More Jeff Green, More Picks and screens, BBD has been terrible!! More energy!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

More Jeff Green, More Picks and screens, BBD has been terrible!! More energy!!!

Overall, the celtics gave this one away and their lack of execution and energy in the 4th allowed the Heat to steal this game.   That is a shame.   Did they think the heat were just going to give up?   KG was ice cold, so he should have been setting screens and picks and focusing on rebounds.     We better change our slow tune before game 5.   It's going to be tough!!! 

Over all PP played well.   Rondo was a warrior!!! I think BBD killed us this series and Doc's blind faith in him.   Not that I would want to see Kristic out there.   Why doesn't Jeff Green play more?    I am not a huge fan of green but if you give up Perk, one of our starters, and go down this road, then go with it.    Green is fast.   Sometimes he drives me crazy when he can't catch a pass or when he plays poor defense.  However, last night I thought his D was pretty good and he should have played more.  Instead DOC kept ice cold slow Big Baby dumb dumb in there.    KG was ice cold but Miami D played him hard.   Rondo missed a layup right at the end of regulation that hurt us.  Also, PP played well but made to many passed at the end of reg instead of scoring.  He would drive and pass. One pass was to D west and it was a good pass.  The other he could have scored but tried to make heroic pass in traffic (terrible odds) and it was a key turnover.   KG tried to be a hero on D (which ended up being a huge liability) to compensate for his ice cold shooting.  He left bosh and tried to cover bron one on one which resulted in a bosh tip of LBJ's missed shot.  Bosh covered by little ray allen.   Stupid!!!  D west has played great this series.

I'd like the challenge of being the underdog trying to come back and win in Miami!

Go Celtics!!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: More Jeff Green, More Picks and screens, BBD has been terrible!! More energy!!!

You ask why doesn't Jeff Green play more. I think one would need a very talented psychologist to analyze that decision, not a basketball fan or analyst.  But at least Baby isn't afraid to play hard and get knocked around; so I'll pass on scapegoating him individually.  It appears that Kristic was exiled for having the audacity to get offensive rebounds (Doc would probably bench Paul Silas in his prime -- too many offensive rebounds, not our system).  This no offensive rebounds thing, presumably so the team can get back on defense is BS; I've seen Kevin ball watching from 8-10 feet away from the cylinar as Paul or Ray shoots and then run back on defense -- he should be going for the rebound, like Rondo does; it's another excuse not to get dirty in the paint, which is why the Celtics have been losing so many close games all year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: More Jeff Green, More Picks and screens, BBD has been terrible!! More energy!!!

1-10.  That's all you need to know.  KG was 1-10.  Kind of hard to win with KG going 1-10, with anybody going 1-10.

How's this for a play?  KG gets pushed off his spot.  O'Neal (pick one) sets a pick for KG who moves to his spot on the other side of the lane. 

Or KG get's pushed off the block.  He loops around 2 picks and goes right back to his post up spot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

In Response to Re: More Jeff Green, More Picks and screens, BBD has been terrible!! More energy!!!:
    [QUOTE]You ask why doesn't Jeff Green play more. I think one would need a very talented psychologist to analyze that decision, not a basketball fan or analyst.  But at least Baby isn't afraid to play hard and get knocked around; so I'll pass on scapegoating him individually.  It appears that Kristic was exiled for having the audacity to get offensive rebounds (Doc would probably bench Paul Silas in his prime -- too many offensive rebounds, not our system).  This no offensive rebounds thing, presumably so the team can get back on defense is BS; I've seen Kevin ball watching from 8-10 feet away from the cylinar as Paul or Ray shoots and then run back on defense -- he should be going for the rebound, like Rondo does; it's another excuse not to get dirty in the paint, which is why the Celtics have been losing so many close games all year.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Big Baby has hit the Peter Principle with his game, he has been a great contributor, now becoming a liability. Green deserves the chance to play 25 minutes or start in place of KG at this point. He is underrated and this team has dug a big hole. Inject youth...