Miami Heat....What a Fraud

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Miami Heat....What a Fraud

Like what I said, it's not a given that the Heat will be successful in their first year together. Just because Pierce, Ray, and KG did it in 2008 it doesn't mean that it's automatic for Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

In Response to Re: Miami Heat....What a Fraud:
    [QUOTE]Well, my man, I am not a Heat fan and I want to see them flop since I'm SOOOO tired of the hype they got/get.   However, I'm also honest - Wade does have a good jumpshot and while he's off right now, he scores a lot with that 20 foot J of his......even in last year's playoffs, we killed his team but his 3 pointers kept them close at times. While we can all do some hatin' here, we should also be objective about his jumper.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but Wade is by no means a good 3 point shooter.  He was in a good rhythm and his shots kept going in, but for his career he is not a good 3 pointer shooter.  He is just mediocre.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

[QUOTE]Pronouncement of Miami's demise is premature. It takes time for a team to build chemistry and what you see in November isn't necessarily what you'll see in May and June. Let's not forget here that both Celtic victories over the Heat became nail-biters by the end of the game. Boston almost collapsed in the first game, and only won the second one because of Ray Allen's torrid 3-point shooting. Miami is definitely in a rut right now, but better to struggle in the first month than the last.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but do keep in mind that the last two champions (Celtics and Lakers) started winning right after the pieces were assembled.  When the Big 3 came together in Boston, they started winning from the first game.  When Gasol joined Kobe and Odom in LA, they started winning right away.

Its not like Lebron, Wade and Bosh are rookies and they need time to learn the NBA system.  That Miami team is clearly missing key pieces--PG and big guy with a post game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

the Heat are missing the power of Umbuntu

I think the Heat DO HAVE some interesting bench players

Eddie House
    Mike Miller
    The Big Z
    Haslem
    Mario Chalmers

All their record proves is that our big 3 is one of the greatest shows of all time.
    KG + PP + RA are better than the Miami Fakes

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Ok, Kazmi.....let's call him a mediocre 3 point shooter that hits some big ones at some critical times.   Overall, I'll agree - mediocre in most games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Heat lost to the Mavs again tonight. They can still go 74-8 if they win all their remaining games.

HAHAHA!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Like what I said, it's not a given that the Heat will be successful in their first year together. Just because Pierce, Ray, and KG did it in 2008 it doesn't mean that it's automatic for Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

In Dallas tonight there was a sign that said " The Big 3 Stooges"  with all their mug shots on the poster.   Thought that was quite funny.   I think we should be calling them Showtime 3.   Why did they have to copy us?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]Heat lost to the Mavs again tonight. They can still go 74-8 if they win all their remaining games. HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    Jeff Van Gundy predicted that the Heat would finish 72-10. Vangundy's still got a chance of being right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

How good a weekend have Dallas had? Two good wins.

Terrible Trio is the best nickname I can think of for the Heat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StupidEediot. Show StupidEediot's posts

[QUOTE]Ok, Kazmi.....let's call him a mediocre 3 point shooter that hits some big ones at some critical times.   Overall, I'll agree - mediocre in most games.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

You call yourself 'honest' then say Wade is a 'mediocre' 3 point shooter?

He's at 28.7% for his career and getting worse (25.5% this year).  That is not mediocre, it's bad.  Just .. bad.  32%-33% I'd call mediocre.  36%+ I'd call good. 40%+ I'd call great.

Oh and his free throw percentage is now a career low 70.7%.  He's only passed 80% once so it's not really suprising though.

For a 'complete' guard and 'one of the top 3 players' in the league there sure are things he's bad at.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The Miami Heat have no center, point guard or depth...

It take 6 men to win a ring and they're 3 short...

If I were them I would find a center quick, move Wade back over to the point guard position so he can dominate the ball and distribute and bring Riley down from the luxury box to coach.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

OK.....so I was warned I would run into "StupidEediots" on this board and it appears to be TRUE!   What are you.....a "stupideediot" looking for a fight?   

Kazmi said (and I quote):  "....but he is not a good 3 point shooter.  He is just mediocre."

I then said "ok, I agree".  From that.....you decide that you'll go into a tirade about I'm not honest and I claim he's mediocre?  I agreed with Kazmi.  Get over yourself and find something more relevant to argue about.   

Wade's a great player and while he may have some stats down, you'd be a complete liar if you said you didn't want him on your team.  In crunch time, He's a better scorer than his stats currently show (and yes, he's struggling getting any rhythm with Mr. "I hold the ball forever" Lebron).  

What is the argument here....whether he's mediocre or bad?   Is that really how you want to spend your time??????

Either Go away or spend time on something more relevant (or stop trying to pick a fight about the minor points).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

They just don't fit (yet)...

The Heat are 9 - 8 and 1 - 7 against teams with a winning percentage over 50%. And you know what? It is not the fault of their bench (which is actually playing ok, e.g. J.Jones is over 40% from three point land, Haslem played though until he was injured). It is not because of their PG (he is not allowed to touch the ball anyway). There are IMO two reasons why they are underachieving so far. They have no bigs (especially after Haslem went down) and, more important: The 3 team stars are playing a terrrible season so far. Bosh is not rebounding, especially at the offensive end. LeBron and Wade are about 25% (!) combined from distance and in a very low 40% overall. That is just not enough, plain and simple. At the moment, it is IMO just the Refs (with no calls on travels and offensive fouls) which keep Miami in the game.

Why is that? IMO it is because they do not match together. Bosh isn`t a good defender (like Garnett), isn`t a banger or post up player (like Malone was) and also can't really spread the floor (like Nowitzki). No good match for the two twins.
    Wade is just a smaller Version of LeBron (with the latter a much better defender). Both need the ball all the time in their hands because they are terrible catch-up shooters and bad cutters (don't mix that with slasher (!), both are tremendous slasher).

Don't get me wrong, they still have plenty of raw (physical) talent and some of the best players in creating their own shot. But two of this trio has to adjust their playing style completely. That is much more difficult than just accept lower stats (like Allen, Garnett and Pierce did) and will therefore take much longer.