Melo out, under luxury tax, Posey in...are we done?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

Melo out, under luxury tax, Posey in...are we done?

One thing about DA is that he's no lazy GM...always working the channels.

So it looks like we're done for the major season moves, right? We're gonna carry Wallace until trade deadline during the season and hopefully pass him off to some giddy, 'just need that little extra' contender. Same too with Jeff Green. We'll run out the Humphries saga, and he'll probably surprise us and we'll drown this board in the 'should we sign him' question. Hold Rondo back. Work on Sully, KO, Pressley, REALLY work on AB to get him a consistent season and minutes and not push him through a pain barrier (we don't want to do a Tony Allen. We built TA for the NBA and sent him out to do good for others), see can RR and Green work together,  see can Fav be our Prigioni.

I think that'd be okay, right?

And no Fab project to be doing back and forth on...phew! Sweet relief. Bet Brad Stevens was happy to 

And welcome back Posey! A 30-win season beckons. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Melo out, under luxury tax, Posey in...are we done?

Lots more movement in the next 11 months.  I think we'll see about 4 existing roster players moved before March and about 50% of the players on the current roster will not be with the team after this season.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Lots more movement in the next 11 months.  I think we'll see about 4 existing roster players moved before March and about 50% of the players on the current roster will not be with the team after this season.  

I agree. It's all about player development and the coach getting his NBA philosophy activated. 

In August 18th, 2014 out of the current crop, I'd take:

-------

Sully having had a solid injury-free season

Same with AB

RR REALLY REALLY taking the leadership and trying to fill the leadership void on the floor and in attitude. 

Jeff Green and RR working well together

KO getting some serious minutes logged. 

-------

Everything else remains a bonus. I think either AB or Green will find themselves traded somehow however. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to johconn's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

[QUOTE]

I agree. It's all about player development and the coach getting his NBA philosophy activated. 

In August 18th, 2014 out of the current crop, I'd take:

-------

Sully having had a solid injury-free season

Same with AB

RR REALLY REALLY taking the leadership and trying to fill the leadership void on the floor and in attitude. 

Jeff Green and RR working well together

KO getting some serious minutes logged. 

-------

Everything else remains a bonus. I think either AB or Green will find themselves traded somehow however. 

[/QUOTE]

That makes sense.  I would add Lee.  I think he was supressed and devolved under Doc and really expect him to become a productive player on both ends of the court under Stevens.  I also expect that Green emerges as a consistent producer and team anchor.  

However, iF AB doesn't show any offensive game, he'll be trade bait.  Conversely, if Brooks doesn't show he can play D, he'll also be jettisoned.  

Other than absolute keepers, Sully and Oly, The rest are detritus.

I have no doubt that RR returns just fine from injury, but his relationship with Stevens and whether another team is willing to package a young quality Center for him will be key to whether he stays or not.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

True. Brooks would be a nice bonus. And you're right about Lee. Doc boxed him up a lot and he kinda got side-lined with a 'win now' drive, which was fair enough at the end of an era, I guess. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

AB, Brandon Bass, Lee, and Wallace are good players, if they can be turned into a top 2, then we are looking at Rondo, top 2, Jeff Green , Sully and KO.  this would be a very good young team to go to war with, and we might just be better than most think.  We just might make the playoffs and be a bit past the rebuilding stage.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I like the idea of having Posey back with the Celtics as an assistant coach.  He was one of my favorite players from the Celtics championship team. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

I like the idea of having Posey back with the Celtics as an assistant coach.  He was one of my favorite players from the Celtics championship team. 

He'd a great attitude and definitely earned his ring. Gave the C's a GREAT kick off the bench. Then seemed to just be happy to get the nice contract at the end of it all and see it out from that point on. Good man in green though. Good man. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to romneywins' comment:

[QUOTE]

AB, Brandon Bass, Lee, and Wallace are good players, if they can be turned into a top 2, then we are looking at Rondo, top 2, Jeff Green , Sully and KO.  this would be a very good young team to go to war with, and we might just be better than most think.  We just might make the playoffs and be a bit past the rebuilding stage.

Top 2 for our junk?

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

In fairness those guys have shown that they have something to prove. They've shown they can do it. But for BB to play consistently to a good level we've seen him, Wallace to love the game again, Lee to become less skittish and AB to log more game time than ever before while driving his body though the boards, and all that to happen at the same time might be asking a bit too much. I'd take a healthy AB, and be happy with that. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to johconn's comment:

[QUOTE]

In fairness those guys have shown that they have something to prove. They've shown they can do it. But for BB to play consistently to a good level we've seen him, Wallace to love the game again, Lee to become less skittish and AB to log more game time than ever before while driving his body though the boards, and all that to happen at the same time might be asking a bit too much. I'd take a healthy AB, and be happy with that. 

True.

And it's not that Bass, Lee, and Wallace are bad players, it's just NOT possible that a team would give up a potential 2014 top 2 pick for our 3 players mentioned plus Bradley.

Maybe a top 10 pick, but definitely NOT a top 2 pick.

[/QUOTE]

100% agree. Leave it to a tanking season.