Love outrebounds Davis 24 to 1.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Re: Love outrebounds Davis 24 to 1.

That bad huh? I live in Louisiana so I can only see the Celtic games on ESPN,TNT,ABC. I see all the New Orleans Hornets games though.

Well Kevin Love is having a career year when it comes to rebounding, so it comes as no surprise he got owned on the boards.

What did he have in one game, like 31 rebounds? Incredible.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

And yet, the C's won.  Great team effort.  Big props for the bench as well as Doc for giving them big minutes.  Still wondering when Semih is going to play, though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Speed3Bri. Show Speed3Bri's posts

In Response to Re: Love outrebounds Davis 24 to 1.:
    [QUOTE]That bad huh? I live in Louisiana so I can only see the Celtic games on ESPN,TNT,ABC. I see all the New Orleans Hornets games though. Well Kevin Love is having a career year when it comes to rebounding, so it comes as no surprise he got owned on the boards. What did he have in one game, like 31 rebounds? Incredible.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

What,  no internet in Louisiana as of yet?  Of course you have the net...  you're talking on here now,  right?   Next time you have a Celts/Pats/Sox/B's game you need to see try this.....

www.atdhe.net

Umm...  it works(shhhhh,  don't tell anyone)!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Wolves shot 41.7% FG% and 29.4% 3pt FG%, all those rebounds won't matter if you can't convert them into points.

Glen Davis did a poor job on Love tonight. Harangody did a better job boxing out Love.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Love outrebounds Davis 24 to 1. : What,  no internet in Louisiana as of yet?  Of course you have the net...  you're talking on here now,  right?   Next time you have a Celts/Pats/Sox/B's game you need to see try this..... www.atdhe.net Umm...  it works(shhhhh,  don't tell anyone)!
    Posted by Speed3Bri[/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO...

I remember someone put up a link last year when I was in Houston so we can see the non-televised games.

Thanks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

n Response to Re: Love outrebounds Davis 24 to 1.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Love outrebounds Davis 24 to 1. : ROTFLMAO... I remember someone put up a link last year when I was in Houston so we can see the non-televised games. Thanks.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

This one seems to work better for me sometimes.

http://channelsurfing.net/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]n Response to Re: Love outrebounds Davis 24 to 1. : This one seems to work better for me sometimes. http://channelsurfing.net/
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Thanks One. There are Celtics fans NATIONWIDE, believe it!

Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Thats about as dominating as it gets.

Over 28 minutes and just 1 rebound for BBD.

Love is a machine.. why theres concern if he makes the all star team is beyond me. Hes dominating the league in rebounds

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Not the night to discuss as so many look at Love's numbers..  They will never translate to victories.  Larry Bird could have nine rebounds and have three times the impact.  I would rather have Beasley if he had a good head on his shoulders.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

yep, people whining about davis not rebounding. 

how about shak not rebounding either?  you don't hear a peep.  in the last 5 games coming into tonight shak had a vomit inducing 11 rebounds combined. 

so, make it 13 glass wipes through 6 games now including tonight for 7-1 SHACK, that's 2.17 rebounds a game.  but nobody rides shak like a pony, do they?  if you're gonna pick on davis then look at the whole wad of wax and see what's going wrong across the board, eh?

most of our team played below average tonight.  love got too many rebounds but at least he was held over 8 points below his season scoring average.

if you want to look at what stank tonight, i'd include davis' rebounding, shak's rebounding, rondo's scoring, daniels and nate into the mix.  that's a lot of things for one night and to still win a game.  nobody showed up rebounding the ball except wafer and pierce and we still won. 

how about that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I would take Love all day, every day. If you put him next to a decent scoring big Center he would dominate even more. He's playing next to Darko!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Big Baby wasn't boxing out, but neither were any of the other Celtic bigs tonight.  We were fortunate to get the win. Paul Pierce put the team on his shoulders again to get the win. Paul Pierce is like a fine bottle of red wine, he's getting better with age.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

we still won. but 24 rebounds is outrageous. our guys need better positioning and need to box out more. spend some time on fundamentals. KG hardly boxes out, he just jumps high. he rebounds with one hand a lot cause the other one is holding the guy down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]yep, people whining about davis not rebounding.  how about shak not rebounding either?  you don't hear a peep.  in the last 5 games coming into tonight shak had a vomit inducing 11 rebounds combined.  so, make it 13 glass wipes through 6 games now including tonight for 7-1 SHACK, that's 2.17 rebounds a game.  but nobody rides shak like a pony, do they?  if you're gonna pick on davis then look at the whole wad of wax and see what's going wrong across the board, eh? most of our team played below average tonight.  love got too many rebounds but at least he was held over 8 points below his season scoring average. if you want to look at what stank tonight, i'd include davis' rebounding, shak's rebounding, rondo's scoring, daniels and nate into the mix.  that's a lot of things for one night and to still win a game.  nobody showed up rebounding the ball except wafer and pierce and we still won.  how about that.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Yep, good point re. Shaq's (lack of) rebounding the last couple of games. He's also about 3 feet taller than BBD...c'mon shaq!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Love rebounds that way on everyone.   That's why he's the number one rebounder in the league, even over 7 footers.

Davis and Shaq did a terrible job boxing Love out, but we pulled out a win so I'm happy!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]we still won. but 24 rebounds is outrageous. our guys need better positioning and need to box out more. spend some time on fundamentals. KG hardly boxes out, he just jumps high. he rebounds with one hand a lot cause the other one is holding the guy down.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth[/QUOTE]
       I agree. Doc needs to run the same kind of boxing out drills that we learned in junior high school and high school. Even the best players can lapse on their basic fundamental skills.
       Bill Russell had perfect rebounding fundamentals. Doc should show them the old film of Red's half time fundamental skill training. He did one with Russell showing how to box the man out, carve out space and than jump forward toward the ball for the rebound. It's a great video. How many of you guys are old enough to remember Red's fundamental skills segment that was shown during the NBA weekend games that were broadcasted nation wide?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Oh whats love got to do, got to do with it
    What's love but a second hand emotion
    What's love got to do, got to do with it

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Love's a beast.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

True Shaq hasnt been rebounding a whole lot either... buts hes like 38 yrs old & the guy hes playing against isnt hauling down 24 rebounds like Love did.

The issue here is that Love dominated the boards from the PF position...BBD's position.... getting 24 shows how great a rebounder Love is but Baby only pulling down 1...well, thats just hard to figure

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Love's a beast.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Rudy Gay's a beauty. If they end up playing together that would be Beauty and the Beast or Gay/Love.

HAHAHA!!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from markp99. Show markp99's posts

I noticed tonite that BBD backpedals after each jump shot, and has no hope of following his shot to the rim, possibly grabbing his own rebounds.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]yep, people whining about davis not rebounding.  how about shak not rebounding either?  you don't hear a peep.  in the last 5 games coming into tonight shak had a vomit inducing 11 rebounds combined.  so, make it 13 glass wipes through 6 games now including tonight for 7-1 SHACK, that's 2.17 rebounds a game.  but nobody rides shak like a pony, do they?  if you're gonna pick on davis then look at the whole wad of wax and see what's going wrong across the board, eh? most of our team played below average tonight.  love got too many rebounds but at least he was held over 8 points below his season scoring average. if you want to look at what stank tonight, i'd include davis' rebounding, shak's rebounding, rondo's scoring, daniels and nate into the mix.  that's a lot of things for one night and to still win a game.  nobody showed up rebounding the ball except wafer and pierce and we still won.  how about that.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

You're kind of defensive.  I mentioned Love versus Davis because that was the match up at the 4.  Davis was the one that was supposed to block out Love and maybe get a couple rebounds.  I wasn't "whining".  I was stating that Davis got owned on the boards.  It's a fact.  It's just one game and it isn't a big deal.  But yeah. He got owned.  

I didn't talk about the "whole wad of wax"because this post was about how in one game Love pushed Davis all over the place.  It wasn't about anything else like how people shot or how Shaq has been off for 6 games.  Glad I could help clear that up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

C's have had a problem rebounding 2 yrs now.  I didn't see the game, but it sounds like a blatant example of everything they don't do right concerning getting boards.
    (Of course, C's won.  While we're complaining about Davis, let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater).  And they made another 4th quarter comeback, something we didn't see too much of last year.
    I don't know what it is about the C's and getting boards.  Maybe the coaches aren't focusing on it and are more concerned about getting back on D, maybe it's the age of our bigs, maybe it's too many aches and pains.
    I just know that if you've got good shooters (and we do) boards translate to more points.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Love outrebounds Davis 24 to 1. :    I agree. Doc needs to run the same kind of boxing out drills that we learned in junior high school and high school. Even the best players can lapse on their basic fundamental skills.    Bill Russell had perfect rebounding fundamentals. Doc should show them the old film of Red's half time fundamental skill training. He did one with Russell showing how to box the man out, carve out space and than jump forward toward the ball for the rebound. It's a great video. How many of you guys are old enough to remember Red's fundamental skills segment that was shown during the NBA weekend games that were broadcasted nation wide?
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]
    you can view them on youtube. fun videos to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH1LnAQp4cM