MELO!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikekane3334. Show Mikekane3334's posts

Re: MELO!!!

In response to Fierce34's comment:

This thread is about Melo but the wingnut Mployee thinks he's better than Danny Ainge. 

Why don't you and Mployee exchange phone numbers or email addresses so you can have at it without wasting space on this forum.  It's getting real old reading your back and forths!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Melo showed me last night exactly why the Celtics need to fill one of their two remaining open roster spots with another guy who can play center this year.

He (Melo) may work out in the years to come and prove to be a good draft pick, but another guy to play center will be needed THIS year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:

Sully showed his potential and was a great pick.  He had successful surgery and there are many in the know that believe he will have a long successful career.

You definitely take Melo at that pick.  Were there others you could have picked? Yes, but Melo was by no means a bad pick.  He was a big that needed tutoring, with huge upside.

3 years from now, I believe we will all be excited with Melo at center and Sully as the staring PF.  Both from the same draft and this season will be forgotten as to what impact these to had in the teams 2012-13 seasons outcome.

We certainly won't be say if we only drafted x and y we would have won the title.  Most on this thread feel anything less than a title season is a complete disaster anyway.

Agree.  But, as we all know, the Celtics currently still need a usable and productive center to allow KG to go back to his natural position and also to clog the middle on defense.  Too many guards have been getting to the hoop so far.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Big Guy assigned back to D League today - per Hoopshype.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I think Henry Finkle could take Melo to he hoop, and punish him, today at age 70.

(HUH)?

But we don't need Melo today. We need him in 2015./Fierce

+1
    Kids only been playin for 2 -3 years! I was hoping for playoffs but 14/15 would be great. (hope no one else grabs him though)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

YEAH, WHY DO ALL THESE KEYBOARD COMMANDOS THINK THEY KNOW MORE THAN DANNY AINGE AND HIS STAFF OF PAID SCOUTS ?

LOVED SEEING FAB MELO OUT THERE TONIGHT ! LET HIM GET ABOUT 40 MORE APPEARNACES LIKE TONIGHT AND NEXT YEAR HE'S A CONTRIBUTER !

[/QUOTE]

Fab is by no means a bust yet, most people were smart enough to see that he was a 2 year project and not a guy who was going to help much, if at all, this year.

But just b/c DA is a GM and we are not doesn't mean Melo is guaranteed of being a decent player. Danny is a good drafted and talent evaluator... but since coming to Boston he has missed on Marcus Banks, Gerald Green, J.R. Giddens and Jujuan Johnson in the first round. He also felt it wise to trade a top 10 pick for Sebastian Telfair (granted it was a $ move as well).

So Melo could just as easily turn into one of those 5 guys as he could be Al, Rondo, Avery, Perk, Tony and Sully, the guys I'd say its obvious he's hit on in the first round of the draft. Perk was 2-3 years younger than Melo when picked but didn't start showing his stuff until his 4th season in the league. Let us wait until Melo's 3rd season before we slam DA on this one.

But I'd say the odds are about 40% he is a bust.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to painter's comment:

In response to red2004sox's comment:

Sully showed his potential and was a great pick.  He had successful surgery and there are many in the know that believe he will have a long successful career.

You definitely take Melo at that pick.  Were there others you could have picked? Yes, but Melo was by no means a bad pick.  He was a big that needed tutoring, with huge upside.

3 years from now, I believe we will all be excited with Melo at center and Sully as the staring PF.  Both from the same draft and this season will be forgotten as to what impact these to had in the teams 2012-13 seasons outcome.

We certainly won't be say if we only drafted x and y we would have won the title.  Most on this thread feel anything less than a title season is a complete disaster anyway.

Agree.  But, as we all know, the Celtics currently still need a usable and productive center to allow KG to go back to his natural position and also to clog the middle on defense.  Too many guards have been getting to the hoop so far.  

KG will be 37 in 3 months. His natural position is now Center. He is like the early 1990's Robert Parish now with a little more defense and a lot more intensity:-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Melo has made strides since summer leagues...not where we would like it, but I can see that shot blocking potential...the game is a little fast for him right now...would not be surprised to see him again....you don't give up on that kind of size and potential...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Impatient Celtics fans should give Melo a break! He's only 22 yrs. old and has the benefit of time to develop his basketball skills. DA drafted him because of his size and natural athleticism, and in spite of his lack of basketball experience. I do not recall DA or Doc ever saying that Melo would be an immediate contributor to the Celtics. That's precisely why Collins and Milicic were signed. Drafting Melo in the first round is viewed as a gamble by naysayers, but it is a calculated risk that is well worth taking considering his upside.  It's way too early to speculate whether Fab Melo will develop according to DA's and Doc's expectations or simply turn into one fabulous melon.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to 34wheelchair's comment:

NON-FAB MELO LOOKS LIKE A TALL SPECIAL OLYMPICS KID!!!!!!!

HE IS NOT AN NBA PLAYER!!!!!

PLEASE STAY BLESSED!!!!!!!!!!

What do you know about NBA basketball? You picked the Lakers to win it all!!! LOL!!!!!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

What do you know about NBA basketball? You picked the Lakers to win it all!!! LOL!!!!!!

WHEN DID I DO THAT MY FRIEND???????????

HONESTY IS GOOD FOR YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!!!!

Get a life dude. You're pathetic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

WHEN DID I DO THAT MY FRIEND???????????

HONESTY IS GOOD FOR YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!!!!

HaHaHa! On the topic of honesty, how do you feel about your beloved GM and coach? LOL!!