Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Re: Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach

In Response to Re: Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach:
    [QUOTE]Only the biggest Lakers homer could view this as good news, although I think every Lakers fan knows that the next coach will be a downgrade I would have gone for Larry Brown: big name who's a defense-first coach who is a little more proven than Mike Brown We shall see.  Nobody thought Doc would be the best coach in the league, either (myself included).  Maybe Mike Brown will come around the same way Doc did
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Mike Brown in 5 years with the cavs only made it to the Finals once and to the ECF twice. Not too shabby for a guy that only had a young Lebron and a lot of scrubs to work with. No-one knows how it will all pan out, but like I have said already, if Brown can do half as well as he did in cleveland with the talent he has in the Lakers, there will be plenty of great times upcoming. Cool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Looks like people are not really excited with this decision...in La la land. Maybe you trolls should go to LA blogs and try to convince your fellow LA fans about this genius of a coaching hire. http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-plaschke-lakers-20110526,0,4797929.column
    Posted by framdude[/QUOTE]

Uhh...that's the opinion of ONE L.A. area sportswriter. And many of us don't side with Plaschke on a lot of subjects. Similar to how many of you don't always agree with the opinions of Ryan, Glasper, Mazz, etc. If they had signed Doc, Popovich, Adelman or Larry Brown, there would've been some who would disagree with that hire. I wanted Adelman, but Mike is experienced enough to keep the Lakers in the hunt for #17...which will happen before you guys hang #18.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach : If you don't believe Celtic fans then how about the people from LA?  Here, take a look. Not only did Mike Brown not seem to be the best available candidate, he didn't even seem to be the best available Brown. http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-plaschke-lakers-20110526,0,4797929.column
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Sybil, read my post above. It applies to your response as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

If the keltics got a new coach it wouldn't even be mentioned on Lakers forums, but here you get over A HUNDRED POSTS when the Lakers just get a new coach. That tell you a lot about the fear you people have of every move the Lakers make. It's almost laughable that the Lakers are mentioned here almost as much as the kelts. And you're always whining about Laker trolls posting here. Heck, you don't even need us to talk about them, you do it for us. Please correct me if fear is not at the core of these posts. YOU'RE ESPECIALLY IN A PANIC ABOUT THE IMPENDING ARRIVAL OF HOWARD IN L.A., huh? And it's gonna happen, it always does for us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

People fear Mike Brown as a coach? Every fan of every team is laughing at this signing. Who are you kidding. What pathetic is Lakers fans creating Welcome Mike Brown Lakers threads in a Celtics forum.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

The Lakers are in transition, and that will continue until they find the next great star.

Brown is strickly short term.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]If the keltics got a new coach it wouldn't even be mentioned on Lakers forums, but here you get over A HUNDRED POSTS when the Lakers just get a new coach. That tell you a lot about the fear you people have of every move the Lakers make. It's almost laughable that the Lakers are mentioned here almost as much as the kelts. And you're always whining about Laker trolls posting here. Heck, you don't even need us to talk about them, you do it for us. Please correct me if fear is not at the core of these posts. YOU'RE ESPECIALLY IN A PANIC ABOUT THE IMPENDING ARRIVAL OF HOWARD IN L.A., huh? And it's gonna happen, it always does for us.
    Posted by lakersavenger[/QUOTE]

This happened?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach : Kobe got exactly what he wanted? HAHAHA!!! The  Lakers  not only pulled a shocker by hiring  Mike Brown  Wednesday to succeed  Phil Jackson , they didn't even consult  Kobe Bryant  before reaching a deal with the former  Cleveland Cavalier  head coach. Read more:  http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2011/05/25/2011-05-25_mike_brown_who_coached_lebron_james_in_cleveland_in_talks_to_be_the_next_coach_o.html#ixzz1NTSHZOvL

Despite what some of you clowns think, Kobe doesn't run the show. He wasn't consulted when they traded for Pau, Trevor Ariza or Ron Artest. He also didn't get his way when he made his trade demands a few years ago. How did THAT work out for him. He's paid to play ball...Mitch is paid to make decisions on the teams future. The Lakers were a great organization LOONNNG before he was traded for, and they'll be a great organization LOONNNG after he's retired. That's the Laker way. If the Celtics can ever maintain a STABLE ownership, they might be able to duplicate the Lakers current success...but that's a BIG "if".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach : Kobe repeatedly endorsed Shaw as the next coach and thats the coach he and the players specifically wanted. Some how your a Lakers fan and don't know this. Now you spin in into he wanted a defensive coach. Nice try. He wanted Shaw as the coach. Period.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

HELLO?!....McFLY!!...KOBE DOESN'T RUN THE LAKERS! That's why the Lakers are successful. They're well run by their management. And you guys have Wyc and Danny.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

This is the one running the Lakers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach : HELLO?!....McFLY!!...KOBE DOESN'T RUN THE LAKERS! That's why the Lakers are successful. They're well run by their management. And you guys have Wyc and Danny.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

What does this have to do with someone claiming Kobe got what he wanted because Mike Brown is a defensive coach? That has nothing do do with what I was talking about McFLY.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]This is the one running the Lakers.
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

Sybil, is that you again?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach : What does this have to do with someone claiming Kobe got what he wanted because Mike Brown is a defensive coach? That has nothing do do with what I was talking about McFLY.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Because, McFly, Kobe's opinion doesn't matter when it comes to the future of the team! You people are the one's who think the management has to consult a paid employee. Oh, and BTW, Kobe DID say they needed a defensive minded coach...which he is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Mike Brown vs. Kobe

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Mike Brown vs. Kobe
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

21st (Sybil?), you seem to have a real fetish for goats.

Can't say I'm surprised.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach : 21st (Sybil?), you seem to have a real fetish for goats. Can't say I'm surprised.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Kobe has a fetish for fishes.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach : EVERYBODY IS FIERCE NOW? HAHAHA!!!

It's become a real challenge figuring out which of your personalities you're using now Sybil. We have to get clues from your postings. Either that or you've got your own "copy cat" Sybil's out there.

So you don't have the goat fetish?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach : Come on, Qdaddy, check out all my posts, since when have I posted a graphic image on this board?

Who knows...maybe you're looking into your "inner self".

I'm just sayin'....

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach : That's what I mean, I ask you to justify your claim and you end up giving me the "who knows" response. 

I mean...your'e the one with MULTIPLE personalities. Do you even know which one is posting at any given time???

23. This post has been removed.