Mavs vs. Cs: Grand prize vs. Consolation prize

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Mavs vs. Cs: Grand prize vs. Consolation prize

" Yes Paul was a pretty good consolation prize, but a consolation prize all the same. If Dallas hadn't of out smarted us and moved up to get Dirk, he would be pushing Bird as to who was the most popular Celtic of all time."

Re: Paul Pierce or Dirk Nowitzki

posted at 2/4/2011 1:40 PM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">
    First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 2/4/2011

NBA MVP, 4 times ist team all NBA, 4 times 2nd team all NBA, 10 years in a row NBA all star team, didn't need 2 super stars to carry team. Yes Paul was a pretty good consolation prize, but a consolation prize all the same. If Dallas hadn't of out smarted us and moved up to get Dirk, he would be pushing Bird as to who was the most popular Celtic of all time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CVD2312. Show CVD2312's posts

Re: Mavs vs. Cs: Grand prize vs. Consolation prize

Fair assessment in my opinion. Dirk has been All-NBA basically his whole career. Pierce didn't get much attention until Ray & KG came to Boston.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In Response to Re: Mavs vs. Cs: Grand prize vs. Consolation prize:
    [QUOTE]Fair assessment in my opinion. Dirk has been All-NBA basically his whole career. Pierce didn't get much attention until Ray & KG came to Boston.
    Posted by CVD2312[/QUOTE]

Thats not totally true.  If that was the case why was he dubbed "The Truth"?  That was way before KG and RAY came around.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CVD2312. Show CVD2312's posts

It's a nickname....what's that have to do with anything?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Dirk, like other big time scorers on a good team, will get a nod for MVP.  Pierce has two things against him:  - either his team was not good enough or his TEAM was too good (current Celts).   There's no doubt Dirk carried his team further and deserved the MVP.  Pierce, however, is likely a more all around player.  

Both are great players, but if I could put one of them on our team, I'd take Pierce because of his D and his ability to move without the ball (not like Ray, but better than Dirk).  No doubt, however, that Dirk is a tremendous offensive talent who can single handedly carry a team for awhile.  But in crunch time of a game, he's a fall away shooter at 7 foot.  I'd love to see him go harder to the hole at the end of games and draw more fouls considering he's one of the best FT shooters in the NBA!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]It's a nickname....what's that have to do with anything?
    Posted by CVD2312[/QUOTE]

I heard Brandon Roy's new nickname is B.O.B. It stands for bone-on-bone.

HAHAHA!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CVD2312. Show CVD2312's posts

Wow P34 you are clever

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I can't believe it, Celtic fans were high fiving the Grand prize as he left the floor. I don't know what was worse not getting Duncan or not getting Dirk!!!

On a high note Ray and KG both had great games. I don't understand in a game as big as this, why some players don't come ready to play!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE] I can't believe it, Celtic fans were high fiving the Grand prize as he left the floor. I don't know what was worse not getting Duncan or not getting Dirk!!!  On a high note Ray and KG both had great games. I don't understand in a game as big as this, why some players don't come ready to play!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Under a minute remaining, Ray missed a transition 3-pointer and KG missed a jumper. Yet you're blaming Paul Pierce for the loss. 

HAHAHA!!!