew up following and caring deeply about.  You DO realize this is not allowed at all on the  LA Times?  And if you are as innocent as you claim in all this negative talk about the Celtics, how come you were BANNED two weeks ago for personal attacks and bad language? Bye now

I am not concerned with the nature of your problems, I don't know what you are complaining about. You talk as much about the Lakers as you do the Celtics. This is just a basketball forum, its all supposed to be fun. Nothing said here matters in any way, since these guys still have to play the games, yet you are always angry, flustered and surly. It seems like everything is so personal to you, like you have to win, win what? Banned? No.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : Are you for real? Gasol plays center when Bynum goes off sometimes, KG has done it foe the celtics, Tim Duncan did it all the time, even Magic Johnson (a point guard for the un-initiated) played center in an NBA Finals. Are you so incredibly blind that you don't think players can play more than one position?? Wow, just when I thought I had seen some insanely stupid comments this one comes out.
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]

That's because we're talking about personnel here, not rotations. That's the problem with you Laker trolls, you have a hard time grasping things. Everybody knows Gasol plays Center when Odom comes in. What I'm saying is when it comes down to the 4th big man the Lakers have Ratliff while the Celtics have Shaq. Get it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : I am not concerned with the nature of your problems, I don't know what you are complaining about. Banned? No.

You changed your avatar from Rick Fox to Brian Shaw so that it will not be obvious that you're watching Dancing with the Stars?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : You changed your avatar from Rick Fox to Brian Shaw so that it will not be obvious that you're watching Dancing with the Stars?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

You caught me. Cool

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : That's because we're talking about personnel here, not rotations. That's the problem with you Laker trolls, you have a hard time grasping things. Everybody knows Gasol plays Center when Odom comes in. What I'm saying is when it comes down to the 4th big man the Lakers have Ratliff while the Celtics have Shaq. Get it?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

The Lakers roster and the Celtics roster are different in the way they are structured. The Lakers as they are currently constructed, do not have a big role for their fourth big man. They have been winning championships doing it that way. 

The Lakers starting center is better than the Celtics, the Lakers Power forward is better than the Celtics, and the Lakers third big man, and sixth man is better also. Those three guys make up a rotation where they don't get into their fourth guy too much. So, the role of Shaq is completely different than the role of Ratliff, and that is the way it is whether or not you choose to accept it or not. In the world of NBA personnel, the quality of the roster supersedes the quantity of the roster every time. There is only 1 basketball, and 5 positions on the floor at one time. The fact that there is such a big role for the fourth big man on the Celtics roster is because the other three guys can't hang. Just remember whom is playing patchwork with their line-up to try and match-up to whom. The Celtics are trying to catch-up to the Lakers, not the other way around.

The line-up as I described it is what the Celtics are going to have to face. The personnel vs rotation argument you are trying to make is irrelevant to the realities of the situation that is going to occur when the games are played. If you want to focus on this to spin things this way, no matter the irrelevance, have at it. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : The Lakers roster and the Celtics roster are different in the way they are structured. The Lakers as they are currently constructed, do not have a big role for their fourth big man. They have been winning championships doing it that way.  The Lakers starting center is better than the Celtics, the Lakers Power forward is better than the Celtics, and the Lakers third big man, and sixth man is better also. Those three guys make up a rotation where they don't get into their fourth guy too much. So, the role of Shaq is completely different than the role of Ratliff, and that is the way it is whether or not you choose to accept it or not. In the world of NBA personnel, the quality of the roster supersedes the quantity of the roster every time. There is only 1 basketball, and 5 positions on the floor at one time. The fact that there is such a big role for the fourth big man on the Celtics roster is because the other three guys can't hang. Just remember whom is playing patchwork with their line-up to try and match-up to whom. The Celtics are trying to catch-up to the Lakers, not the other way around. The line-up as I described it is what the Celtics are going to have to face. The personnel vs rotation argument you are trying to make is irrelevant to the realities of the situation that is going to occur when the games are played. If you want to focus on this to spin things this way, no matter the irrelevance, have at it. 

No argument here, what you write is correct.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : The Lakers roster and the Celtics roster are different in the way they are structured. The Lakers as they are currently constructed, do not have a big role for their fourth big man. They have been winning championships doing it that way.  The Lakers starting center is better than the Celtics, the Lakers Power forward is better than the Celtics, and the Lakers third big man, and sixth man is better also. Those three guys make up a rotation where they don't get into their fourth guy too much. So, the role of Shaq is completely different than the role of Ratliff, and that is the way it is whether or not you choose to accept it or not. In the world of NBA personnel, the quality of the roster supersedes the quantity of the roster every time. There is only 1 basketball, and 5 positions on the floor at one time. The fact that there is such a big role for the fourth big man on the Celtics roster is because the other three guys can't hang. Just remember whom is playing patchwork with their line-up to try and match-up to whom. The Celtics are trying to catch-up to the Lakers, not the other way around. The line-up as I described it is what the Celtics are going to have to face. The personnel vs rotation argument you are trying to make is irrelevant to the realities of the situation that is going to occur when the games are played. If you want to focus on this to spin things this way, no matter the irrelevance, have at it. 

Unfortunately you're in the wrong forum. The topic is about how deep the Celtics are, not how deep the Lakers are. Anything related to the Lakers and the NBA in general is not supposed to be posted here. That's why your argument is flawed, it just doesn't belong here. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : Unfortunately you're in the wrong forum. The topic is about how deep the Celtics are, not how deep the Lakers are. Anything related to the Lakers and the NBA in general is not supposed to be posted here. That's why your argument is flawed, it just doesn't belong here. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Okay, lets talk about the depth of the Celtics then. Who is going to be the backup power forward?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : Okay, lets talk about the depth of the Celtics then. Who is going to be the backup power forward?

Glen Davis, until Perk gets back, and then Glen Davis AND Jermaine O'Neal

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Look how deep we are... : Glen Davis, until Perk gets back, and then Glen Davis AND Jermaine O'Neal

Baby?? Uggggghhhhhhh! Visions of Gasol continually shooting over him fill my mind.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

[QUOTE]The Lakers stink. One Rapist,one nut job and 8 whiners.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

Really intellectual, you're mom must be proud.