Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again

In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again:
    [QUOTE]The Heat don't play well against us, either - do they JJ?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    not to the tune of 13 straight losses...but hey, like i said...the mavs dominance over the heat didnt mean squat in 06...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again

In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : not to the tune of 13 straight losses...but hey, like i said...the mavs dominance over the heat didnt mean squat in 06...
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

The refs made sure of that.  That officiating along with the Laker Sac debacle was the two worst officated series I have ever seen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Ooooo; that dress and hiking boots for all the traveling he does.  I know I'm in the minority but I happen to believe that his so-called "athleticism" is nothing more than a few dunks and bulldozing over guards and small forwards.  He moves awkwardly but appropriately for a man of his height and weight.  He's no Grant Hill or any number of truly elegant athletes in the NBA.  Queen James is vastly overrated - came from high school into the league playing for his hometown team - that's a great story but he hasn't done anything to deserve all the accolades.  Does anyone shoot more air-balls from the free throw line?  Maybe he'd be more effective as a tight end.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : It is absolutely disgusting the way the league is bent upon making Lebron into an icon.  Yes, he is a very talented player.  But he is also a picturebook example of why there should be a category of flagrant charge.  He can come barreling into a player and knock the heck out of them, only to be called for a charge.  At the same time, Baby hugs a guy and gets called for a flagrant foul. This is beyond ridiculous.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]I believe once upone a time this type of charge was just called a "player control found" and any time an offensive player just careened into the lane wildly, it was an automatic charge call.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

LeBron commits a 'player control foul' 6-7x a game, gets called once, and cries about it.

He travels another 6-7x a game, gets called once, and cries about it.

I think Pierce probably gets away with 1-2 of each call a game, as do several all-stars around the game.

The extend to which LeBron takes it, and to which the refs look the other way, is what is sickening

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : not to the tune of 13 straight losses...but hey, like i said...the mavs dominance over the heat didnt mean squat in 06...

Just 6 of the last 7 including the playoffs!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : Disagree. PP's pump fakes then jumping into the opponent while in the air  is a TYPICAL CALL in the NBA. Almost every player gets that call, not just PP. Nobody else in the NBA gets blocking calls for what Lebron is doing.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Guess who gets the most foul calls, per game, in the NBA, career wise? 

Dwayne Wade  --  9.2

Lebron  --  9.0

Paul Pierce  --  8

Kobe Bryant  --  8 

PaulPierce also gets 8 foul shots in his play-off career.

It is called STAR CALLS!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

and yet somehow Pierce has always gotten the majority of these calls without having to smash through players in the same way LeBron did. He does the cheap upfake move that the league calls on everyone masterfully and is not afraid to take contact in the paint... only he rarely initiates it from a running (traveling) start with a sweeping forearm

I'm sure those #'s are a bit skewed by 02-07 Pierce being the only great player on his team and needing 30 for them to win any big games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : The refs made sure of that.  That officiating along with the Laker Sac debacle was the two worst officated series I have ever seen.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    yes we can completely ignore the fact that wade was the only person on either team to attack the basket possession after possession or that haslem played absolutely lock down D on dirk

but im sure the celtics have never, ever gotten calls their way...i bet the refs conspired to help the opposing team but decided if was only fair to let the celtics win 17 titles for the missed calls

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : Just 6 of the last 7 including the playoffs!!
    and its meaningless until this playoff season comes around

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]and yet somehow Pierce has always gotten the majority of these calls without having to smash through players in the same way LeBron did. He does the cheap upfake move that the league calls on everyone masterfully and is not afraid to take contact in the paint... only he rarely initiates it from a running (traveling) start with a sweeping forearm I'm sure those #'s are a bit skewed by 02-07 Pierce being the only great player on his team and needing 30 for them to win any big games.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]
    right, because wade and james have always been surrounded by great players

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : and its meaningless until this playoff season comes around

BRING IT!!!

And you'd feel differently if it was 6 out of 7 the other way!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : BRING IT!!! And you'd feel differently if it was 6 out of 7 the other way!
    it will be broughten

and no, not really...back in the early 90's...the dolphins regularly squished the pats...and were an epic failure in the playoffs...and as nice as it was to brag about beating hapless pats teams...it didnt mean anything because my team didnt accomplish its goal...

and then the shoe was on the other foot and the pats still struggle with the phins for the most part...but have put up 3 titles in the mean time...which gives my friends bragging rights that i cannot even fathom

so basically...i look at it this way...i started following pro basketball in 89 when the heat came about...since then...the celtics and heat have won 1 title each...so in the big picture...we are tied...because both of us know that regular season wins and losses come and go...but its all about the rings

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Basically, I started following the NBA in 1972, so it's 6 to 1 - what lopsided logic!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]Basically, I started following the NBA in 1972, so it's 6 to 1 - what lopsided logic!
    congrats on your team's success through the ages...may we all be so lucky...but do i brag about the 72-73 phins? no...their teams were dominant before i was born...so it seems pointless to celebrate athletic feats that took place before my existence...admire them? sure...brag about them? pathetic IMO

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Great, I will continue to celebrate them, since I was around.  72 Dolphins were possibly the best team I've ever seen - but I am really not a football guy.  I can say, though, that because of you I am going to do something I have never done before.....................root for the lakers on Christmas Day.

Hope you're proud of yourself.  I was going to root for the Heat until you started stalking me!  PLEASE just leave me alone - okay, please!  I'm not interested in your childish retorts to every one of my posts - you are out of your league, son - just leave me be!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : congrats on your team's success through the ages...may we all be so lucky...but do i brag about the 72-73 phins? no...their teams were dominant before i was born...so it seems pointless to celebrate athletic feats that took place before my existence...admire them? sure...brag about them? pathetic IMO

Would it be different for you if you had been alive and a fan? I think so. I started following the Celtics in 61 so I don't know what it is 15-1 or so?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : Would it be different for you if you had been alive and a fan? I think so. I started following the Celtics in 61 so I don't know what it is 15-1 or so?
    Posted by gtown07[/QUOTE]
    absolutely it would be different...id probably wear a pin or something on my jersey or hat and let everyone know that the dolphins are the only undefeated team in history...but alas...i wasnt born yet, so im stuck with my ricky williams jersey rooting for the lol-phins every sunday

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : childish retorts?...i gave you a straight up answer...i said the word pathetic...which i assume is what you have your panties in a bind for...but i didnt aim that at you IMO, i find it pathetic that yankees fans celebrate all 27 titles when almost asuredly no one has been around to see all 27 titles, yet they still brag about it...that was my point the last part is straight up laughable...out of your league? what league is that? the geezer league? the regular season matters league? what league?...as ive suggested before...ignore me or grow some thicker skin if you want to play on the internet, bub

I notice you haven't yet made your prediction for Christmas Day.  Learned a little lesson, did we JJ?
    See, I did teach you something!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : I notice you haven't yet made your prediction for Christmas Day.  Learned a little lesson, did we JJ? See, I did teach you something!
    heat by 10

the only thing you taught me is that being a grammar nazi is the best way to show that your argument doesnt hold a candle...or do we need to revisit your claim that the regular season means something?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schleprechaun. Show Schleprechaun's posts

Heat by 10. I will remember that one.

I guess I will be throwing in for the Lakers, though I am holding out that in 2-3 years LeBrawn might mature up to a 18-19 y/old's level.

Until then, as always, I root against the hype-la.Laughing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : right, because wade and james have always been surrounded by great players

Ummm

that shows me that Pierce now averages 5-6 trips to the line so he used to average 9-10 when he had nobody on his team.

wade had shaq and Wade gets called much more fairly then LeBron. He is an excellent slasher who was bange dup for a few years b/c he'd do Rondo like things and be put on his rear.

Bron fouls others the WRONG way and gets sent to the line for it, which is the point of this thread. If Wade was covered by guys 2" and 35 lbs shorter than him and tossed them aside with forearms or was tyraveling and then bodychecking PF-C's b/c his 265lb frame can take it (instead of slipping in through them and being knocked down by the arns of rthe bigs) it would be another story.

Sigh, some just don't get it

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]Heat by 10. I will remember that one. I guess I will be throwing in for the Lakers, though I am holding out that in 2-3 years LeBrawn might mature up to a 18-19 y/old's level. Until then, as always, I root against the hype-la.
    Posted by Schleprechaun[/QUOTE]
    i must say...the shots at lebron are getting pretty ridiculous

is he an ego-maniac? yes...absolutely...but he has also done a ton of stuff for charities, has never hit or cheated on his girl, never hit his kid or anything

i think off the court, lebron definitely has some issues...referring to himself in the 3rd person is one of them...but did he rape a girl like kobe? nope...did he claim his next contract was needed to feed his kids like spree? nope...has he thrown a dude through a glass window in a restaurant like barkley? nope

basically...just lay off the guy for a little bit...its been 6 months since the decision...find a new whipping boy for a little while, please

GO HEAT!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Jimmy, i am not attacking bron personally, i know you weren't talking to me about that but i started this thread and it is about the bad way he plays the game and the refs that allow it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miami finally loses but James allowed to smash into Chandler and get to line again and again : Ummm that shows me that Pierce now averages 5-6 trips to the line so he used to average 9-10 when he had nobody on his team. wade had shaq and Wade gets called much more fairly then LeBron. He is an excellent slasher who was bange dup for a few years b/c he'd do Rondo like things and be put on his rear. Bron fouls others the WRONG way and gets sent to the line for it, which is the point of this thread. If Wade was covered by guys 2" and 35 lbs shorter than him and tossed them aside with forearms or was tyraveling and then bodychecking PF-C's b/c his 265lb frame can take it (instead of slipping in through them and being knocked down by the arns of rthe bigs) it would be another story. Sigh, some just don't get it
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]
    lebron is a different kind of player than wade and pierce though

lebron has the speed, athleticism, and body type to do what he does and get foul calls...the guy is a tank that moves like a gazelle...it makes calling the game at full speed very difficult for refs that usually older and not in peak shape...

but more often than you would ever admit to, there is a genuine foul made...now if only lebron was a better FT shooter, he might have a ring by now...who knows

but there are examples of this all around...the refs didnt really know how to call games for oscar robertson either...or chamberlin, or shaq...

i feel, for the worse...refs in the NBA need to have their own flow to the game and what your complaining about is a part of that flow...