Might be wise to insert Green in the Starting line up and bring Ray off the bench

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Re: Might be wise to insert Green in the Starting line up and bring Ray off the bench

In Response to Re: Might be wise to insert Green in the Starting line up and bring Ray off the bench:
    [QUOTE]This is absurd! RA isn't coming off the bench. There is no need to make a drastic change to the rotation. Just get the guys in suits on the court.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.  There is nothing wrong with this team that health can't cure, except for Rondo's head (or body that we don't know anything about), which should be on straight by playoff time.  His play, while uninspired right now, is key to the team's chances as everyone knows or at least has to accept at the moment.  I happen to be less concerned because of his intensity and desire to prove his worth in big game situations.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Might be wise to insert Green in the Starting line up and bring Ray off the bench

In Response to Re: Might be wise to insert Green in the Starting line up and bring Ray off the bench:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Might be wise to insert Green in the Starting line up and bring Ray off the bench : Absolutely.  There is nothing wrong with this team that health can't cure, except for Rondo's head (or body that we don't know anything about), which should be on straight by playoff time.  His play, while uninspired right now, is key to the team's chances as everyone knows or at least has to accept at the moment.  I happen to be less concerned because of his intensity and desire to prove his worth in big game situations.
    Posted by painter[/QUOTE]

So youre basically saying we're at his mercy?

Gee, I hope not. I hope its not up to Rondo to decide to turn it in the playoffs on to prove his greatness. Would hope his ego & selfishness wasnt to that point.

But hey, you may be right

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

I don't know about RA off the bench, but it might not be a bad idea to give some rest to the big 3.  Delonte is supposed to be back on Wednesday and with BBD back we are starting to get close to full strength.

I remember back in '08, Doc took advantage of the schedule and was able in consecutive weeks to take RA and PP out one game each.  The schedule had two days off then one game then two days off.  This gave them 5 days off in a row.  If the schedule permits, this might be a good idea.

PA

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]r u guys nuts? no way for ray! ray has an ego. he has achip. did reggie ever come off the bench? even when rebuilding.. did michael jordan? like it or not, unless there are clear injury and health issues, no way for ray! the ego thing matters plus how do u make the argument that its best for the team when clearly the team performs better overall with the big 4 out there! do n ot forget ray has a players option after the season! y would he want to come off the bench? jeff green can and should.  other teams would be glad to make hima starter. how quickly will miami jump all over that one? now AFTER next season if his performance dips or if we do not win it all, we'll see! the big 4 is made for starting... y do you think even at 39 and injury prone, shaq is still going to START over nenad when he returns. i'm sure thats part of the reason they are holding him out right now. that starting 5 becomes the best and most efficient in the league, if not in lleague HISTORY! nenad-baby-green-west-arroyo (less arroyo in playoffs if west os healthy since west is taller and better at BOTH positions esp on DEFENSE) willl make a formidable bench rotation, with murph and sasha on the bench (eventually wafer will replace sasha)... still your last 3 of jo, sasha and bradley is pretty good. depending on the series, those latter 2 may be part of the first 12 guys. ray is also very finickky about his routine. he will be the worse guy to bring off the bench. look, grant hill still wants to start. it matters to guys, plus no way they make all-star team and improve their legacy if they are coming off the bench (ask ginobili). y don't u have pp come off the bench? same reason! unless there is a health issue, forget it. eventually, i do see pp at the 2 and green at the 3 at some point during the 2012 season. i was thinking we would trade ray as we just did with perk but actually your idea may work then as the celts may have actual data that green works better with the starters and that ray breaks down the longer he plays. to get him to 25-30 minutes and to give him a 2 year deal, he may have to agree to that or they will have to trade him or something. danny gets to the point when he must! now though is so not the time for this!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    Your point about Ray`s routine is a good one. Some posters have fallen in love with the new guys and are willing to disrupt the team`s core. RA needs to play less minutes ,but the idea that he should come off the bench is nonsensical

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Might be wise to insert Green in the Starting line up and bring Ray off the bench : So youre basically saying we're at his mercy? Gee, I hope not. I hope its not up to Rondo to decide to turn it in the playoffs on to prove his greatness. Would hope his ego & selfishness wasnt to that point. But hey, you may be right
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

More ignorant Rondo bashing. Everybody around the league seems to appreciate Rondo except the geniuses on this board. Scott Skiles said Rondo was up in Jenning`s shorts from the opening tip yesterday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Might be wise to insert Green in the Starting line up and bring Ray off the bench:
    [QUOTE]Seems Ray is tired.  His shot isn't falling like it was pre-allstar game.  This team is old.  Why not start green at the 3 and shift Pierce over to the 2.  It would allow Pierce to rest a bit as there are less dangerous 2's than 3's in the Eastern conference and he could really man handle many of the 2's. It would also add a little more size which we need right now with Shaq out and Kg looking a little tired. I think Ray off the bench is really his role next year anyway..   Thoughts?
    Posted by celticjay[/QUOTE]

The Cs already have a point guard with p oo p oo in his pants because they traded away his friend, do we really need Ray spoiling his depends on the bench and whining about how he is not the starter anymore.

I believe they are 6 and 2 since the trade and that is a higher winning perecentage than the season's total winning percentage.

A healhty Shaq sends Krstic to the bench.  Then the second unit is Krstic, Davis, Green, West / Arroyo, Murphy and that will enable Doc to really trim the minutes of the Big 3.

With Shaq they are the clear favorites, without Shaq - start working on the golf swing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Dudder,

Right on the money regarding the post trade record.  I think that we can win without Shaq, but it is harder and we'll have to get some favorable matchups. 

We certainly will have a lot of flexibility once we get wounded back on the roster.  Ray on the bench in favor of a bigger lineup served us well at times in
    '08.  As did, Perk on the bench in favor of a smaller line up.  Krstic's ability to score, pass, rebound has been helpful, but Jeff Green's versatility has really been key.

Top 10 guy!

PA