Luol Deng(expiring contract)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Luol Deng(expiring contract)

trade GW and Lee for Deng at trade deadline

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Re: Luol Deng(expiring contract)

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

[QUOTE]

trade GW and Lee for Deng at trade deadline

Coach Thibs said he'd be very disappointed if the Bulls lose Deng to free-agency.

I don't think the Bulls would trade Deng at this point in time.

[/QUOTE]

if deng will play in and out before trade deadline, then wallace and lee could be good replacements just to help and beat the heat

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

He's going nowhere.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

if deng will play in and out before trade deadline, then wallace and lee could be good replacements just to help and beat the heat

Lee and Wallace won't be able to replace Deng's scoring.

I think the Bulls will not trade Deng even at the trade deadline.

agree but they will able to help them defensively.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Not really a fan of Deng. Though he is a good, solid player. I'ld rather see how Lee responds to a disappointing season last year. Can Deng play the 2 or 4 position? Cause Green will get the bulk minutes @ SF. And I too don't see him leaving the Bulls.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

Not really a fan of Deng. Though he is a good, solid player. I'ld rather see how Lee responds to a disappointing season last year. Can Deng play the 2 or 4 position? Cause Green will get the bulk minutes @ SF. And I too don't see him leaving the Bulls.

me either. i just consider it as a backdoor plan, in case we fell short at the 2014 draft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Deng is sick, damaged goods.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Think about this as a trend in the Eastern Conferece:

Most good teams are employing two SFs to play either the 2/3 or 3/4.

You could say it started with the Celtics, employing both Pierce and Green and playing them as 2/3 and as 3/4. Now the Pacers will follow suit with George & Granger. The Bulls now have Butler & Deng to do the same thing with. The Knicks had Melo & Novak/Copeland but I think with Bargnani they're going a different path. And of course, Miami did it with Lebron & Battier and now they're going to breed Beasly to take that role. Don't forget about Brooklyn's ability to do the same now with Pierce & Kirlenko.

TLDR: the Bulls are stronger contenders this year with Deng & Butler and will need Deng for when they go small.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Think about this as a trend in the Eastern Conferece:

Most good teams are employing two SFs to play either the 2/3 or 3/4.

You could say it started with the Celtics, employing both Pierce and Green and playing them as 2/3 and as 3/4. Now the Pacers will follow suit with George & Granger. The Bulls now have Butler & Deng to do the same thing with. The Knicks had Melo & Novak/Copeland but I think with Bargnani they're going a different path. And of course, Miami did it with Lebron & Battier and now they're going to breed Beasly to take that role. Don't forget about Brooklyn's ability to do the same now with Pierce & Kirlenko.

TLDR: the Bulls are stronger contenders this year with Deng & Butler and will need Deng for when they go small.

yes, but deng is hurt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to maryngary's comment:

thats why bulls really need to find a replacement that could utilize players like lebron. toughness of GW might help them a lot

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to maryngary's comment:

thats why bulls really need to find a replacement that could utilize players like lebron. toughness of GW might help them a lot

If the Bulls do make Deng available, they could get more than just GW and any of our garbage.

Let's face it, the Celts don't have much to offer right now.

[/QUOTE]

agree