Mike and Tommy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Mike and Tommy

I think most people here realize what a treasure we have in our broadcasting crew.  Mike reminds me of Ned Martin -- calm, thoughtful, appreciative of good plays by both teams -- not the hyperactive screamer who over-calls each play that the networks seem to prefer.  Tommy can drive some people crazy, but he knows basketball, is a good evaluator of players and strategy, and advocates for a style of basketball that the C's only occasionally play nowadays (fast break).  Would anyone rather have Bill Walton?  Or (take your pick) Hubie Brown, Jeff van Gundy, . . . any of the ABC/TNT guys?  We've been really fortunate in Boston with our major sports announcers.

On a related note:  Back in the old days ('60s, '70s) when games weren't on TV much, I continue to recall how good Johnny Most was at describing the game so you got a really good idea of the game from the audio descriptions.  Yes, he was a homer who got more and more out of control over the years -- but I'm amazed at the picture of the league I got growing up, just from the radio.  You knew every player, what he could and couldn't do, and how each team worked.  In retrospect, I find it amazing.

cheers --

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from markp99. Show markp99's posts

Re: Mike and Tommy

Yes, we love mike and Tommy.  Would like to see a few guest appearances by Cousy. 

Yeesh, if they will let Wahlburg on for a Qtr, they should give Cousy some time...

(If DonnyM ever gets the job, I'm going to stop watching)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Mike and Tommy:
    [QUOTE]Yes, we love mike and Tommy.  Would like to see a few guest appearances by Cousy.  Yeesh, if they will let Wahlburg on for a Qtr, they should give Cousy some time... (If DonnyM ever gets the job, I'm going to stop watching)
    Posted by markp99[/QUOTE]

Eventually Tommy and Mike both will retire.  Maybe by that time, they will find someone else to take their place.  Donny would be a good replacement.  I don't understand why you don't like him. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from diane39. Show diane39's posts

Mike and Tommy are the best...if Bill Walton ever gets the job I will stop watching.