Marc Gasol Trade Idea's

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Marc Gasol Trade Idea's

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fierce34's comment:

[QUOTE]

Seriously, there's no way the Grizz will trade Marc Gasol for the sole reason of him being injured.

And the Griz are a playoff team, they're not thinking of lottery picks.

[/QUOTE]

Correct.

They are thinking about how to continue being a playoff team without Marc.

There is certainly a possibility that they look to trade Marc for bodies that help them compete this year. Marc only has a couple years left on his deal. He's not Rose. He may sign elsewhere or be too expensive for Memphis to resign.

Always a possibility!

[/QUOTE]

No sorry.   They would not be interestd in trading Gsol "to make a run at the playoffs this year."  Absurd. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Can the adults on this board at least agree that Gasol > Favarani. This should not even be a question. 

Fierce, you don't think Green, Fav, Crawford and Hump for Gasol and Prince is feasible? It allows them to compete this year.

[/QUOTE]

I just don't see any reason why the Griz would trade Marc Gasol.

Come on, our garbage for Marc Gasol?

It's not happening.

[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? How can you say that? I clearly laid out A REASON. I'm not saying its convincing, but its possible. Why is it so unreasonable for a contending team with deep playoff aspirations to trade one of its top 3 players if they get injured in order to salvage the season?

You were the guys repeating "its not happening" when someone like me thought up the Garnett trade idea in '07

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Can the adults on this board at least agree that Gasol > Favarani. This should not even be a question. 

Fierce, you don't think Green, Fav, Crawford and Hump for Gasol and Prince is feasible? It allows them to compete this year.

[/QUOTE]

I just don't see any reason why the Griz would trade Marc Gasol.

Come on, our garbage for Marc Gasol?

It's not happening.

[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? How can you say that? I clearly laid out A REASON. I'm not saying its convincing, but its possible. Why is it so unreasonable for a contending team with deep playoff aspirations to trade one of its top 3 players if they get injured in order to salvage the season?

You were the guys repeating "its not happening" when someone like me thought up the Garnett trade idea in '07

[/QUOTE]

But Kevin Mchale is not the GM of the Grizzlies.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Here's the thing, R9R, did the Celts trade KG in 2008-09 after he got injured?

I mean you don't trade one of your best players just because they're injured.

If what you're saying is true then the Celts would've traded KG in 2009 to salvage their season.

Or the Bulls would've traded Derrick Rose last season to salvage their season.

It's not practical to salvage a season if you have to give up one of your best players.

Marc Gasol is still young.

So what if the Griz struggle this season?

There's always next season.

It's not like Marc Gasol is 35 years old.

exactly!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

[QUOTE]

Gasol's injured for the majority of the season (indefinitely). The Grizz could do a smart move and just let it play out and get worse this year allowing their own pick to have more value in this loaded draft...

OR

The 7-6 Grizz could find a way to replace Gasol and make a run this year with Conley&ZBO. I think an injured Gasol would fit perfectly on this Celtics team. He would be the perfect Celtic center to pair with Rondo for the next few years and Sully would be a perfect PF to play with him. The biggest selling points are his high BBIQ and his DPOY status.

SO

Trade 1: 

BOS: Marc Gasol

MEM: Kris Humphries, Vitor Favarani

(+/-): Crawford, 2015 Clippers pick

The selling point here is that Vitor & Kris help replace Marc's production. Crawford's playing out of his mind and the Grizz could use that scoring SG off the bench. Maybe the Clips pick gets it done.

Trade 2:

BOS: Marc Gasol, Tayshon Prince

MEM: Jeff Green, Kris Humphires

(+/-) Vitor Favarani

The enticement here would be to upgrade Prince with Green. A front-line of Conley, Allen, Green, ZBO & Koufous could be effective. Hump is still included as expiring salary. Maybe Vitor is thrown in to get it done.

[/QUOTE]

This trade under the right pressures might go through.  Looks good for both teams.