Milicic !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

Milicic !

All the celtics need now was already there.... Milicic !

A good, or at least not bad, big to give size blocks and (some) rebounds.

Bad talent management to let him go....

We should target the same type of guy, names are the usual ones : mozgov etc etc

Why has Orlando found Vucevic in Philadelphia 2012 roster and DA haven't  ? Where has Pekovic come from ?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Re: Milicic !

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to caesarthecat's comment:

We should target the same type of guy, names are the usual ones : mozgov etc etc

Why has Orlando found Vucevic in Philadelphia 2012 roster and DA haven't  ? Where has Pekovic come from ?

Vucevic was the #16 pick of the 2011 Draft. The Celtics were picking #25 that year.

Pekovic was the 31st pick of the 2008 Draft. The Celtics drafted JR Giddens with the 30th pick of that draft. DeAndre Jordan was the 35th pick off that draft also. That was a bad draft for Ainge.

Really bad that year... Ainge thought he knew more than the rest by picking the very average at best JR..... in fact where is he now?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Vucevic was the #16 pick of the 2011 Draft. The Celtics were picking #25 that year.

Pekovic was the 31st pick of the 2008 Draft. The Celtics drafted JR Giddens with the 30th pick of that draft. DeAndre Jordan was the 35th pick off that draft also. That was a bad draft for Ainge.

Really bad that year... Ainge thought he knew more than the rest by picking the very average at best JR..... in fact where is he now?

Every GM thinks he knows more than the rest. Show me one who hasn't made a pick he regrets.  Even Greg Oden was a consensus smart pick at the time.  It is, and will continue to be a crap shoot.  :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Hindsight is 20-20.  Sure, now everybody CLAIMS theye would have taken KD over odem....but that's not what people were saying at the time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

It was Milicic who wanted out due to his mother's ill health and alleged  lack of a role on the team. The Celtics had no choice but to let him go. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to edcap99's comment:

It was Milicic who wanted out due to his mother's ill health and alleged  lack of a role on the team. The Celtics had no choice but to let him go. 

ALLEGED lack of role???!!!  the guy was perfectly decent mediocre big man minute eater at the 5 in the pre season and then doc gave him an ACTUAL ZERO ROLE during the regular season- look at milicic's game log!!??  the guy's been playing pro ball since he was 15 and he's 27- would you want to sit o nthe seat and do nothing for a team that has NOTHING going on in the middle? 

MORE DUMB MOVES BY DOC, 100% allowed to happen by AINGE, the general NON manager

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Just another big run out of town by Doc, just like Krystic and the rest.

Darkos mom was the excuse but the guy knew he was being viewed upon by Doc as a big zero...  oh yea, my sources told me this

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Taking Giddens over DeAndre was a terrible move for Ainge.

Pekovic is a non-issue.

He told all NBA teams that if they drafted him in the 1st rd in the 20's, where he was expected to go, that he would remain in Europe for the duration of the 4-5 year rookie contract the NBA locks you into because he was WELL paid there. The only way he was coming to the league within 1-2 years was if he was picked in the 2nd rd.

The Wolves pick that year was essentially deemed more valuable than the majority of late 1st rd picks... b/c it was the first chance any team had to get Pekovic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from geneb81. Show geneb81's posts

I suppose its not February yet, so that Ainge is still looking to steal someone. Are the owners keeping him from spending any more $$$? Wouldn't being able to play deep into theplayoffs compensate fianancially for spending some extra bucks now?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

The Celtics are subject to a hard salary cap and have very little room to add salary (around $2M-$3M but I'm sure some of the guys who track this can be more specific). This amount would allow them to make role player type additions, such as KMart, who apparently the Celtics don't want. Therefore, to really change the lineup, they would essentially need to match total salaries in a trade.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Darkos mom was the excuse but the guy knew he was being viewed upon by Doc as a big zero...  oh yea, my sources told me this

I agree. What good would it do to trade for a Gortat, or Mozcov would they be treated any different? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

Hindsight is 20-20.  Sure, now everybody CLAIMS theye would have taken KD over odem....but that's not what people were saying at the time.

I know I would have and stated so at the time.  I believe DA was also a big KD supporter.  The  pressure may have made him draft Oden but I believe he also wan't KD.  It took about 2 games of watching KD in college for me to make my choice.  Big men come along only so often, players like KD only come every 10 years or so as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

yep, give doc lemonade and he can make just lemon rinds out of it

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Krystic signed for more in his native country than any NBA team would've. Wallace quit on us and now the licks soon as his contract was gauranteed. Perkins is a 4pt 6 pt 1 blck @ 10 million,Erdan is back in Turkey. Hollins tearing it up @ 2&2,Collins has similar stats and can actually spell defence,Mikki Moore not in NBA so what great big man did Doc ruinthat is flourishing somewhere else again?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Krystic signed for more in his native country than any NBA team would've. Wallace quit on us and now the licks soon as his contract was gauranteed. Perkins is a 4pt 6 pt 1 blck @ 10 million,Erdan is back in Turkey. Hollins tearing it up @ 2&2,Collins has similar stats and can actually spell defence,Mikki Moore not in NBA so what great big man did Doc ruinthat is flourishing somewhere else again?

Who said great big man? Try not to make up stuff to make your point, if possible.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Oh and Darko went to take care of his mother.He looked mediocre playing against 3rd string preseason players now mostly Dleaguers. Before you ask Kenyon Martins knees are as bad as mine and I'm in my mid 50s after 4 knee ops, 3 bulged discs and a torn labrum in my right hip I could take him off the dribble.  Let's see Eddie Curry, he says he can be an all star. Maybe Tree Rollins is available and didn't Ewing go to HS at Cambridge he mayube available. There is a guy from greece maybe available I think his name is Methusala.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I didn't say great either but I didn't say "ran out of town either"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

You didnt say great?