More JON, Less Big Baby

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Re: More JON, Less Big Baby

Point may be that with JO on the court when we were up eleven(and never called a timeout until we were losing) and the Knicks went small, we could have gone big forcing either Melo or Walker to guard KG.  This would have allowed us to play over the top of them.  Allowed KG to do the doubles on Melo and still given us a credible presence in the paint.

In my opinion we could have extended the lead and got the Knicks to throw in the towel!!!

PA

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IanJB. Show IanJB's posts

I agree with your post, but disagree as to why. Baby doesn't play well every game, we know to expect that. However, he knows the palybook,h e knows the defense, and he knows when he needs to step up. Lastly, he is more important in series going forward than he is in this one.

JON needs more playing time with the starters. He needs to learn when to say something to KG and what that un-intelligble bark coming from the weak side means. He needs to get better legs under him so he can run with the Heats and Bulls of the world.  He needs to find the offensive set where he can get to his little jump-shot-spot. Now is the time to get these minutes in, against a weak Knicks squad where he is the better defender against Amare anyway. JON has been playing great, 100X better than I expected this soon off injury, but he needs as much expierence as possible with our sets for him to be effective against Anthony, Boozer, Noah and beyond. Just pray he doesn't re-aggravate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In the playoffs, JON doesnt need time on the court to LEARN the system... he needs time on the court to perform.

This is no time to learn while both games against the Knicks have been decided in the final seconds. He either is good enough to be used to get the job done or not.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

JON is playing well now.  Not sure if Doc is keeping his minutes low for a reason or he really thinks Davis is better for the team right now.  Davis has been steady all year and JON hasn't been there but is playing well now.  The bigger problem is the second team in genereral.  They arent helping the starters at all right now.  They give the team no energy off the bench.  Last night the second unit blew a 10 point lead in less than 2 minutes..It was pitiful.  I was pissed the rest of the game.  If I were coaching the team now I would run that second unit to death to wake them up.  If they can't come out and play with a sense of urgency in the playoffs then why are they there?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

They said that they are limiting his minutes. They will need him more in the next round if they get there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: More JON, Less Big Baby:
    [QUOTE]Wow Aciemvp. Your trying to use stats. How about Baby's sequence in the first quarter of literally getting in the game. Fouling Amare for 2 FT's, Goatending causing and and 1, an actual and 1 and and another layup in 3 1/2 minutes while the Celtics scored a whopping 5 points in 4 minutes trying to give his sorry butt the ball in the post. He was a layup drill the whole game. He got beat on back door cuts so many times it was laughable.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

you're right.  get davis out of there.  he's awful.  go with a straight jerlame-murph rotation at the 5.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

would have liked to see more JON down the stretch as well. maybe he could have gotten a rebound or two that no one else could seem to grab.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

[QUOTE]Baby was hustling out there, he was assigned to double Melo. JO is not fast enough to do what Baby did. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    baby was definitely doing stuff that JO couldnt do due to speed...i would have rather seen JO in there...but i was impressed by davis with his hustle!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: More JON, Less Big Baby : baby was definitely doing stuff that JO couldnt do due to speed...i would have rather seen JO in there...but i was impressed by davis with his hustle!
    Posted by allen2034[/QUOTE]

well seeing as you can't will JO to have good mobility again, would you rather have had melo score 50-52 and NY win?  you can't have it both ways.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: More JON, Less Big Baby : well seeing as you can't will JO to have good mobility again, would you rather have had melo score 50-52 and NY win?  you can't have it both ways.....
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]
    which is exactly what i said about JO couldnt have done what baby was doing...i would have still rather seen JO in there for REBOUNDING reasons...but melo would have lit up pierce...so i was happy baby stayed in there...just glad we got the win hell i could have cared less if kristic was in there(knowing how horrible he plays defense) as long as we got the win

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Glen and JO are doing a good job and we need both of them, they are bringing the toughness this teams needs.  Go Baby.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Baby was hustling out there, he was assigned to double Melo. JO is not fast enough to do what Baby did. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Well obviously Baby wasn't fast enough either.  A article today said something by Doc that Baby was a better option against the smaller Knicks.  Why do we react to them?   Why not keep JO in and maybe get some rebounds, play better defense and make them react to us?  JO has shown he could play 37 minutes.  Well in my opinion we need him to play at least 30 a nite if fouls permit.  Baby is getting abused by bigger and quicker players right now.  I like Baby a lot but he is not playing like he did a month or so ago.

15. This post has been removed.