Miami Heat Powerhouse?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wvuceltic. Show wvuceltic's posts

Miami Heat Powerhouse?

Watching Miami play against the Celtics and now the Bulls has led me to believe that this team could make a serious run at multiple championships in a row. No another team in the NBA can possibly stop LeBron, Wade, and Bosh all on one night. You stop one and the other two kill you. Lebron just seems to be unstoppable period when he wants to be. 

I hate the Heat with a passion and I hate Lebron James, but the man is in a class by himself right now in the NBA. The Celtics are going to have to do something serious to knock the Heat off the top of the Eastern Conference next year. Miami is only going to keep getting better. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Miami Heat Powerhouse?

I think you may be right.

I didnt like Lebrons game for a long time.. Always 1on1, winding down the shot clock.. total hotdog.

His game has changed since about the second half of the season.. The ball is moving alot more and Lebron is picking his spots. I love the way hes playing right now and it takes alot for me to say that about him. 

To me, hes now clearly the best player in the NBA and this is the first time I ever felt this way. Its all how hes playing the game.... the only criticism Id have is all the late game 3's hes taking and fall aways with the shot clock winding down.... but hes hitting them in the playoffs.

Regarding the Heat as a team, what stands out now is their defense. They gave the Celtics problems and have now turned DRose into an average player. The Bulls struggle for a good look most every offensive play in 1/2 court...  

Will be an interesting finals.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm sorry for being a hater but I always try to look at the game within the game.

There is no way you can beat a team that has 2-3 great players when you send them to the FT line 30 times a game AND they are awarded 8-10 block shots a game WITHOUT having a 7'0 footer or a true center. It's impossible!

I know the Heat play good defense but so do the Celtics and Bulls and they've made them look like they have no offense. The Heat get a lot of leeway when it comes to getting calls. LeBron clearly walked on his last jumper...clearly.

I think Dallas can put too many scorers on the floor for Miami to contain.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Miami Heat Powerhouse?:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry for being a hater but I always try to look at the game within the game. There is no way you can beat a team that has 2-3 great players when you send them to the FT line 30 times a game AND they are awarded 8-10 block shots a game WITHOUT having a 7'0 footer or a true center. It's impossible! I know the Heat play good defense but so do the Celtics and Bulls and they've made them look like they have no offense. The Heat get a lot of leeway when it comes to getting calls. LeBron clearly walked on his last jumper...clearly. I think Dallas can put too many scorers on the floor for Miami to contain.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

The free throw discrepancy is always going to exist when you have two elite players on one team.  That is never going to change. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

The idea of chris bosh or any heat big trying to defend Dirk Nowitzki is going to make for a field day. I think the only chance the heat have is of throwing lbj on Dirk and hoping that lebron can consistently get away with fouling Dirk. Nick Collison is playing Dirk as well as anyone ever has, and Dirk is eating his lunch.

Miami is better than I expected them to be. I figured they were mentally fragile, and they've proved me wrong to this point. I want nothing more than to see them fail, but they have a good chance to get the title. I'm hoping that Nowitzki's scoring and ability to find the open man will prevail.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Yes I understand that but when the other team is considered a very good defensive team you have to give them a chance to play defense. If the refs just bail out guys but then don't give the top penetrating guard in the league the same respect it's impossible to win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Yep......the "Jordan Rules"..........they hardly call anything these days......when did the rule book change?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]Yep......the "Jordan Rules"..........they hardly call anything these days......when did the rule book change?
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Would love to see how Lebron would go against the 89/90 Pistons.

As for the Heat? Yes they are potentially going to be the most dominant team for the next several years. However much it pains me to admit it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

RUWorthy, I agree.  As much as it pains me, the Heat look like they are going to be dominant for the forseeable future.  They are the Celtics of 2008 reicarnated but as a younger, more athletic version.

These guys get up and down the court like I haven't seen in awhile.  They have guys who can get their shots any time they want.  When Wade blocked Rose's shot late in the game yesterday, I said to myself "I wish the Celtics had someone who could do that right after hitting a tought, guarded baseline fall away jumper".  These guys are all over the place.

What else can you say when you see a 6'8" 260 pound forward come out to guard (and exceptionally well I might add) the league MVP and literally shut him down?

They are going to be good for awhile.  This will only attract better (than they currently have) veteran minimum guys looking for a ring for seasons to come.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I think Rose was letting Bron off the hook by taking jumpers instead of using his quickness and speed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

If Miami falls short this year then I think they will be even more focussed next year, so I sort of hope that the Heat wins it this year and that maybe they get a bit full of themselves, complacent, and lazy enough for another team to squeeze past them next year.

That said, I'll be rooting hard for Dallas! 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

The Celtics are the only team capable of handling the Heat, talent-wise, and we were knocked off in 5 games. The reason is simple: the Celtics didn't play to their collective ability PLUS injuries.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Bias hate much?

I know everyone hates lebron now (including myself) but give credit to the guy  hes the  best player in the league and has been for a while (see back to back mvp awards) the only difference this season is HE HAS HELP,  with dwade and bosh you cant help on lebron anymore and if you do he is such a great passer he will tear your defense up. Defensively he is the best man to man defender in the league.  
    It sucks to say but it looks like the heat were right to celebrate early they are going to win multiple titles.  NBA is gonna be very predictable, a lot of bulls vs heat eastern conference finals, and a lot of okc  from the west.  All 3 teams have young and controlled talent for the foreseable future.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Dwight Howard could change that if he joins the right team,or teams up with Chris Paul on another team. 

Chris Paul might help the Knicks replace the Bulls.

The West will be wide open,unless Paul or Howard joins the Clippers. I think the Thunder may implode.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i cant believe that any of you had any doubt

and the heat will have the mavs for a quick snack

the mavs dont play defense and that will be their downfall

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miami Heat Powerhouse? : Marion and Kidd play pretty good D.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]
    marion plays ok defense for his size

and kidd is crafty but will struggle to keep guards not named mike bibby in front of him

either way...i see dallas as being doomed

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]Bias hate much?  I know everyone hates lebron now (including myself) but give credit to the guy  hes the  best player in the league and has been for a while (see back to back mvp awards) the only difference this season is HE HAS HELP,  with dwade and bosh you cant help on lebron anymore and if you do he is such a great passer he will tear your defense up. Defensively he is the best man to man defender in the league.   It sucks to say but it looks like the heat were right to celebrate early they are going to win multiple titles.  NBA is gonna be very predictable, a lot of bulls vs heat eastern conference finals, and a lot of okc  from the west.  All 3 teams have young and controlled talent for the foreseable future.
    Posted by gman101019[/QUOTE]

LOL! Yeah I'm really hating this right now. I just don't see how the Heat are probably going to beat the C's & Bulls 8-2 in 10 games. I would've never thunk it.

It looks like coach Riley (oops I mean coach Spo) is saving Z & Dampier to matchup with the Mavs bigs. Spo acts like he's really coaching.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miami Heat Powerhouse? : LOL! Yeah I'm really hating this right now. I just don't see how the Heat are probably going to beat the C's & Bulls 8-2 in 10 games. I would've never thunk it. It looks like coach Riley (oops I mean coach Spo) is saving Z & Dampier to matchup with the Mavs bigs. Spo acts like he's really coaching.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
    are you implying having riley around for advise is detrimental to the team?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miami Heat Powerhouse? : Kidd has dealt with Kobe and Westbrick pretty darn good for an old man. Their overall defense is above average throughout the season and playoffs but their offense is considerably better than the Bulls because they have multiple shooters were the Bulls had zero good jump shooters. They won't be bricking all those 3's the Bulls constantly do on good looks.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]
    kobe has bad knees and shown himself to be a shell of what he once was

westbrook has played marginal at best

dallas will still have to play defense themselves against the heat...and the mavs wont have the advantage of open jumpers like they have now

the heat have contested everything so far in the playoffs

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

Hello guys....

This is a good thread. A lot of good and very well written posts.

As far as the heat they haven't won it this year yet but its ok to dream right?

If we are able to get past the bulls and then go to the finals we are going to have to play shutdown defense since the mavs which looks like they going to go on....have the best offensive firepower so far in the playoffs...

Nothing is easy in the NBA or in any sports....But its sure good to be still alive in the post season.

PS:Much respect to the celtics, their organization and fans.

GO HEAT.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]i cant believe that any of you had any doubt and the heat will have the mavs for a quick snack the mavs dont play defense and that will be their downfall
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

They have one of the best defenses in the league.  They might lose but it won't be because the mavs have a weak defense. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miami Heat Powerhouse? : They have one of the best defenses in the league.  They might lose but it won't be because the mavs have a weak defense. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

I questioned the other day how OKC and DAL were averaging around 100 each and the Bulls and Heat were averaging a lot less (especially when you take out the overtimes) would compete in the finals - would the defense or offense win?

I thought the Bulls would make more of a series of it and I thought that at some point OKC would run out of gas.........  when your owner has no financial limitations you can have a Dirk, Kidd, Terry, Marion, Chandler, and a whole bunch of other guys and when you put that up against the youngest team in the league - there should not be much of a series.

The Heat are improving almost every quarter it seems.  So it appears that the Mavs offense will be tested as will the Heat offense but I think when push comes to shove there are two guys that are 7 feet tall that will eventually carry the Mavs to their first title in team history.

It will be very interesting to see how the new CBA cripples some of these teams like Dallas, Lakers, Cs, etc. that are way over the cap.