Maybe Doc should start Arroyo a few times to motivate Rondo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Maybe Doc should start Arroyo a few times to motivate Rondo?

In Response to Re: Maybe Doc should start Arroyo a few times to motivate Rondo?:
    [QUOTE]Tired physically, not sure. But I'm sure after playing for 65 games mental fatigue is starting to set in.  How about this, why don't guys try eating hamburgers everyday, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, for 65 days and tell me if you will still want to eat a hamburger on the 66th day.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Really, that was a poor analogy.

First off, Rondo hasnt played 65 straight days of bball..

Seriously, lets make some real analogies.

I go to work 5 days a week, 8 hours per day, every week of the year. Rondo plays 3-4 games a week, 40 minutes a game, for 6-7 months out of the year.

Many people are working jobs they hate, but still show up... have financial worries, paying bills, taking crap from their bosses......   Rondo plays a game hes been playing since he was a kid, a game he loves... he makes $millions playing this "game" and he appears to be one of the few in the NBA that doesnt have to put up with much crap from his boss.

Some people sit on offices all day staring at computers or breaking their back doing manual labor in the freezing cold, or sweltering heat....  Rondo goes to the gym, works out his body, gets in great shape with trainers hovering over him doing all the little things... the temp in the gym is a comfortable 68 degrees,,all the time

I really cant stomach hearing about a player that might be bored or disinterested from the grind... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

one of the strangest assertions I've consistently heard from the rondo critics on this board is that doc will bench rondo in crunch time.

the only time I've seen this happen was game 4 of the 08 finals, when doc went with eddie house in that epic comeback.

rondo at the time was an inexperienced bit part player on that championship team.

since then, he's played our 3rd most clutch minutes (08-09, behind pierce and allen), most clutch minutes last season, and this season narrowly trails the big 3 despite missing games through injury. (source: 82games)

in that time, our backups have included cassell, house, marbury, lester hudson, nate robinson, delonte west, and now arroyo, all demonstrably better shooters than rondo.

yet doc has preferred rondo EVERY TIME, and you want to know why? rondo is superior in EVERY other aspect of the game.

the game is called basketball, not shoot

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Maybe Doc should start Arroyo a few times to motivate Rondo?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maybe Doc should start Arroyo a few times to motivate Rondo? : Really, that was a poor analogy. First off, Rondo hasnt played 65 straight days of bball.. Seriously, lets make some real analogies. I go to work 5 days a week, 8 hours per day, every week of the year. Rondo plays 3-4 games a week, 40 minutes a game, for 6-7 months out of the year. Many people are working jobs they hate, but still show up... have financial worries, paying bills, taking crap from their bosses......   Rondo plays a game hes been playing since he was a kid, a game he loves... he makes $millions playing this "game" and he appears to be one of the few in the NBA that doesnt have to put up with much crap from his boss. Some people sit on offices all day staring at computers or breaking their back doing manual labor in the freezing cold, or sweltering heat....  Rondo goes to the gym, works out his body, gets in great shape with trainers hovering over him doing all the little things... the temp in the gym is a comfortable 68 degrees,,all the time I really cant stomach hearing about a player that might be bored or disinterested from the grind...   
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Come on Karl, you don't travel to LA, Philly, NY, Cleveland, Chicago, Memphis, Atlanta, and all the other NBA cities to work. Sure Rondo only plays 3-4 times a week, but they also practice when they're not playing other teams.

If you don't believe me try it yourself, try eating hamburgers for 30 straight days then tell me if you will still want a hamburger on the 31st day. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maybe Doc should start Arroyo a few times to motivate Rondo? : Come on Karl, you don't travel to LA, Philly, NY, Cleveland, Chicago, Memphis, Atlanta, and all the other NBA cities to work. Sure Rondo only plays 3-4 times a week, but they also practice when they're not playing other teams. If you don't believe me try it yourself, try eating hamburgers for 30 straight days then tell me if you will still want a hamburger on the 31st day.     
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Don't all the other teams in the NBA do the same thing?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maybe Doc should start Arroyo a few times to motivate Rondo? : Don't all the other teams in the NBA do the same thing?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

How many teams in the NBA have a better record than the Celts right now?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

ESPN ranks the Lakers as the #1 team this week. Let's not forget that those Lakers also lost to teams like the Cavs, Kings, Clips, Bucks, Pacers, and Bobcats to name a few. Every NBA team will usually struggle at some point in time in the regular season. It's just unfortunate that it's happening to the Celtics at a critical stage of the regular season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

These guys enjoy an NBA per diem of $106 for food per day.  I doubt that many are eating McDonald's hamburgers.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]These guys enjoy an NBA per diem of $106 for food per day .  I doubt that many are eating McDonald's hamburgers. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Nobody mentioned McDonald's. 

Guess you have not eaten a $100 burger.