Melo 32-pts, 9-rebs, and 9-blks!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Melo 32-pts, 9-rebs, and 9-blks!

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Again, they may not want Sully because they have JThompson and TRob at PFs. They will probably want Green because they are lacking a SF.

[/QUOTE]

Not a good idea to trade Jeff Green. I think Jeff Green is still improving.

[/QUOTE]

Look we have Melo putting up two great games in the D-league and Green and Sully playing well on Christmas.  Their futures will be determined by their ability to play consistently.  We are all being yo-yoed by the performances of the day.  If we tank tonight and can't compete with the Clippers bigs the conversation will change in the morning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Look we have Melo putting up two great games in the D-league and Green and Sully playing well on Christmas.  Their futures will be determined by their ability to play consistently.  We are all being yo-yoed by the performances of the day.  If we tank tonight and can't compete with the Clippers bigs the conversation will change in the morning.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but we are talking Cousins here.  It is not like he is the model of consistency.  Frankly, I am all for te Celts not making a move.  One way to improve at 4 is to move KG to 4.  Then you have to take a look at 5.

Right now, I am inclined to keep Lee even after AB comes back.  The Celtics experiment to figure themselves out is not over.  We shouldn't change that much.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but we are talking Cousins here.  It is not like he is the model of consistency.  Frankly, I am all for te Celts not making a move.  One way to improve at 4 is to move KG to 4.  Then you have to take a look at 5.

Right now, I am inclined to keep Lee even after AB comes back.  The Celtics experiment to figure themselves out is not over.  We shouldn't change that much.

[/QUOTE]

If they decide to not do anything I will figure Danny and Doc have a good reason. I just won't know what it is.  Who do you expect to play the five with KG at the 4?  They need someone who can play thirty minutes at the four or five other than KG. Fact.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If they decide to not do anything I will figure Danny and Doc have a good reason. I just won't know what it is.  Who do you expect to play the five with KG at the 4?  They need someone who can play thirty minutes at the four or five other than KG. Fact.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It appears Melo is starting to figure out the pro game!! 

[/QUOTE]

He must have had a lot of dunks.  He looked incapable of any offensive moves in preseason but Im glad he is progressing. 32 pts wont happen in the NBA but he can def. help this  year with blocks, and he will be better in rotations in March and should atleast get a chance at some point just to see where he is at.

[/QUOTE]

Actually from what I saw it was a lot of tip-ins. I think a sullinger & Melo frontcourt is what we will need in a post-KG/PP era. These two could completely switch us into a dangerous offensive rebouding team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is a lot going on with the Celtics.  Now there is a public chorus, led by Magic Johnson, that Rondo should look to score more.  That is a development process.  Jeff Green still needs to get better.  For the first time in his career, he is under pressure to be aggressive.

If you want a quality 5, who would you give up?  Bass, Lee and a couple of first rounders will not get you Cousins or Gortat.  Plus Cousins is a head case.  Has been.  Will be.

I think that Danny will wait until the trade deadline to see how things develop.  But, by then it will be too late to make a major trade.  If the Celts pull something off before that, they will have to trade unrealized potential.  Last week was different but today, I will not trade Melo and draft picks for Cousins.  That trade will start looking horrible in one year.

This is a gamble and the best gamble that the Celts can make is to stay put and let the players continue to develop.  The trades that I can see are going to compromise the future and will not improve the chances of winning it all significantly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

I would trade Green in a second with Lee and a draft pick for Cousins.  We need front court help bad.  This team will not beat any elite teams this year without a legit 5.  You can move KG over to the 4 for the rest of his career.  If any team could real in a head case it could be KG,PP and Doc.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Mchampion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would trade Green in a second with Lee and a draft pick for Cousins.  We need front court help bad.  This team will not beat any elite teams this year without a legit 5.  You can move KG over to the 4 for the rest of his career.  If any team could real in a head case it could be KG,PP and Doc.  

[/QUOTE]

If you trade Green, you can't trade Lee as well.  That will leave the 2 & 3 backup very exposed against size.  Also, if you get Cousins, you are then looking to trade Melo as well.  Plus, with KG and Sullinger at 4, Bass is useless.  As I said, too many changes, too much risk.  Maybe Danny will do it.  Maybe not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is a lot going on with the Celtics.  Now there is a public chorus, led by Magic Johnson, that Rondo should look to score more.  That is a development process.  Jeff Green still needs to get better.  For the first time in his career, he is under pressure to be aggressive.

If you want a quality 5, who would you give up?  Bass, Lee and a couple of first rounders will not get you Cousins or Gortat.  Plus Cousins is a head case.  Has been.  Will be.

I think that Danny will wait until the trade deadline to see how things develop.  But, by then it will be too late to make a major trade.  If the Celts pull something off before that, they will have to trade unrealized potential.  Last week was different but today, I will not trade Melo and draft picks for Cousins.  That trade will start looking horrible in one year.

This is a gamble and the best gamble that the Celts can make is to stay put and let the players continue to develop.  The trades that I can see are going to compromise the future and will not improve the chances of winning it all significantly.

[/QUOTE]

I respect what you are saying but we did not sign KG for the future.  I will live by what Ainge and Doc decide but I believe in the end they will opt to go out and get a big man.  If they don't it won't be because you are right,   rather because they could not make a trade with what they had to offer .  The idea that you think a 24 year old Melo is going to be even as close to as good as player as Cousins while possible is highly improbable.

I will thrilled if you are right but again you have nothing to base your high expectations on Melo at this time.  Just the last two D-league games.  What I saw in training camp was a one dimensional player who is more athletic than Perkins was.  Perkins we got when he was 18 however.  Melo is twenty four.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Fab Melo is 22 years old,  not 24

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I respect what you are saying but we did not sign KG for the future.  I will live by what Ainge and Doc decide but I believe in the end they will opt to go out and get a big man.  If they don't it won't be because you are right,   rather because they could not make a trade with what they had to offer .  The idea that you think a 24 year old Melo is going to be even as close to as good as player as Cousins while possible is highly improbable.

I will thrilled if you are right but again you have nothing to base your high expectations on Melo at this time.  Just the last two D-league games.  What I saw in training camp was a one dimensional player who is more athletic than Perkins was.  Perkins we got when he was 18 however.  Melo is twenty four.

[/QUOTE]

Well said.  I respect your opinion.  And I am not seeking a win/lose conclusion in this discussion.

Here is how I look at it.  If Danny can make a trade, compromising the future, that will make Boston a genuine contender, he should do it.  Otherwise, I prefer that he stays put.

I have heard this age argument before.  Rondo is too old to improve shooting, Jeff Green is too old to improve.

From my vantage point, Rondo has to overcome his fear of shooting to improve.  If he works at it, he will steadily improve.  Jeff Green needs to experiment with his game to improve.  He has never been pushed to do that up till now.  You can see that he is searching that out right now.

Fab has played very little basketball in his life.  He should have a tremendous upside.  Up until last week that was pure speculation.  Suddenly it seems quite possible.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Wow. Im as surprised as anyone, I watched every summer league game (similiar to dleage competition) and he was horrible. Looked lost out there. He did show the pure ability to block shots, but only seemed focused on just doing that. Now he seems to be in position, rather than just using his size for  some weakside blocks. And hes rebounding and scoring too. This is a great development. I too wouldnt rush him, but if he continues to dominate at this rate for the next 3-5 games, I think he warrants a call up. Worse case scenario he is becoming good trade bait. Steemer became a solid backup center last year and i dont think he ever had a stretch of games like this.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Mchampion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you trade Green, you can't trade Lee as well.  That will leave the 2 & 3 backup very exposed against size.  Also, if you get Cousins, you are then looking to trade Melo as well.  Plus, with KG and Sullinger at 4, Bass is useless.  As I said, too many changes, too much risk.  Maybe Danny will do it.  Maybe not.

[/QUOTE]

I dont know if any of you guys know how bad Cousins is, but I wouldnt touch em. Sure he is talented but his negatives outweigh his positives and there is still the question of chemistry and how this guys fits in w/KG and Rondo who is headstrong. So essentially you would give up players who are still progressing here and have positive attitudes for ONE player who is a malcontent with the potential to ruin the whole team??!   Ummmmm, NO!  Lets not get desperate guys,. Worse come to worse, we play things out and I know this team will fight but I dont want to  trash the celtics way and our chances with an idiot like that. What makes you think he will change here. Assholes are Assholes and mental illness travels with you no matter where u go

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

someone should get with him asap that a gentle block is worth 10X a 6th row bleacher block.  varnado has that down as have several other greats- russell for one, mchale used to block the ball softly so that he or someone around could get it.  if you block it definitively yet the shorter the distance the ball travels, greater chance (50/50 anyway) that YOUR TEAM recovers that ball.

but he's got potential.

his physique looks.......  gooey- not fat- just not defined.  he'll need that to be a stalwart in the nba.  but he might be able to help this season

[/QUOTE]

I respect and appreciate Bill but also realize he is one of a kind.  A Gentle Block?!?!?  Lol, I think we just need to be happy with an interior defender , never mind controlling the block. Id be happy just blocking it. With all due respect, thats a silly comment. I will take the highlight blocks all day. BIll Russell aint walking through that door. Please explain to me how to execute a gentle block?!?  and u said u played the game?? Do you have to slowly lift your arm to block it or still go full force and then scale back right before hitting the ball? Is this a Volley ball technique....lol   Gentle block

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fab Melo is 22 years old,  not 24

[/QUOTE]

You know I thought that too, but watching Comcast the other night someone referred to him as twenty four. Then I remembered he had been rumored to be older during draft time.  I bet I am wrong as none of this info. I have is reliable.  Let's hope he proves to be a reliable big and comes up soon if we can't make a trade.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bigger numbers than jarvis but doc wont bring up let alone play a rookie..

[/QUOTE]

Sullinger?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from alchow00. Show alchow00's posts

The highlights of the game are here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy6OemhtCC4

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I live about 5 minutes from where the Red Claws play.  I have to go check him out.

It is wild that he is progressing so quickly.  I saw him play earlier in the year and he did not stand out at all.

Now all of a sudden he is Wilt Chamberlain. Weird.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I live about 5 minutes from where the Red Claws play.  I have to go check him out.

It is wild that he is progressing so quickly.  I saw him play earlier in the year and he did not stand out at all.

Now all of a sudden he is Wilt Chamberlain. Weird.

[/QUOTE]

Will look forward to getting first hand report.  Weird, unusual, lucky, whatever!  Melo could be an Andrew Bynum repeat with a better temperament (dominant big man that took a little time to develop).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It appears Melo is starting to figure out the pro game!! 

[/QUOTE]

He must have had a lot of dunks.  He looked incapable of any offensive moves in preseason but Im glad he is progressing. 32 pts wont happen in the NBA but he can def. help this  year with blocks, and he will be better in rotations in March and should atleast get a chance at some point just to see where he is at.

[/QUOTE]

Actually from what I saw it was a lot of tip-ins. I think a sullinger & Melo frontcourt is what we will need in a post-KG/PP era. These two could completely switch us into a dangerous offensive rebouding team.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Sully is a big NBA body with skills and a knack for the ball.  Melo is extremely active on the defensive end and has the size to get Celtics 10+ rebounds a game, as well as an offensive game that should improve with experience.  Put them with Rondo, Bradley and Green and the future indeed appears bright post-KG, PDub.

As Always,

CELTICS RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamLock

P.S. - With the way Melo is improving and gaining confidence, he should be able to make an impact on the defensive end as the Celtics make their playoff push in March and April.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Might sound like a joke. But I'm wondering if Melo is coordinated enough to dunk with just one hand in traffic. When he does that, then I'll know something.

Shawn Kemp style!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Melo needs to stay in the D league for now but he is playing well.  He looks to be scoring on the pick and roll, running the floor and putting back missed shots.  If he does that all his career, the Celtics are excited.  He will get  points from crashing the boards.  He needs to work on a baseline jumper but that will take time.

TripleOG, look at Melo's first few blocks.  That is what snakes talking about when he refers to Bill Russell.  The problem was as the game went on Melo got more emotional and just started to let it fly.  One type of block makes a statement and another type wins games.  There is no reason why you should teach or expect to perform a proper blocked shot out of someone with Melo's ability.

Winning NBA games isn't all about the highlights on ESPN.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Gortat is a better fit for Boston than Cousins, especially if you want to keep Melo for the long term.  I live in Sacramento and watch this spoiled kid play every night.  Great talent but there is a reason no one wants him here.  He is not coachable.  If traded for, your not going to have to give up what everyone here thinks it will take.  Every sports talk show, sports radio and people at work around the water cooler wants this guy out of town for what ever they can get because he is just pissing in the ears of all the young players ( ie; Evans, TRob and others ).

We shall see.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Steal 'em Danno!!!