Mr Big Shot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Mr Big Shot

I never wanted him to do well against us but I love watching him play. He just has that it, that makes the differnce when it is needed. He was only a throw in for the Knicks but he has been the reason they are meshing so fast. Just when the Magic started to come back he hits a big 3. Wish we never gave up on him so quickly. Pitino had no clue about evaluating talent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: Mr Big Shot

The man is so underrated it ain't even funny. I told my Uncle, who is a huge N.Y. fan, that he is the Key. You notice that many of the "experts" leave him out when talking about the best of his posistion. Those chumps don't know what a true B.Ball warrior is. And the dude just does his job above and beyond.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I was thinking thas was going to be about RAY ALLEN!!!!!  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

In Response to Re: Mr Big Shot:
    [QUOTE]The man is so underrated it ain't even funny. I told my Uncle, who is a huge N.Y. fan, that he is the Key. You notice that many of the "experts" leave him out when talking about the best of his posistion. Those chumps don't know what a true B.Ball warrior is. And the dude just does his job above and beyond.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

Th same Pitino who gave him away signed Raef Lafrenz to that huge contract that held us back

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]I was thinking thas was going to be about RAY ALLEN!!!!!  
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
    The same can be said about OUR True B.Ball warrior. Ray Allen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Knicks' Mr. Big Shot scores 30 and his team ends up losing. Our Mr. Big Shot Ray scores 25 and the Celtics end up winning. It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Our team has more Mr. Big Shots than their team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Ray versus Billups.  Billups is a point guard and a multi-faceted one.  Ray is the greatest three point shooter in the game's history.  I'll take Ray.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

You guys don't have a clue.

The so-called "Mr. Big Shot", Chauncey Billups, in the 5 1/2 year period that ended a year ago, shot 6-37 (16%) in game-winning shot situations.  He had by far the lowest average of made shots of anybody with more than six game winning shots in that period.

Ray Allen was far better, hitting 15 of his 39 attempts 39%.  Taking into account FTs made and attempted, assists and turnovers, in addition to shots made and attempted, Ray did slightly better - he was successful in 18 of 45 game-winning situations for an average of 40%. 

Lebron did a little better than Ray - he was successful in 30 of 70 such situations for an average of 43%.  He also had the largest number of game-winning shots - 17, but shot only 34%.

We all know what a truly great clutch player Kobe Bryant is, right?  Oops.  Maybe not.  Kobe shot 14 for 56 (25%)!!  He also had ONE assist in 69 game-winning situations to go along with the largest number of turnovers - 5.

The most successful NBA player in game-winning situations was ......................(drum roll).................... Paul Pierce!!  

Paul only shot 11-32 (32%), but taking into account free throws made and attempted, assists and turnovers, and FGs made and attempted, Paul was successful in 27 of 52 game winning situations - a success rate of 52%!!  Better than anyone else in the NBA with at least eight game winning shots.

Paul had a league-leading 9 assists in those game-winning situations.  (The next highest number of assists was six.)  He committed only 3 turnovers. 

Remember when people on this board were criticizing Paul for being "a turn-over machine" in the clutch.  They were wrong.  (I think they were the same people who are now criticizing Rondo for all the supposed flaws in his game - most of which are no longer true or were never true.)

[My thanks to Comcon for alerting me to the UPDATED "game winning shots" data on 82games.com.]

Mr. Clutch - Paul Pierce!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

For me , not met to be a Allen Vs. Billups. My point is how underrated Billups is. Alot more than stats when running a team. Different posistions, different players. Billups, in my opinion, doesn't get his dues.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

JerryCole stats are fine to a point but then you have to watch some games. My eyes tell me Billups still has something in the tank and will make a difference for New York. My eyes tell me he has some clutch gene, part of that is helped by his ridiculous free throw percentage (you might want to check those stats and recall that late game free throws matter!), something you did not mention which is hugely important in late game situations. If Rondo could shoot free throws like Billups in the clutch he'd be sensational.

But as for crying about Pitino not sticking with Billups, it's time to move on from that. Would Billups have a ring now if Pitino had stuck with them? Let that one go. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]JerryCole stats are fine to a point but then you have to watch some games. My eyes tell me Billups still has something in the tank and will make a difference for New York. My eyes tell me he has some clutch gene, part of that is helped by his ridiculous free throw percentage (you might want to check those stats and recall that late game free throws matter!), something you did not mention which is hugely important in late game situations. If Rondo could shoot free throws like Billups in the clutch he'd be sensational. But as for crying about Pitino not sticking with Billups, it's time to move on from that. Would Billups have a ring now if Pitino had stuck with them? Let that one go. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]
    Agree on movin on. Were all experts when judging talent.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

I would have to agree, Billups (the real Mr. Big Shot) is highly underrated as a player.  He was the key to Detroit when there and since he left Detroit has not been the same!!!

Question people, do you guys think Billups would play a better SG than Ray Allen playing a PG?

Ray Allen is the greatest shooter in the game, period!!!!

GO C's!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Actually, Troll Spanker, I referred to FTs made and missed several times in my "no clue" post.  For instance, FTs and assists are a big part of what has made Paul Pierce the NBA's best in game-winning situations.

Including his FTs made and missed, as well as his assists and turn-overs, Chauncey does a little better, but nothing that would justify his nickname.  Where Paul is successful 52% of the time, Billups is successful only 39% of the tiime (exactly the same as Ray!) but far behind Paul and another 10 or so players who are not quite 50% successful.

In this case, stats are more than helpful.  They are definitive.  No player who hits only 16% of his game-winning shot attempts deserves to be called Mr. Big Shot.  Nothing you or any other Billups fans have said can contradict that statement.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Stiorevo, perhaps you missed my first post in this thread.  In it, I point out that Chauncey has hit only 16% of his game winning shot attempts.  

If you stand by your "the real Mr. Big Shot" statement, how about providing at least a modicum of evidence that Billups deserves the title.  There are players who hit almost 50% of their game-winning shot attempts.  That's THREE TIMES better than Chauncey.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Do any of you realize that we can't have everyone that comes available on our team.
    Billups would be great on the Celts but of course it could not happen.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]You guys don't have a clue. The so-called "Mr. Big Shot", Chauncey Billups, in the 5 1/2 year period that ended a year ago, shot 6-37 (16%) in game-winning shot situations.  He had by far the lowest average of made shots of anybody with more than six game winning shots in that period. Ray Allen was far better, hitting 15 of his 39 attempts 39%.  Taking into account FTs made and attempted, assists and turnovers, in addition to shots made and attempted, Ray did slightly better - he was successful in 18 of 45 game-winning situations for an average of 40%.  Lebron did a little better than Ray - he was successful in 30 of 70 such situations for an average of 43%.  He also had the largest number of game-winning shots - 17, but shot only 34%. We all know what a truly great clutch player Kobe Bryant is, right?  Oops.  Maybe not.  Kobe shot 14 for 56 (25%)!!  He also had ONE assist in 69 game-winning situations to go along with the largest number of turnovers - 5. The most successful NBA player in game-winning situations was ......................(drum roll).................... Paul Pierce!!   Paul only shot 11-32 (32%), but taking into account free throws made and attempted, assists and turnovers, and FGs made and attempted, Paul was successful in 27 of 52 game winning situations - a success rate of 52%!!  Better than anyone else in the NBA with at least eight game winning shots. Paul had a league-leading 9 assists in those game-winning situations.  (The next highest number of assists was six.)  He committed only 3 turnovers.  Remember when people on this board were criticizing Paul for being "a turn-over machine" in the clutch.  They were wrong.  (I think they were the same people who are now criticizing Rondo for all the supposed flaws in his game - most of which are no longer true or were never true.) [My thanks to Comcon for alerting me to the UPDATED "game winning shots" data on 82games.com.] Mr. Clutch - Paul Pierce!!
    Posted by jerrycole[/QUOTE]

You tell em who Mr. Clutch is .