Marshon and Jordan Traded to Warriors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Marshon and Jordan Traded to Warriors

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I believe that there will be another trade.  Danny will have to create playing time for Anthony.  That will allow Anthony to opt out of his contract next year in hope of getting a multi-year deal.  Sems like Bass is next.  His contract is moveable and he will add value where he goes.  That will free up playing time for Anthony and, hopefully, to him opting out of the last year of his deal.

[/QUOTE]

Last month on the SF Warriors board, I predicted a Crawford and Bass and a second round pick to the Warriors for Barnes, Douglas (expiring) and J O'Neal (expiring).  Got half of it right.  Iggy is playing in front of Barnes at SF so he was somewhat expendable.  Still think the Ws could have used Bass as backup to Lee at PF for the playoffs.  

But agree, Bass is next.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I think bottom line is a roster spot for any vet would be at the very least around $1M, so for around $2.8M Ainge gets 3 second round picks and a potential for a 1st + a 2nd rounder.  It is unrealistic that Ainge will use cap room for anything big next year so $2.8M is not a big deal, otherwise the Crawford and Brooks walk for nothing.  Nothing to be excited about, but I guess we all yearn for much more.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I still dont get the deal. id understand it if joel anthony had a TEAM option next year for 3.8 mill then we can just decline his option and we just netted 2 2nd roud picks for 2 guys we had no intention of resigning in brooks and crawford. But the fact that joel anthony has a PLAYER option which he 99%  will excerscise we are now on the hook for addl 3.8 mill nextyear. All for 2 2nd round picks? You really think philly makes the playoffs next year? they are worse than us!!! Y are we in such a rush to clear bodies? when we can just let guys wallk after the year anyway? Do we need the roster space for a big potential trade? On the surface this looks like a bad trade that took on more money. Unless their is a follow up, I think we are going to see some fireworks at the trade deadline.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I believe that there will be another trade.  Danny will have to create playing time for Anthony.  That will allow Anthony to opt out of his contract next year in hope of getting a multi-year deal.  Sems like Bass is next.  His contract is moveable and he will add value where he goes.  That will free up playing time for Anthony and, hopefully, to him opting out of the last year of his deal.

[/QUOTE]

Last month on the SF Warriors board, I predicted a Crawford and Bass and a second round pick to the Warriors for Barnes, Douglas (expiring) and J O'Neal (expiring).  Got half of it right.  Iggy is playing in front of Barnes at SF so he was somewhat expendable.  Still think the Ws could have used Bass as backup to Lee at PF for the playoffs.  

But agree, Bass is next.  

[/QUOTE]

Interesting.  That is exactly the trade proposal that I was thinking of.  With Iggy and Green, GS would have been covered at 3 and Bass would definitely be upgrade the rotation over Speights.  I suspect that Danny is looking for something else for Bass.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bayless made Crawford expendable. Danny knows what he is doing guys.

[/QUOTE]

precisely

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Gonna miss Jordan Crawford jacking up shots.

In fairness he had some nice games here as well....

But the lottery beckons. Go Danny!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

How lucky are we to have Danny Ainge?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I see ping-pong balls in our future

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I still dont get the deal. id understand it if joel anthony had a TEAM option next year for 3.8 mill then we can just decline his option and we just netted 2 2nd roud picks for 2 guys we had no intention of resigning in brooks and crawford. But the fact that joel anthony has a PLAYER option which he 99%  will excerscise we are now on the hook for addl 3.8 mill nextyear. All for 2 2nd round picks? You really think philly makes the playoffs next year? they are worse than us!!! Y are we in such a rush to clear bodies? when we can just let guys wallk after the year anyway? Do we need the roster space for a big potential trade? On the surface this looks like a bad trade that took on more money. Unless their is a follow up, I think we are going to see some fireworks at the trade deadline.

[/QUOTE]

I agree that this is not a great deal and the 3 2nd round picks are not something to feel good about.  But $3.8M is not a big issue when you are going to be way below cap next year and have no prospect of picking anyone great with the money.  Basically, we got 2 early 2nd round and 1 late 2nd round (Miami) for some Wyck's pocket change.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Now if we can just trade Gerald Wallace for some Coors Light...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Imo gwallace is simply untradeable, he is somehow UNDERACHIEVING, which you would have thought was physically impossible after last years debacle. They only thing hes stepped up is his talking. Shut up and play already, whats he avg 4 ppg 3rpg this year? With an 8 PER.  Pathetic. The odasity to even open his mouth. Look in the mirror.  We are stuck with him for another 2 season after this year too. Brutal.

Anway reguarding this trade, I guess we cant expect to get a 1st rd pick for crawford/brooks. But I just dont like that we get stuck with another year of joel anthony at $3.8 mill.  I actually understood the lee deal. This one not so much.  Plus it really saves miami a lot of money too, which makes it even worse.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Now if we can just trade Gerald Wallace for some Coors Light...

[/QUOTE]

Maybe Fungus will sacrifice some of his Keystone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

So we get Philly's 1st in 2015 or 2016? Why's everybody saying it's going to be two seconds? It's not going to happen.

Philly is going to be in the playoffs next year (maybe even this year) so Danny traded for another chip. Philly has Nerlin coming back soon. Two lottery picks this year. Unless they have another major injury they'll be in the playoffs next year giving Danny another top 20 pick for 2015.

Also remember that Crawford was traded for by using Jason Collins and Brooks was a throw in for the Brooklyn deal. So those two cheap pieces give us this great chip.

Anthony will be an expiring deal next year when Danny makes more trades or jumps into the free agent market.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Some are now saying that the drsft won't be that good after all.

Who knows past the top 5-7

Am hoping , somehow, we grt Jabari. his mentality is a "Celtic" , he is being coached by xCoach K

If we luck out with the lottery picks this year, and we only have  7 players under contract next year, our cap solace must be pretty good?

danny is going for some sort of Bird, Mchale and the chief move. And who knows what is in Europe for 2 nd rounders

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 37stories' comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to guyfromtex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is Tony Douglas any good? 

To me, it seems like GSW made out like bandits

[/QUOTE]
    agreed

[/QUOTE]

You guys are missing the point.  Ainge didn't want this trade to be good. He wanted to lose a skilled player and get nothing back. 

[/QUOTE]

Ainge is gambling that the Sixers make the playoffs next season. That could happen in the EC. If it does, Ainge will be chest thumpin' that he converted Crawford into a mid #1 pick.

BINGO!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bayless made Crawford expendable. Danny knows what he is doing guys.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, he can score just as well, and much more under control...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

There is a cash consideration in the deal so it is not the full extra $3.8M of Joel that they had to pick up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

There is a cash consideration in the deal so it is not the full extra $3.8M of Joel that they had to pick up.

Yeah, but the Celts would still pay Joel Anthony 3.8m next season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to scubber's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the Celts would still pay Joel Anthony 3.8m next season.

[/QUOTE]

I think Ainge does not care for cap room next year, so the edict might be as long as I (Wyck) don't have to pay too much, let's get more draft picks.