Melo to the Lakers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Melo to the Lakers?

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6101304

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Re: Melo to the Lakers?

Interesting. Not sure how I feel about that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

...then, they will have the big two!

no center no ring.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I hate to pat myself on the back but didn't I say "watch the Lakers" try to pull something like this off? This is how Kupchak works. It would be a brilliant move.

If they get Melo for Bynum and Artest, we seriously need to be concerned.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

In Response to Re: Melo to the Lakers?:
    [QUOTE]...then, they will have the big two! no center no ring.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Gasol is a perfectly good center.  And chicago pulled it off with Luc Longley.  Yeah, THE Luc Longley.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

As amazing as it would be offensively, it would certainly hurt the Lakers' interior defense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Denver may be the stupidest franchise in sports if they trade for Bynum.  I mean you know he is damaged goods.  This Nets have offered the best package and the Knicks are supposed to be his desired destination so why would he go to the Lakers.  This is what makes you wonder.

If the Celtics get healthy,  I think we still would beat them. Not healthy is another  question.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

[QUOTE]I hate to pat myself on the back but didn't I say "watch the Lakers" try to pull something like this off? This is how Kupchak works. It would be a brilliant move. If they get Melo for Bynum and Artest, we seriously need to be concerned.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

It was a good call; I didn't think they'd even entertain the idea.  I really like LA with Bynum in the lineup, but the kid just can't stay healthy.  I don't see what benefit this would be for Denver.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

gasol soft as tufo!
    luc was an aussie rugby hard nose machete

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

PLEASE make that trade.  Love to see Gasol play 40+ mins a night at center backed up by Ratliff, Smith and Caracter.   Love to see Odom be COUNTED on every night.............love to see  "poor poor pitiful me" Artest and Barnes just sit idly by while Melo takes all their mins.  Love to see koME react to NOT leading his team in scoring.....................this could be the worst defensive team in the NBA......LOL.
    Go ahead, Mitch....................do it!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Kobe will never give him the rock...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Denver would be crazy to trade FOR Bynum.  As injured as he stays, there is NO WAY I'd obtain him.

Also, that would leave a HUGE hole in the middle in LA.  I also wonder how Carmello would mesh with Kobe?  Gasol would be the odd man out.  The Lakers system is too structured (with the triangle) to add a player like Melo who commands the ball so much.

Guys like Gasol and Odom would get even fewer shots than they get now.  And we won't even go into how this trade would seriously destroy any kind of defensive structure they have.  The Lakers would not be able to defend ANYONE.

I really don't think this trade improves the Lakers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Here's why it makes me worry. Melo is the best scorer in the game...period. He scores with ease. He's a bully. They are already a good passing team and Melo only shoots so much in Denver because he has too. He's a great passer and better rebounder than Artest. YOu have to double Melo or he'll bully your SF all night. How than do you give help to Kobe??

It's just too many skilled players on the court at once. BIG skilled players at that.

Fisher
    Kobe
    Melo
    Odom
    Gasol

They can also take Fisher off the court have Kobe play PG and put Barnes in at 3 and go big.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

The risk for the Lakers here is what it would do to them defensively. Going smaller doesn't seem smart.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Let them have him. As good as a scorer Melo is, basketball once again, is a team sport. Then the Lakers will miss the length that makes them such a difficult team to beat and Celtics will have the edge. This trend of fellow stars wanting to join their posey does not work just because. It did with a group of veterans, Celtics, because #1 they were willing to share the ball, #2 no individual egos whatsoever and #3 because they played different positions.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

bias---so kobe & melo
              on the other side
              wade and bron
    do you think melo/kobe any better than wade or bron depensively?
    yet miami tandem still struggling.

no center no ring.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]Then the Lakers will miss the length that makes them such a difficult team to beat and Celtics will have the edge. 
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]
    That's my fear. The Lakers need another big if they're giving up on Bynum.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Yes I would take Kobe/Melo over Bron/Wade because of Gasol/Odom. Also both are bigger and more natural scorers. Bron/Wade get away with so much BS...carrying the ball, charging, etc....more than any other superstars.

Bynum is a help but he's been hurt so much I think the Lakers can survive without him. I still think he's good because he's so young. If I can get Melo I do the deal everyday and twice on Sunday's.

Phil Jackson has always liked big teams, preferably big guards.

I think they would beat the Spurs no problem. The C's would still have an advantage with their size but until we start getting guys back and stop losing guys it's hard to say what we look like in a month. We can talk about getting guys back all day but the longer we wait the more guys go down.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Just don't see why Denver would trade him to their biggest rival.  Certainly they can do better than Andrew Bynum straight up.  I still think they will keep him or trade him to the Knicks.....out of their conference!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

bias--how can you pick melo/kobe over wade/bron?

did you see the celtics/lakers game last week?
    almost 40% of the ball in kobe's hand. how do you think this will work?
    once kobe realize, there is no center, he will hog the ball forever.
    the best thing if this trade happens, there will be a big fight between melo/kobe

atleast wade/bron r sharing the ball.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Let's not start comparing Kobe to Bron/Wade. Just look at the rings and that will end that discussion. Neither Wade/Bron have done anything in the post season so stop looking at things on paper.

Did you see the Olympic team. They were all on it. When they struggled they all looked to Kobe to bail them out. Kobe will share the ball and the triangle forces you to share the ball. It's when they start losing bad he'll go into KoME mode. Wade/Bron do that every night. Gasol and Odom in a series will destroy anyone the Heat have on their frontline.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Denver would be the biggest fools of all time if this happened, and you may as well give the Lakers the ring if they get Melo. It would be all over!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bias,
    Melo is a bully what do you mean?  I watched this guy countless times he is a finesse player.  He rebounds better than some small forwards but what a stretch to imply he is a strong player rather than finesse.  I can't wait for Denver to move him, it will be much ado about nothing.  He is soft and the Lakers don't need soft. If the Knicks get him prepare to be underwhelmed there as well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]Let's not start comparing Kobe to Bron/Wade. Just look at the rings and that will end that discussion. Neither Wade/Bron have done anything in the post season so stop looking at things on paper. Did you see the Olympic team. They were all on it. When they struggled they all looked to Kobe to bail them out. Kobe will share the ball and the triangle forces you to share the ball. It's when they start losing bad he'll go into KoME mode. Wade/Bron do that every night. Gasol and Odom in a series will destroy anyone the Heat have on their frontline.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

On this one, i'm with you Bias!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I'm pretty sure wade has done something in the post season.

just saying...