Master of the obvious: It's still all about KG!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from texasCELTICfan. Show texasCELTICfan's posts

Master of the obvious: It's still all about KG!

With Sunday's clash against the Heat rapidly approaching, I am surprised that our esteemed media outlets (ahem) haven't elaborated on KG's nonpareil play against the Knicks.  KG, IMHO, may be playing his best ball since arriving in Beantown--and that, needless to say, does not bode well for one Chrissy Bosh in particular.

KG is fully capable of eliminating Chrissy's one-trick-pony perimeter game.  KG's hounding of Bosh on the perimeter will force Wade and LBJ to make quick, DECISIVE decisions in their half court sets.  Decisiveness is a product of offensive cohesion, and the Heat are hardly a cohesive offensive unit.  

If KG continues to play with the energy and effectiveness he displayed against NY, expect LBJ and Wade to being reduced to their goofy top of the key, yo yo dribble, flailing drives to the hoop.  JON and Baby will be poised to rack up umpteenth charges in this series resulting from the Heat's inability to incorporate Bosh into the offense.  KG's ability to smother Bosh takes away the Heat's sole ability to create spacing on the floor, a fact that should contribute to JON and Baby's effectiveness in clogging up the middle.

Am I the only poster who anticipates a huge series from KG?...or have we come to take #5 for granted. 

Thoughts, fellow posters...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: Master of the obvious: It's still all about KG!

You are correct, KG is still the key. You know he is going to perform defensively. I would love to see him take command offensively. His" get the the ball to Paul and Ray first" mentality needs to take a back seat at times. KG, please be a little more selfish offensively this series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

I think KG understands that this series for the Celtics to win hes going to have to average around 11-14 points a night. Ray, KG, and Rondo will be the huge scorers in this series.

History has shown us that Lebron will likely stifle Pierce but Lebron will struggle big time offensivley as Pierce will become strictly a defender.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Jeff Green will be a factor with Lebron and Wade and this could be a difference maker.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Texas,

I agree. With the most of the media focusing on offense, and the Miami star power, it will be team defense, led by KG that will be the difference in the series as it always is.

For people that have seen how KG can dominate on offense, it can be frustratiing at times when he defers to others, however, it is exactly his unselfish leadership, on offense, that makes the Celtics the team that they are.
    The pick-your poison Celtic offense, would not be the same if KG had to "get his points". In that case, the Celtics offense would look more like the Miami offense, with each star demanding the ball and complaining about touches. Instead, the biggest Celtic star creates an enviroment where others have to fall in line because he leads by example.

When KG came to Boston, he changed the entire Celtic culture at the time, and to his credit, he is still playing that way.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

P34,

You may be right.

The good news is, that he usually picks up his scoring in the play-offs. If you add to that, his usual need to dominate Bosh, and I think we will see more offense from KG.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

So do you think that Doc will start the game with KG against Bosh, JO against Ilgaskas or Anthony, or Rondo against whoever?

My guess is that it will either be KG or Rondo to start the festivities.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

KG is an A list super star, i'm not worried about him. If KG and Rondo play up to their ability, we can win the series, Ray and pierce just need to play good not great, but neither can use the excuse, that just because of who they're guarding, they shouldn't be counted on to score their usual 15 to 20 points per game!!!  I'm looking for JON, Big Baby and Green to come up big in this series!!

I really wish we had home court advantage, but as they say " it is what it is".

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I would like to see KG aggressive as hell on the offensive end. I hope him and Jermaine establish the inside game from the get go. My fingers will be crossed for the bench. From here out they will be needed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: Master of the obvious: It's still all about KG!:
    [QUOTE]I would like to see KG aggressive as hell on the offensive end. I hope him and Jermaine establish the inside game from the get go. My fingers will be crossed for the bench. From here out they will be needed.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

Agreed, yes they will!  I like the way they work together.  I feel good about them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Master of the obvious: It's still all about KG! : Agreed, yes they will!  I like the way they work together.  I feel good about them.
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]
    Youv'e been a good luck charm since you got here. Keep up the good work.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Master of the obvious: It's still all about KG! : Flip-flopping again? "A super star. We had one in KG, but i'm afraid his time has passed!!" Re: The missing piece posted at 4/1/2011 11:42 PM EDT www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406 " /> kyceltic Posts: 1788 First: 2/12/2006 Last: 4/30/2011  A super star. We had one in KG, but i'm afraid his time has passed!!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

How is your Magic team doing?  You know if they had won games 5 and 6, game 7 would have been on their home court!!!!!!   HAHAHA

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Master of the obvious: It's still all about KG! : Youv'e been a good luck charm since you got here. Keep up the good work.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

Aww, thank you!  It is my pleasure for sure!  Smile

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Since we have dramatic advantages at three position, I expect that Doc will insist on more offense from KG.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Actually it's all about Rondo. He's the engine that pulls the train.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Don't want any one player to be overly aggressive (not Rondo and not KG).  The C's need to be the C's.....the MOST balanced team in the league.  The reason we have the best shooting percentage in the league is that we are unselfish with the ball and make the extra pass for the open man.  Hit whoever is open and whoever is hot.....not trying to "overwork" any one matchup.  That needs to be emphasized in this series.....and NOT have KG be overly aggressive.  

I see Ray, Paul, and KG all doing their thing and not being intimidated.  These guys ALWAYS bring it and if they are off, they're still contributing.   So, Rondo, Green, JON, and BBD are the swing factors.  if we get good games from those 4, look for a Celtics win, baby!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Of course, the defense will be as important as a balanced offense and yes, Mr. Garnett is the key to getting that started.  Bosh is the best jump shooter of the Big 3 for Miami so if KG shuts that down, its going to be a long series for Miami.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Amen

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

No, not quite.

The other starting four always show up. Sometimes Rondo does not, as in the last several games of the regular season. So in a way, Rondo is the key to the game, just as any player would be, that shows up sometimes, and not others. Yes the Celtics do win when Rondo plays well. However, if any of the other starting five took brooding vactions, then we would be focusing on that player's play as the key to victory.

In his interview with Jackie McMullen, Rondo said that he did not know what happened to him. It was also said that he had lost his love for the game.

Children sometimes act this way.

So is Rondo's play key to victory? "You betcha"