Misconceptions. Clippers Don't Need Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Misconceptions. Clippers Don't Need Boston

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Dear Loser,

Excuse me, but I didn't realize that you are so close to "every team in the NBA" and you apparently know what they think!!  

Not only that, but you can also project out into the future and let us all know that without Garnett and Doc the Clippers will not be able to get any quality FA...  

but despite your amazing crystal ball and babling BS, just because the Clippers decided not to trade with the Celtics, doesn't mean that they won't add another high caliber player or two on the roster for NEXT season via trade or FA and compete for a championship.

So to recap, its funny that you, who can predict the future, didn't see that it is actually YOU who is the IDIOT!  

Signed,

Go Bruins

Dunker,

I don't disagree with you on the Clips still having assets to give CP3 another headliner to go along with Griffin.

However, I completely disagree that when it comes to JUST upgrading the C position from Jordan, LA will NOT find a better deal out there than KG for Jordan and a late #1 pick. To think ONE first rd pick kept them from doing that AND getting Doc (and possibly Pierce down the road) it is stunning IMO how incompetant Sterling is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

[QUOTE]

Dear Loser,

Excuse me, but I didn't realize that you are so close to "every team in the NBA" and you apparently know what they think!!  

Not only that, but you can also project out into the future and let us all know that without Garnett and Doc the Clippers will not be able to get any quality FA...  

but despite your amazing crystal ball and babling BS, just because the Clippers decided not to trade with the Celtics, doesn't mean that they won't add another high caliber player or two on the roster for NEXT season via trade or FA and compete for a championship.

So to recap, its funny that you, who can predict the future, didn't see that it is actually YOU who is the IDIOT!  

Signed,

Go Bruins

I didn't realize you were so close to the clippers that you are aware of their current relationship with Chris Paul. 

[/QUOTE]

Maybe iF you read the hoops newswires (hoopshype is a start) you could also educate yourself.  I have copied them on other posts here... According to Clips team sources, they have been in constant contact with CP3 he has ben involved in their search for a new coach (Shaw and Scott as finalists) and is perfectluy fine without Doc (or Garnett).   Don't be another dupe and blindly regurgetate the speculation and baseles assumptions that some of the posters contribute on here.  Do your research and then think with your brain not your emotions and blind bias that everything the Celtics do is correct.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Dear Loser,

Signed,

Go Bruins

I didn't realize you were so close to the clippers that you are aware of their current relationship with Chris Paul. 

[/QUOTE]

Maybe iF you read the hoops newswires (hoopshype is a start) you could also educate yourself.  I have copied them on other posts here... According to Clips team sources, they have been in constant contact with CP3 he has ben involved in their search for a new coach (Shaw and Scott as finalists) and is perfectluy fine without Doc (or Garnett).   Don't be another dupe and blindly regurgetate the speculation and baseles assumptions that some of the posters contribute on here.  Do your research and then think with your brain not your emotions and blind bias that everything the Celtics do is correct.

[/QUOTE]

And maybe if you took a look at contracts around the league and thought about stage of career you'd realize there is no better big man than KG for Jordan. Educate yourself please. 

Also don't assume just because you read it there it is true. the clips have a vested interest in looking like things are okay so they maintain some negotating power. 

It's funny how you bleeive those sources but think the others are speculating wildly. All I can say is thank god you are not in charge as we would be ruined. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

First, many on here are assuming that CP3 will leave the Clips if Doc doesn't sign.  That is pure speculation and probably innacurrate.  I'm sure the Clips know what CP3 prefers and he may be pulling for Brian Shaw for all we know.  

CP3 prefers to be with KG and Doc... duh:

With a full understanding that free agent Chris Paul wants this deal completed, the Los Angeles Clippers re-engaged the Boston Celtics on the Kevin Garnett-Doc Rivers negotiations on Wednesday afternoon, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Second, the Celtics aren't the only team that the Clips can pursue with Jordan, Butler and maybe even Bledsoe for the right deal.  I'm sure they would prefer a C/PF who has younger legs than Garnett.

There are no C's who bring what KG does available for Jordan and one first rd pick. 99% sure of this. i asked you for some names of other bigs and got crickets dunker. Remember, Bledsoe/Butler were being saved for a SEPERATE deal. Who are they going to get better than KG for Jordan/#1??? Yeesh.

Third, Garnett for Jordan straight up is a fair deal, maybe better for the Celts, since Garnett only has one year left in his career and Jordan is a young, serviceable starter and still has some upside. Doc IS NOT worth 2 first round picks.  

100% wrong. Jordan is only better if he were signed well past KG's retirement year of 2015 at 3-4 million less than he is now. KG is a BETTER PLAYER for the 2 years Jordan has left on his deal. Doc is EASILY worth 1 pick, and since KG is worth Jordan and a 1st all by himself, that is why the deal wasn't done.  

BTW - Danny won't terminate Doc and eat his contract.  Doc will need to return but if he walks, the contract is invalidaded and the Celts are not responsible for his remaining $21M.  Either way Danny wins.

I guess. But there will be uncomfortable issues to handle, egg on everyone's face and it looks like Doc  still wants out bad and the CP3 still want him and KG bad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Uhm... Looks like they do need Boston after all. 

"I would say Rondo is the best all-around point guard we have in the league.” -Magic Johnson

"That kid, is unbelievable." -Larry Bird On Rajon Rondo.

"“He is the whole package” - Bob Cousey on Rondo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

"I would say Rondo is the best all-around point guard we have in the league.” -Magic Johnson

"“He is the whole package” - Bob Cousy on Rondo

Yup, haha.

Only someone (dunker) who incorrectly feels Jordan by himself is equal value for KG, a HOFer who is currently still a vastly superior player on the court than him, would believe the 'rumor' that CP3 was ok with this. We all felt the C's were getting too little for KG/Doc in Jordan and TWO firsts, before being stunned that Sterling idiotically held his ground at one first.

Paul obviously let it sink in for 36 hours then thought.... wait.... a 1st rd pick in the 20's is keeping me from KG, Doc and maybe even Pierce down the road... WHAT?!?!?!

P.S. I fixed the spelling of Cousy in your signature, and the Rondo love is nice, but if the c's can get a top 7 lotto pick for him in this draft they should pull the trigger on that as well

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

"“He is the whole package” - Bob Cousy on Rondo

Yup, haha.

Only someone (dunker) who incorrectly feels Jordan by himself is equal value for KG, a HOFer who is currently still a vastly superior player on the court than him, would believe the 'rumor' that CP3 was ok with this. We all felt the C's were getting too little for KG/Doc in Jordan and TWO firsts, before being stunned that Sterling idiotically held his ground at one first.

Paul obviously let it sink in for 36 hours then thought.... wait.... a 1st rd pick in the 20's is keeping me from KG, Doc and maybe even Pierce down the road... WHAT?!?!?!

P.S. I fixed the spelling of Cousy in your signature, and the Rondo love is nice, but if the c's can get a top 7 lotto pick for him in this draft they should pull the trigger on that as well

I wouldn't do it for a top 7 pick. Not in a draft this light, but that's me.  I think he is worth holding on to. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

ElFunker started this thread, gloated about Misconceptions and how the Clipperz didn't need Boston. Now ElFunker is hiding, eating his words and the insults he propagated around the board...yes ElFunker, Clips do need Boston and by the way according to the sources, the requests came from CP3.