MarShon Brooks: Player Forecast

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxCsBruins. Show SoxCsBruins's posts

MarShon Brooks: Player Forecast

http://celticfanchat.com/2013/08/20/player-forecast-marshon-brooks/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: MarShon Brooks: Player Forecast

In response to SoxCsBruins' comment:

Didn't read your link yet. (not hyperlinked), but thought I would repost my comment on Brooks that is more appropriate in your thread here:

I think Brooks is THE biggest question mark on the roster.  He could either turn out to be a productive star or turn into a one-year-and-done ghost on the bench.  We know he can handle the ball well and light it up from the outside.  I watched him dump 50 something points on Notre Dame. He has the size, athleticism, and overall skills.  

If he can improve his defense, gain confidence and play with consistency, he could develop into a top nocth SG.  

Hope Stevens gives him a chance.  Be interesting to see his contribution and development   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxCsBruins. Show SoxCsBruins's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

In response to SoxCsBruins' comment:

[QUOTE]

I agree but I haven't seen anything so far to show me he can play on the defensive end. I understand defense is 90% effort, but i've been following him since his freshman year at PC and he hasn't improved one bit. Also, i hyperlinked it so you can go back and read it if you want.

Didn't read your link yet. (not hyperlinked), but thought I would repost my comment on Brooks that is more appropriate in your thread here:

I think Brooks is THE biggest question mark on the roster.  He could either turn out to be a productive star or turn into a one-year-and-done ghost on the bench.  We know he can handle the ball well and light it up from the outside.  I watched him dump 50 something points on Notre Dame. He has the size, athleticism, and overall skills.  

If he can improve his defense, gain confidence and play with consistency, he could develop into a top nocth SG.  

Hope Stevens gives him a chance.  Be interesting to see his contribution and development   

[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I remember brooks as a midrange scorer with nice, mature moves similar to PP.  I don't remember him as much of a bomber.  I think he just got stuck behind joe.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

defense is 90% effort,...

I'm not so sure about that.  If you don't have the atheleticism and physical tools your cieling is limited.  For instnce, speed and a big wingspan can buy you a full step.

Also, if you were not taught how to play defense, you won't be a good defensive player no matter how hard you try.  Believe it or not some NBA players were never taught (Amare Stod).

But you're right, if you know how and you have the tools, if you don't exert the effort then you'll never be good.  So all three are equally necessary attributes, IMO.. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Great moves, soft shot, can pass on the go (not just a gunner or a "can make his own shot"); reminds me of JoJo White as combo guard. JoJo was one of the most underated Celtics of all times.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to futbal's comment:

Great moves, soft shot, can pass on the go (not just a gunner or a "can make his own shot"); reminds me of JoJo White as combo guard. JoJo was one of the most underated Celtics of all times.

Agreed about JoJo...if Marshon is 75% of JoJo we gots ourselves a darn good guard...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

In response to futbal's comment:

[QUOTE]

Agreed about JoJo...if Marshon is 75% of JoJo we gots ourselves a darn good guard...

[/QUOTE]

He isn't.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

He is like Vinnie Johnson (microwave) in his gunning but like JoJo as a combo guard who can really see the floor; very good passer and dribble penetrator. This guy could really be something for the Celtics...got me on that li'l blue eyes.