Melo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Melo

It also helps to read my 'who to keep' blog from yest to fully understand this take.   If you don't know me then you don't know that I don't think that DA has the ability to rebuild the Cs to relevance.   I don't think he understands the construction of an elite team.   Why?   When the Bost3 was built, it quickly was dismantled.   DA didn't know what he had and that contributed to only one 'ship'.   Plus, I don't think he recognizes winning talent.
       Many of you keep blogging about Asik.   Lol!  I can't hear Tommy yelling "Cs win the championship and Asik leads the way!"   I don't think so.   He ain't no allstar.   Pretty good player but he can't even play w/ DHoward.   Double figure salary?   I don't think so.   Cs be a fool to waste JGreen's 9mil salary on another all star.
       Who they should spent their cash on is Carmelo.   Trade (JG) or free agency (I don't know if DA has the juice to recruit a big time player).   You gotta build defense and rebounding around him (the latter they have, the former is not too bad) and there will be other pieces to aquire.   But, let me tell you this:   YOU CANNOT WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE NBA WITHOUT A SUPERSTAR!!   And, the Cs have none.   If you think one of these one-n-dones are it, well the Cs don't seem in position to get the top pick, nor to have enough ping pong balls to have better odds.   Plus, don't seem like any Duncans, LBJs, Kyries, or Eric Davis' out their.  
       Spend JG's money on Carmello, resign Humphries, then the draft choices for depth.   Still will need another allstar (also have RR but he's not a do it youself allstar... if there is one), but getting one is easier than getting two.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Re: Melo

I meant waste JGs 9mil on a NON allstar (tho any center who breathes can make the east allstar team).   But Asik isn't an 'alpha dog' as they say.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Carmelo can't make his teams better. He's a good scorer but he's simply not a guy who is ever going to win a championship. 

He's failed again and again with the Knicks and Nuggets, and not even come close to anything meaningful, and now you want him in green?  The Knicks have no 'ships.

Man you make me glad Ainge runs the team and I don't usually say that. 

As for this, "When the Bost3 was built, it quickly was dismantled."

You're not seriously saying that Ainge didn't keep the big 3 together long enough are you? 

Wow. KG and Pierce can barely play, if he hadn't traded them when he did he would have gotten nothing for them. Allen is a role player now. Also: the first piece in the dismantling came via Allen's choice - he had a better off from the Celts. So there was no dismantling there. 

And we were in game 7 of another championship, and if Perk hadn't been out who knows? Then we had a lost year of KG when he was hurt. "Only one 'ship?" How about credit for the first championship in a long long time?

Ainge has his problems but the idea that he should have kept that band of geriatrics together for antoher season is one of the nuttier things I've ever seen on this forum and one of the oddest critiques of Ainge I have yet seen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DPG182. Show DPG182's posts

Melo is a perennial loser - no thanks. cant figure out why people keep bringing up his name

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Every time I read "melo" i pray it's a thread about what's happening with Fab...not a rumor that carmello is coming.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

let the Lakers have him

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Never been done before. We give him a shot limit . 15 a game he takes 20 now He'll have to develop more game Ha

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

It could be fun for Lakers fans...that would bring back showtime for sure.  The lakers could score 110 and their opponents could score 125 every night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Melo doesn't play D or rebound..........no way do I want him

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Melo is the cancer of cancers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Carmelo can't make his teams better. He's a good scorer but he's simply not a guy who is ever going to win a championship. 

He's failed again and again with the Knicks and Nuggets, and not even come close to anything meaningful, and now you want him in green?  The Knicks have no 'ships.

Man you make me glad Ainge runs the team and I don't usually say that. 

As for this, "When the Bost3 was built, it quickly was dismantled."

You're not seriously saying that Ainge didn't keep the big 3 together long enough are you? 

Wow. KG and Pierce can barely play, if he hadn't traded them when he did he would have gotten nothing for them. Allen is a role player now. Also: the first piece in the dismantling came via Allen's choice - he had a better off from the Celts. So there was no dismantling there. 

And we were in game 7 of another championship, and if Perk hadn't been out who knows? Then we had a lost year of KG when he was hurt. "Only one 'ship?" How about credit for the first championship in a long long time?

Ainge has his problems but the idea that he should have kept that band of geriatrics together for antoher season is one of the nuttier things I've ever seen on this forum and one of the oddest critiques of Ainge I have yet seen.

[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more about Pierce and KG.  When KG and Ray joined the Celtics they were both older players that gave the Celtics a small window and limited years to win a championship.  If they were both much younger when they were traded to the Celtics the Celtics would have had more opportunities to win and be competitive.  To say that the the big 3 was quickly dismantled is just wrong. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Melo (not to be consufed with Fab) is a great indivudual player and entertaining for fans to watch, but you're not going to get a Championship with him.  He is not a winner.  He is not a team player.  He is an anti-team leader.  And anyone with a giant picture of himself hanging over the fireplace in his livingroom belongs in L.A.,  Not Boston.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Melo (not to be consufed with Fab) is a great indivudual player and entertaining for fans to watch, but you're not going to get a Championship with him.  He is not a winner.  He is not a team player.  He is an anti-team leader.  And anyone with a giant picture of himself hanging over the fireplace in his livingroom belongs in L.A.,  Not Boston.   

[/QUOTE]

Well said. He's a brat of a player. The typical modern-day brat. He's lost the plot and the chance to be a top-class player in this league. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

What you mean 'Carmelo' has never won a championship.   He won one at Syracuse.   There are a lot on NBAer who can't say that....   If you guys knew ball, then the Bost3 is not just 3 players.   You need 5 players last I saw about prof basketball.   It's a metaphor for the late aughts team (Big3 would be for 80's,   Russell era for 60s) you mensa grads!   Lol.   It's the era (lol).   Anyway, DA let Powe and Posey go to soon.   I might be correct or I might be wrong, but the Cs never won a championship w/o them on the team.   When you win a championship then you have to let that team try n repeat.    You can add, but shouldn't subtract your main players.   They have a right to leave, but the GM shouldn't initiate it.
       KG always lost before he got to the Cs.   What, he only won one series in playoffs b4 the Cs?   Or, was it that he made the playoffs only once.   What has Parker or Wiggins won or Smart?   Oh, they're in college?   What is McLemore winning?   What has Kyrie won?   Even Eric Davis?  Or even Ray Allen b4 the Cs.    The point is that you have to coach them up and build a team around them (not a big this or that, but a team...lol).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

When Charlie Scott came to the Cs, everyone said the same thing.   "He's a gunner".   "Doesn't play D".   "Not a team player".   Similar to Nate Archibald.   "He's just gonna take all the shots".   You guys don't really watch these players and see what talents they have.   Sometimes really sit down and watch them.   Just watch Carmelo and watch his strengths.   Turn the sound down (tho I love to listen to Clyde Frasier talk basketball).   You'll appreciate his skills.   Offensively as good as Durant!   You don't get that skill everyday.... No get Asik instead.   lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In response to docc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What you mean 'Carmelo' has never won a championship.   He won one at Syracuse.   There are a lot on NBAer who can't say that....   If you guys knew ball, then the Bost3 is not just 3 players.   You need 5 players last I saw about prof basketball.   It's a metaphor for the late aughts team (Big3 would be for 80's,   Russell era for 60s) you mensa grads!   Lol.   It's the era (lol).   Anyway, DA let Powe and Posey go to soon.   I might be correct or I might be wrong, but the Cs never won a championship w/o them on the team.   When you win a championship then you have to let that team try n repeat.    You can add, but shouldn't subtract your main players.   They have a right to leave, but the GM shouldn't initiate it.
       KG always lost before he got to the Cs.   What, he only won one series in playoffs b4 the Cs?   Or, was it that he made the playoffs only once.   What has Parker or Wiggins won or Smart?   Oh, they're in college?   What is McLemore winning?   What has Kyrie won?   Even Eric Davis?  Or even Ray Allen b4 the Cs.    The point is that you have to coach them up and build a team around them (not a big this or that, but a team...lol).

[/QUOTE]

unreadable!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I would be willing to give up 2-3 players and a pick for Melo/Shumpert than Asik. Melo, like him or hate him, is an undeniable top tier talent and with the players he would have around him here would make us an instant contender. According to espn trade machine Lee/Wallace/Bass would work, we throw in a draft pick and I think the nicks would go for it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

I mean, I don't hate Asik.   But, he by himself won't make the Cs better.   They still need a real allstar.   So, who is on the horizen?   Right now the Cs are getting 2 picks in the teens.   Not even one ping-pong ball.   So, Asik right now is a lateral move (little bit higher cause he is a hustling center).   There have been many allstars drafted in the teens.   Is there one this year?
       Shumpert over Wallace?   I think only cause of age (and of course salary).   Things being even I like Wallace.   He can cover bigger small forwards.   I'm thinking JGreen's salary would match.   Knicks would like his younger age.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

I'm not a 'Melo fan, but in another thread I advanced that K. Love was an outstanding part of the last Olympic team and made big contributions. The same could be said for Anthony - surround him with high quality teammates and he gets better.  Denver couldn't do it, and the Knicks can't do that, so he's left to attempt to shoot them to wins.  He gets paid to put up points, not to defend or rebound, because without his offense, the Knicks are really, really, really terrible.  He has the ability to be an all-around player but in his NBA situations, his most important skill has been to score. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Why just stop with Melo? Lets have Danny add Meta World Peace and J.R. smith as well!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I'm sorry but, if you  were willing to give up 1st rounders Melo is the right guy at the right time for the C's. He has the same  credetials as RA & KG when we pulled the last big big trade, he has his $$$$ and he has everything but a ring and his respect is at an all time low,now is the time to appeal to his ego and say with this team you could be THE guy to make a difference. I see Melo being PP in 2005, I've had a taste,I'm set $$$ for life I'm ready to start my legacy. Melo/Shumpert for..... is the fast track for 18. Everyone thought KG,RA was a rental, why not Melo ? A Melo/Shumpert for Wallace/Lee/ Bass/ Bogans or Lee/ Picks is doable. I'd be more willing to give up picks for Melo than Asik fo sure. We have the perfect team for Mel/Shumpert to become instant contenders,very very serious contenders. 18 that's what it is all about.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Rickrand, I know u just messing w/ us, so I'll leave that comment alone.... Rajon-Hondo, actually I would like Asik also.   The Cs could use his defense behind the rest of the team.  Like what Chandler does for the Knicks.   Asik for the deal they're trying to make now.   But Cs have to get him for past next season and he would have to sign for much less than the 15mil he is getting next season (who signed him for that!!) as the extension.
       Melo is a free agent after the season.   So, I'm not giving too much to the NYKs.   Maybe late round (ie lottery protected) first and JGreen (not worth the 9mil) esp for flexibility on the cap.   NYKs will be the desperate one.   No AB, Crawford, the pf3, RR, nor Wallace.   Get a shooter in the draft.   And, if they start losing (won't so much if get Melo and Asik this season), then wow!   In fact, these two moves don't have to be done during the season, but isn't a guarantee that they b avail in off season.   Of course LBJ is a free agent and others too