Meet the New Boss..............Same as the Old Boss?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Meet the New Boss..............Same as the Old Boss?

I titled this discussion the above because I have concerns.  They are the same concerns I had last year.  We all saw that HCA is very important, and I don't want to be a 4 seed again.  2 or 1 and winning 60 games is a good goal.  Of course, health at playoff time is #1, but I was hoping this team would be a little better.  I truly hope Delonte can help our second unit, because they need it.

My concerns from last night's game:

1.  Felton, Chandler and Douglas got wide open shots anytime they wanted them.  If the Knicks had more of an inside game, we would have been in trouble
    2.  Amare did score 27 points after starting slowly.  We need JON to play better, because although I love Baby (he is WAY better than Tolliver....:)  ), he is just too small to match up with players like Amare.

3.  We out-rebounded the Knicks 54 -38, and still only won by 4!!  How does that happen?

4.  17 turnonvers - same as last year.  Ray Allen, a HOF'er is NOT a good passer, and should NOT handle the ball in transition ever, unless he is shooting it.  Every time he kicks it back out in transition, it is stolen.

5.  Not just Rondo's FT shooting, but the teams.  We were .667 last night, or 2 of every 3.  Somewhere Bird and McHale are upchucking at shooting .667 as a team.  Rondo was bad, BUT.....so is Shaq, Nate, Daniels...Pierce was only 3 for 5!!!

6.  KG's total lack of inside game - on the subject of FT's, how can KG play 29 mins and have ZERO FT attempts??  He was also a -9!

7.  Lastly, Ray's days of playing 40 mins are over.  He has clearly been off the last two games.  I know we have no one else.........or do we?  Can't wait for Delonte and Bradley to come back, but I think Daniels, Nate and Wafer MUST play some at the 2 spot in the mean time.

Sorry to be such a downer, but I have high expectations this year, and I want us to be better than 50-32!!

BTW - if you are  a Knicks fan, how does Ronny Turiaf play 22 mins and get ZERO rebounds?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Meet the New Boss..............Same as the Old Boss?

I think 57 wins is achievable. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

P34, there is no way this team, playing the way they're playing this far, will win 57 games this season.  The Eastern Conference as well as the Atlantic Division is so much stronger this year.  We are just not going to sweep over the likes of Philly, New York (evidenced last night), New Jersey and Toronto.  We are going to lose more games this season to those teams in our division.

I also don't see any more intensity, passion and fire in this year's team than was evident last season.  We simply have a few different characters but with the same attitude.  Then, you add the fact that the O'Neals may or may NOT be yearlong consistent contributors.  This team will not start 23 - 5 after 28 games -- no way!

I have one request of this team -- better effort and win more at home.  As hedleylamarr posts, this team has some real issues that are so evident after just 3 games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Hedley,
    I feel just as you do. This team really struggles against athletic teams. I think watching the O'Neals and seeing even after three games their limitations is sobering after all the excitement during  the pre-season.  We can hope that the bench picks it up and I think they will.  Ray and even Paul I believe will have more and more off nights over the season. This is something that Doc will have to address with the current bench or in possible trades.  I think it is entirely possible that Rasheed is going to be a possible returning warrior say in Jan. and Feb.  Look for a season like last year(perhaps a few more wins) with hopefully a return to last year's playoff form.  It is all we can expect from a group that is older and subject to injury.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Great title for a thread hedley. Won't Get Fooled Again, THE WHO. WHO fans always refer to Boston as WHOville U.S.A.
        In regards to the C's, what you wrote makes a lot of sense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shawn5891. Show Shawn5891's posts

Our goal should b to dominate at home, hopefully win at least 36 at home (so far were 2-0), and get 60 total wins for the season. and if everyone is healthy at the end of the regular season I would feel comfortable going into the postseason with that! LETS GO CELTICS!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

The Celtics will play the same tempo like last year.
    They could careless if they are not the top notch of the east. But they will be around and not far from the rest of the pack.
    Those old bodies can't take the beating, they will try to survive
       and meet the playoff.
    IN the playoff, anything can happen.....just like how they demolished Miami & Cavs.......unfortunately burp at the Fakers. 

So  i believed its not important how many wins this year but how to get to the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

It's not how you start the season but how you play in January to March. The Celtics started hot last year, going 23-5, but ended up with a 27-27 record the rest of the way. 

Since the Big 3 came together in 2007-08 the Celtics always struggled in the months of January and February. If the Celtics play better in January through March I think they can win 57 games this season. 

Don't forget that 57 wins means you can lose 4 games every month.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

You expect them to do that then Doc needs to integrate his bench as soon and as much as possible so they can be serious contributors when those months roll around.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Meet the New Boss..............Same as the Old Boss?:
    [QUOTE]You expect them to do that then Doc needs to integrate his bench as soon and as much as possible so they can be serious contributors when those months roll around.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with a 9-man rotation?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

with three or four of those rotation players susceptible to injury ... do I really need to explain for you?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]with three or four of those rotation players susceptible to injury ... do I really need to explain for you?

Davis, Nate, Daniels, and Wafer, who's susceptible to injury in that group? 

Daniels is the oldest at 29 years old.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Ok, starters and 2nd team ... JON, Shaq, KG, Pierce and Allen

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Ok, starters and 2nd team ... JON, Shaq, KG, Pierce and Allen

It's beyond our control.

Danny Ainge brought the Big 3 together so that the Celtics will win a championship. Mission accomplished in 2008. 

Whether they win one more this year is beyond our control.

Who would have thought that Carlos Boozer would break his hand at home.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Tru Dat!