MCW knocks Rondo out of top 10 PGs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

MCW knocks Rondo out of top 10 PGs

I had Rondo as 10th best PG in the NBA last year.  Michael Carter-Williams of the 76ers is the real deal and an early candidate of rookie OTY.  IMO, He knocks Rondo to 11th place among PGs behind:

CP3, Parker, Rose, Westbrook, Curry, Irving, Lillard, Wall, Holiday, MC Williams... then Rondo (the WORST 3 point AND free throw shooter amongst all guards in the NBA)

Rondo is tied with Deron Williams and Lawson for 11th.  Dragic and Vasquez could knock him to 15th is he doesn't come back at least as good as before the injury.    

Trade Rondo!!  and get another 2014 lottery pick!!!  Smart or Exum replaces the over-rated-one for our rebuild and a run at another Championship 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: MCW knocks Rondo out of top 10 PGs

Rondo is great in the playoffs.

And he is cheap.

No need to trade Rondo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

So you think Rondo is a better than average point gaurd. Good but not great.  Me too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And he is cheap.

No need to trade Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

Wrong. Rondo is in his last year of his contract and will be looking for multi-year big bucks next year.  Now is the time to trade him.  Also, we're not going to make the playoffs this year or next so don't know why that comes into your logic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I had Rondo as 10th best PG in the NBA last year.  Michael Carter-Williams of the 76ers is the real deal and an early candidate of rookie OTY.  IMO, He knocks Rondo to 11th place among PGs behind:

CP3, Parker, Rose, Westbrook, Curry, Irving, Lillard, Wall, Holiday, MC Williams... then Rondo (the WORST 3 point AND free throw shooter amongst all guards in the NBA)

Rondo is tied with Deron Williams and Lawson for 11th.  Dragic and Vasquez could knock him to 15th is he doesn't come back at least as good as before the injury.    

Trade Rondo!!  and get another 2014 lottery pick!!!  Smart or Exum replaces the over-rated-one for our rebuild and a run at another Championship 

I disagree with these rankings and would put Rondo in the top 5, but regardless of how you feel trading Rondo for a lottery pick just isn't an option.

That's no knock on Rondo, because I don't think you could say trade Steph Curry, or Westbrook or even CP3 for a lottery pick this year. If you are in a lottery this deep, you don't trade away a chance at wiggins and company for any PG that is 6-7 years older than The best players in the draft, because it will take you too long to put the required talent around them.

However get a 19 year old young Durant (Wiggins) and you have 2-3 years to still be bad enough to acquire other pieces without wasting their prime. think Cleveland with Irving. He is not in his prime the Cavs sucked for his first three years and get two other lottery picks.

Put Rondo, Curry, CP3 on the cavs at their age you just waste their prime, while still in the lottery.  As the hornets were before trading CP3. 

If Rondo were moved it would be to a team, with multiple young assets in places it doesn't need right now. Think (and I'm not saying this is the ideal trade) a team like Houston with a player like Asik behind Howard. if PG were a Rocket weakness they could put together a package around Asik and few other young guys. with a couple of draft picks for Rondo. Then you'd have Rondo Howard and Harden. Not saying they would do this other factors in play, but Rondo to a lottery team just doesn't make sense. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Not a fan of Exum, and Smart is more of a scorer then passer, I think. Out of the 2, I like Smart, but not as a point guard. If you don't like the fact that Rondo struggles with the 3pt shot, then I don't understand why you would want these guys. They both struggle with perimeter shooting, jump shots, and a questionable shot selection too. Exums' ball handling isn't the greatest, but he supposedly has a high BB IQ for his age, and he's 6'6. With that in mind, I still wouldn't take that with a top 9 pick in this 2014 draft. Too, what kind of talent is he playing against downunder? Talent pool can't be very good down there. Luc Longley and Bogut are the only pro players from Australia that I can think of. And Smart averages 3.4 TO's per game himself (yuck). Someone had made the mention of using Smart at the SG position. I like that idea (though he's not known for being athletic). Also giving him time at the point. But not as our starting PG.

I'ld look to fill other positions with our 2014 draft pick. Or just take the best player available. Like I said, I like Smart, but he's not going to give this team the jump we need. I'ld much rather take Embiid, Randle, Cauley-Stein, Wiggins, or Parker (just to name some). I think those guys have more potential to impact a team then Smart or Exum. With a whole college season to go, any of those guys stock could rise or fall.

I may be wrong, but hey, that's just my opinion, to date. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Irving stats suck so far the first three games.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

MCW plays two games and that's good enough for you - prisoner of the moment much? 

Most of the guys you have ahead of Rondo were drafted about 20 picks ahead of Rondo (except Tony Parker who was a classic Spurs draft steal), and most are paid a lot more than Rondo. Dollar for dollar Rondo has been a great value. You talk like he was a number one pick and max contract guy who let you down. He wasn't either of those things.

Guys like Lillard, Holliday, MC Williams have a lot to prove. You are very quick to annoint people. Wall himself has yet to show he is anywhere near the guard he could be. 

Westbrook and Curry are better than Rondo but Westbrook has to have the ball in his hands so is not a conventional point guard, he would have been a horrible fit on the Celts teams of KG/Allen/Pierce for example. Curry is fantastic for what he is but he is really a two guard, and unlike Rondo he has been unable to get to the NBA finals. Even Rose is somewhat of a two over a point. But yeah, he's better than Rondo. He is also a number one draft pick/max contract guy and just missed an enormous amount of time due to injury.

Irving looks like the real deal but again he was drafted 20 picks ahead of Rondo. 

I'll give you Chris Paul, when he is not injured (which he has been frequently) he is the best in the league. Parker absolutely is better than Rondo. 

As for rest well see above. :) 

I have a crazy idea - let's see how Rondo plays when he gets back and then rank them. In the meantime go ahead and move Rondo to 15th on your list since you are so eager to do so.

You can't get a good trade for Rondo until you get him back on the floor and playing well, you do realize that right? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

And he is cheap.

No need to trade Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

Wrong. Rondo is in his last year of his contract and will be looking for multi-year big bucks next year.  Now is the time to trade him.  Also, we're not going to make the playoffs this year or next so don't know why that comes into your logic.

[/QUOTE]

Rondo is not in the last year of his contract.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

And he is cheap.

No need to trade Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rondo's contract doesn't expire till spring/summer of 2015!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

As I have Rondo in my top 20 PGs this season, moving MCW ahead of him is premature... MCW shouldnt even figure in the rankings until 30-40 games been played

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not a fan of Exum, and Smart is more of a scorer then passer, I think. Out of the 2, I like Smart, but not as a point guard. If you don't like the fact that Rondo struggles with the 3pt shot, then I don't understand why you would want these guys. They both struggle with perimeter shooting, jump shots, and a questionable shot selection too. Exums' ball handling isn't the greatest, but he supposedly has a high BB IQ for his age, and he's 6'6. With that in mind, I still wouldn't take that with a top 9 pick in this 2014 draft. Too, what kind of talent is he playing against downunder? Talent pool can't be very good down there. Luc Longley and Bogut are the only pro players from Australia that I can think of. And Smart averages 3.4 TO's per game himself (yuck). Someone had made the mention of using Smart at the SG position. I like that idea (though he's not known for being athletic). Also giving him time at the point. But not as our starting PG.

I'ld look to fill other positions with our 2014 draft pick. Or just take the best player available. Like I said, I like Smart, but he's not going to give this team the jump we need. I'ld much rather take Embiid, Randle, Cauley-Stein, Wiggins, or Parker (just to name some). I think those guys have more potential to impact a team then Smart or Exum. With a whole college season to go, any of those guys stock could rise or fall.

I may be wrong, but hey, that's just my opinion, to date. 

[/QUOTE]

Well said. I agree. I think if are going into this draft to fit around our current players, I think Jabari Parker is most fitting. We need that versatile offense threat. He's been compared to Paul Pierce and Kobe Byrant. He could fit in well with Rondo and Avery, and Jeff could be pushed to the four, come off the bench or most likely traded.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

MCW plays two games and that's good enough for you - prisoner of the moment much? 

Most of the guys you have ahead of Rondo were drafted about 20 picks ahead of Rondo (except Tony Parker who was a classic Spurs draft steal), and most are paid a lot more than Rondo. Dollar for dollar Rondo has been a great value. You talk like he was a number one pick and max contract guy who let you down. He wasn't either of those things.

Guys like Lillard, Holliday, MC Williams have a lot to prove. You are very quick to annoint people. Wall himself has yet to show he is anywhere near the guard he could be. 

Westbrook and Curry are better than Rondo but Westbrook has to have the ball in his hands so is not a conventional point guard, he would have been a horrible fit on the Celts teams of KG/Allen/Pierce for example. Curry is fantastic for what he is but he is really a two guard, and unlike Rondo he has been unable to get to the NBA finals. Even Rose is somewhat of a two over a point. But yeah, he's better than Rondo. He is also a number one draft pick/max contract guy and just missed an enormous amount of time due to injury.

Irving looks like the real deal but again he was drafted 20 picks ahead of Rondo. 

I'll give you Chris Paul, when he is not injured (which he has been frequently) he is the best in the league. Parker absolutely is better than Rondo. 

As for rest well see above. :) 

I have a crazy idea - let's see how Rondo plays when he gets back and then rank them. In the meantime go ahead and move Rondo to 15th on your list since you are so eager to do so.

You can't get a good trade for Rondo until you get him back on the floor and playing well, you do realize that right? 

[/QUOTE]

No offense but your draft argument loses its potency once a player makes a team, starts for that team, wins a championship and becomes an allstar. Based on your argument, Rondo will be an uncertified success if he never plays another game in this league. I believe that it merely proves that @ least 20 plus GM'S dropped the ball during that draft. That being said, Rondo easily belongs in the top 10 PG list...