Maybe the bulls, heat and lakers becoming favorites is a good thing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Maybe the bulls, heat and lakers becoming favorites is a good thing

It just occurred to me that maybe the Bulls becoming number one seed and all the talk about the re-igniting of the Heat and Lakers is a positive thing for the Celtics.

Like last year they need to get a chip on their shoulder and feel they are being underestimated and disrespected before the playoffs. 

The Celts have been coasting this year until the last four games and everything seemed just a warm up for the playoffs.  Now they are being challenged by the rest of the league and many are jumping ship to the Lakers and Bulls.

The challenge is out there for the Celtics.  They will probably not finish with best record but enough time is left that they can calculate how they can make other teams suffer in the playoffs.

The Bulls are going to finish strong but will be ripe for difficulty in the playoffs as they can't help but get big heads.  We already know the Heat and Lakers suffer from inflated heads.

This may actually help the Celtics knowing the road warrior mentality they had last year is going to have to used again.  Hopefully Shaq will be the difference if he ever gets back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: Maybe the bulls, heat and lakers becoming favorites is a good thing

In Response to Maybe the bulls, heat and lakers becoming favorites is a good thing:
    [QUOTE]It just occurred to me that maybe the Bulls becoming number one seed and all the talk about the re-igniting of the Heat and Lakers is a positive thing for the Celtics. Like last year they need to get a chip on their shoulder and feel they are being underestimated and disrespected before the playoffs.  The Celts have been coasting this year until the last four games and everything seemed just a warm up for the playoffs.  Now they are being challenged by the rest of the league and many are jumping ship to the Lakers and Bulls. The challenge is out there for the Celtics.  They will probably not finish with best record but enough time is left that they can calculate how they can make other teams suffer in the playoffs. The Bulls are going to finish strong but will be ripe for difficulty in the playoffs as they can't help but get big heads.  We already know the Heat and Lakers suffer from inflated heads. This may actually help the Celtics knowing the road warrior mentality they had last year is going to have to used again.  Hopefully Shaq will be the difference if he ever gets back.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

One game in a series would shift home court anyway. Ill trade health to seeding.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Maybe the bulls, heat and lakers becoming favorites is a good thing

My point is it is out of our hands.  The Celtics are not going to bring Shaq back until he is willing or the playoffs.  We have in many ways made it very challenging to think we can finish with best record.  It is possible but not likely.  I have felt they should have forced Shaq back two weeks ago because I saw them struggling.

They didn't so it must be Shaq not wanting to come back yet.  I would have preferred #1 seeding now it is unlikely so my thought to prepare to be road warriors because they have to get angry to go out and win this thing.  It was never going to be easy with the bulls, heat and magic.