mock drafts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

mock drafts

Any interesting mocks on what we can get with the 25th pick?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheraz110. Show sheraz110's posts

Re: mock drafts

Did we not get Clippers pick this year as well? or is it for next year?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

top 10 protected....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

look, lets face facts. at 25, Celts are not getting anyone who can help the team, and with Doc and the old boys back, they are not going to waste time developing a player during games. this team will be too old to practice much, making a very young player the most likely pick, a la Bradley. The hope being that before the end of his rookie contract, the guy can show enough in summer league and preseason to impress.  Or they will pick one of the foreign guys, allowing him to stay in Europe to further develop.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

rkarp, not saying you're wrong about potential slim pickings at 25, but let's not forget that DA found Tony Allen, Rondo, Delonte West, BBD, Powe, Erden, Bill Walker and Perk.  All of those guys were picked in the 20's by DA or acquired via trade after being picked pretty low in the draft, and some were picked in the second round. 

DA may have may some questionable trades and FA signings, but the draft is cleary his strongest suit. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: mock drafts:
    [QUOTE]rkarp, not saying you're wrong about potential slim pickings at 25, but let's not forget that DA found Tony Allen, Rondo, Delonte West, BBD, Powe, Erden, Bill Walker and Perk.  All of those guys were picked in the 20's by DA or acquired via trade after being picked pretty low in the draft, and some were picked in the second round.  DA may have may some questionable trades and FA signings, but the draft is cleary his strongest suit. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

I made a list of about 20 players yesterday that were drafted after Danny made his selections over the last 6 or so years and just about evey player I listed was better than everyone you listed.

The draft is absolutely not one of Danny's strongest suits.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to mock drafts:
    [QUOTE]Any interesting mocks on what we can get with the 25th pick?
    Posted by adam4522[/QUOTE]

www.nbadraft.net

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: mock drafts : I made a list of about 20 players yesterday that were drafted after Danny made his selections over the last 6 or so years and just about evey player I listed was better than everyone you listed. The draft is absolutely not one of Danny's strongest suits.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

The other poster's point was that there aren't contributors to be found picking at 25.  If you're saying that all of the above players are/were not contributors you are wrong.  And I'm sure your list is somewhat subjective, not to mention that a lot of other teams bypassed pretty good players like Kevin Martin, DeAndre Jordan, Varejao, Leandro Barbosa, Josh Howard and the other examples you probably dug up.  Doesn't mean they fit here on the roster given the construct of the team at that time, and saying they are better picks is completely hindsight. 

The bottom line is that guys like Rondo, Perk, and Tony Allen had a huge part in winning here. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: mock drafts : The other poster's point was that there aren't contributors to be found picking at 25.  If you're saying that all of the above players are/were not contributors you are wrong.  And I'm sure your list is somewhat subjective. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

One of my very first posts on this board several years ago was when the Cs were getting ready to go out on a 5 game road trip and they were all young - Big Al, Perk, Allen, West, etc.  and people were talking about how many they could win on the trip and how we would find out what they are made of on the trip and blah blah blah and my post was basically..... I hope they lose all 5 games and was lambasted.........

My reason was simple, they had nowhere enough talent to ever compete with that group and by losing as much as possible, they actually win - in the lottery.

So, to your point, of course there are no contributors at 25 - how much of a surprise is that?  They have been drafting 25th for years and never get any real contributors or what I would call blue chip or legit talent, you get tweeners, scorers that can't defend, defenders that can't score, projects, blah blah blah... however on this board those picks are referred to as the steals of the draft and the sleepers blah blah blah...

Of course my list is somewhat subjective - Boris Diaw, Varejao, D Jordan, David Lee, Monta Ellis, Louis Williams, Andrey Blatche, Gortat, Aaron Gray, Ramon Sessions, Mario Chalmers, Omar Asik, Marc Gasol..... need I go on?  Danny has missed as often as he has hit. 

What is amazing to me is that year after year seeing that drafting 25th yields nothing we see threads about how the BIG they draft at 25th will replace Shaq and other such nonsense...... there is a reason they are drafted 25th - they are projects with not only a lot to learn but usually lack athleticism, etc.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

My point wasn't that there are no contributors at 25 -- quite the opposite. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I think you can make the case for any gm picking at 25.either way...those players named were not picked by any specific  individual gm or team, and some have been traded since.
    You would have to compare gms picks at 25 to the celtics picks..at 25..apples to apples..to make a legitimate statistical comparison. or you can compare the mean difference...
    you cant just name a bunch of players that have had some success and say , look at all these players that Danny missed. and conclude that he is not good at picking in the draft. you can compare by teams, gms, or west vs east...
    ..they were not all  picked, say by the lakers specifically, to make the case that the lakers have better success at picking at 25 than does Danny. hmm.( I might just do that)
    so in reality there are some gems, but the odds are against you..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]I think you can make the case for any gm picking at 25.either way...those players named were not picked by any specific  individual gm or team, and some have been traded since. You would have to compare gms picks at 25 to the celtics picks..at 25..apples to apples..to make a legitimate statistical comparison. or you can compare the mean difference... you cant just name a bunch of players that have had some success and say , look at all these players that Danny missed. and conclude that he is not good at picking in the draft. you can compare by teams, gms, or west vs east... ..they were not all  picked, say by the lakers specifically, to make the case that the lakers have better success at picking at 25 than does Danny. hmm.( I might just do that) so in reality there are some gems, but the odds are against you..
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

I could almost buy that... but I listed players that were available when Danny picked and in many cases he picked a lesser player so it has nothing to do with a GM picking 25th vs. another GM picking 25th... how about when a GM picks 25th and another GM picks 28th and gets twice the player?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I see the Celts trading down and picking Jon Leuer.  That is if he continues to be projected 2nd round material.  I have seen him play and despite mock draft reservations, he will be an excellent pick.

The Celts may not pick in the first round this year.