Multi-trade to win now scenerio

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Multi-trade to win now scenerio

Since you all LOVE my trade ideas ...

If possible, I would do this:

a) [Asik] + [Houston 2014 1st] for [Jeff Green]

b) [Aldridge] for [Celtics 2014 1st] + [Jared Sullinger] + [Kris Humphries (exp)] + [(pot) future 1st round pick, possibly Clippers 2015]

c) [Gordon Hayward] for [Marshon Brooks] + [Nets or Rockets 1st round pick] + [Bogans (exp)]

d) Potentially trade Bass &/or Lee for expiring contracts &/or 2nd round picks (for more cap space)

Compete in 2014-15 with
    Rondo / Crawford / Pressey
    Bradley / Lee
    Hayward / Wallace
    Aldridge / Olynyk / Bass
    Asik / Favarani

Thats two all-stars (Rondo&Aldridge) to anchor your offense along with potentially three fringe all-stars (Bradley, Hayward, Asik). Aldridge could destroy PFs in our conference playing alongside a true Center for once. Bradley, Asik, Wallace, Bass are all excellent defenders and can be part of our defensive core/identity. Olynyk is allowed time to develop in the PF position behind Aldridge. Hayward is the outside shooter who can stretch the floor for Aldridge & Asik

• You can go super-big with: Rondo, Hayward, KO, Aldridge, Asik. 
    • You can go super-small with: Rondo Bradley, Hayward, Wallace, Aldridge
    • You could have a bench of: Crawford, Lee, Wallace, Olynyk, Favarani.

Obviously this requires the Celtics to skip the "ultra-deep" 2014 draft, but its better for the Celtics to win now. The Celtics must build around Rondo while he's in his prime. Danny ALREADY HAS the future assets to remain competitive with the Brooklyn & Clippers additional picks and our own. This allows the Celtics to become competitve next year without selling our future. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: Multi-trade to win now scenerio

Nice idea, but I don't think those teams will take it. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Since you all LOVE my trade ideas ...

If possible, I would do this:

a) [Asik] + [Houston 2014 1st] for [Jeff Green]

b) [Aldridge] for [Celtics 2014 1st] + [Jared Sullinger] + [Kris Humphries (exp)] + [(pot) future 1st round pick, possibly Clippers 2015]

c) [Gordon Hayward] for [Marshon Brooks] + [Nets or Rockets 1st round pick] + [Bogans (exp)]

d) Potentially trade Bass &/or Lee for expiring contracts &/or 2nd round picks (for more cap space)

Compete in 2014-15 with
    Rondo / Crawford / Pressey
    Bradley / Lee
    Hayward / Wallace
    Aldridge / Olynyk / Bass
    Asik / Favarani

Thats two all-stars (Rondo&Aldridge) to anchor your offense along with potentially three fringe all-stars (Bradley, Hayward, Asik). Aldridge could destroy PFs in our conference playing alongside a true Center for once. Bradley, Asik, Wallace, Bass are all excellent defenders and can be part of our defensive core/identity. Olynyk is allowed time to develop in the PF position behind Aldridge. Hayward is the outside shooter who can stretch the floor for Aldridge & Asik

• You can go super-big with: Rondo, Hayward, KO, Aldridge, Asik. 
    • You can go super-small with: Rondo Bradley, Hayward, Wallace, Aldridge
    • You could have a bench of: Crawford, Lee, Wallace, Olynyk, Favarani.

Obviously this requires the Celtics to skip the "ultra-deep" 2014 draft, but its better for the Celtics to win now. The Celtics must build around Rondo while he's in his prime. Danny ALREADY HAS the future assets to remain competitive with the Brooklyn & Clippers additional picks and our own. This allows the Celtics to become competitve next year without selling our future. 

[/QUOTE]

You put some thought in this and looks interesting.  I don't see the need for Bass, I think he would be a problem.  But it looks good if it worked out.  I don't know how good we would be but we would have a competative team. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

R9R,

AFAIU, the path that Danny's taken is not to win now but to create a contender in 3-5 years.

Your trade scenario is OK but it doesn't fit the above.

Personally, I wouldn't trade JG+Sully for Hayward+Asik. Also, considering current status of the team and possibility to grab pick #1-5, I'd keep Celtics 2014 pick for Celtics.

AK

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

This is a recipie for a slightly above-average team for 3-4 years, then back to where we started.

Sorry, Im in the tank and get a superstar camp.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is a recipie for a slightly above-average team for 3-4 years, then back to where we started.

Sorry, Im in the tank and get a superstar camp.

[/QUOTE]

A slightly above average team that will underachieve because of bad chemistry.

Let someone else "build around Rondo" while he is "still in his prime" if anyone wants to.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

All valid points above.

But, do you guys really want to wait 5 years? Do you really want to see the lottery scrrew us over again? Do you really want to bottom out, lose any connection to the Culture that was built in 2008? Do you really want to put all your eggs in one basket, only to get the next Oden, or even worse, the next Bargnani ... some guy who isn't injured, but underachieves?

Say what you want about Rondo, but he has the desire to win. He has that championship pedigree. You just can't argue against that. Rondo steps up his game at critical moments, he has one of the highest BBIQs in the league. He can control a game. He is the best passer in the league. 

Case in Point, Jeff Green. Freaking Jeff Green. 5th overall pick. Never really had a full breakout season. His career was put on hold for essentially 1.5 years due to a freak, unpredictable health injury. Now at 27 he's the best player on a team, but isn't stepping up, talks about "having to be a leader" without just leading. Even if he says the right things, he dissapears during games.

What if this 2014 pick gives the Celtics the next Jeff Green? That would be LUCKIER than average. You realize that? Danny has an excellent history of picking players in the draft, but that doesn't ensure good picks in the future. What if we keep our picks and draft Embiid like some want and instead of being the next Duncan, he's the next Thabeet, the next Darko, the next Derrick Williams...

KNOWN QUANTITY > POTENTIAL 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[/QUOTE]

A slightly above average team that will underachieve because of bad chemistry.

Let someone else "build around Rondo" while he is "still in his prime" if anyone wants to.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Really? slightly above average? Tell me that roster is not AT LEAST as talented as The Clippers. 

All you can really hope for is a top 4 team in your conference. That team would be top 4 next year in the East

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I like the team, but I don't think it has enough scoring.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like the team, but I don't think it has enough scoring.

[/QUOTE]

The starting 5 average 75ppg at their current averages.

LA: 20

Rondo: 15

AB: 15

Asik: 10

Hayward:15

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

You've done a nice job of showing how to rebuild via horse trading and how it can be both quicker and more dependable than the draft. That said, I'd still like to retain our 2014 lottery pick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

this coming draft is too deep, if the draft class is just like last 2012 and 2013 then i consider horse trading as you posted. not trading boston's 2014 pick. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Pud, I'm shocked

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

Yet another in a long line of redonkulous proposed trade and team improvement scenarios....the season hasn't even begun! I thought all you members of the Rondo Youth Brigade were touting how great Green was due to last year's playoff performance, how great Faverini was, how much of a world beater Sullinger was, and AB...what, everyone jumping ship before game 1?! I'd hate to be in a fox hole with some of you....

I said long before the preseason that they'd be quite succatacious, that they'd never make the playoffs, that they'd be unable to avoid being deep within the business end of the lottery, that they'd dump Rondo once he was healthy, if they could...Many national commentators are now saying the same thing , especially with regard to Rondo...

One thing I've also said is I was looking forward to watching them this year as oppossed to the last 2 years because they will be fun to watch, not with the Sword of Damocles constantly hanging over their playoff elimination head before the playoffs begin and knowing they'd be too tired to finish games after having leads entring the 4th qtr...

There are no quick fixes in life kids...learn it now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to RicosUncle's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yet another in a long line of redonkulous proposed trade and team improvement scenarios....the season hasn't even begun! I thought all you members of the Rondo Youth Brigade were touting how great Green was due to last year's playoff performance, how great Faverini was, how much of a world beater Sullinger was, and AB...what, everyone jumping ship before game 1?! I'd hate to be in a fox hole with some of you....

I said long before the preseason that they'd be quite succatacious, that they'd never make the playoffs, that they'd be unable to avoid being deep within the business end of the lottery, that they'd dump Rondo once he was healthy, if they could...Many national commentators are now saying the same thing , especially with regard to Rondo...

One thing I've also said is I was looking forward to watching them this year as oppossed to the last 2 years because they will be fun to watch, not with the Sword of Damocles constantly hanging over their playoff elimination head before the playoffs begin and knowing they'd be too tired to finish games after having leads entring the 4th qtr...

[/QUOTE]

no your alias has only been active for today. Troll, the cave is over there. Go hide in it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

In response to RicosUncle's comment:
    [QUOTE]

no your alias has only been active for today. Troll, the cave is over there. Go hide in it.

[/QUOTE]

No...I love tweeking your beak...because you are NEVER right....and everything I wrote is true...

GOTCHA!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

The only trade scenario I could see happenning that would happen sooner than later is, and it's unlikely, Humpty and Nets 1st for Gortat and Frye and Pheonix 1st for Humphries and Brooks and LACs and Brooklyns 1st. Frye is a good player @ 6.5 for 2years and Gortat is 7.5 in cap if he doesn't pan out.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

you obviously put a lot of thought and time into these ideas... they are horrible. i would find something more constructive to do with my time if i were you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

you obviously put a lot of thought and time into these ideas... they are horrible. i would find something more constructive to do with my time if i were you.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't know. Your mom really seems to enjoy when I read them to her while she takes the sticky out of out her hair. She pays well, so I find myself with a lot of time on my hands.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I am not convinced and it seems most are not at all convinced.  I think we need 10 or may be 100 more of these threads to discuss this.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I'd rather build through the draft and/or continue to compile assets.  Known quantity is all well and good, but how many finals have Aldridge, Al Horford, Joe Johnson, and other tier 1-B stars led their teams to? 

If you can get the right guy, trade the picks and assets.  Unfortunatley for us, there aren't too many KG-like players out there waiting to be traded.  Getting guys who put up stats but who aren't franchise-type players in return for a chance at getting a great player is an interesting debate. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am not convinced and it seems most are not at all convinced.  I think we need 10 or may be 100 more of these threads to discuss this.

[/QUOTE]

Ok!! I'll get on that!!

Seriously, though, you'd prefer a "lets develop talent and wait out this year thread" ?

That obviously the most likely scenerio. But its no fun to reiterate the need to stay the course... Its more fun to toss around ideas and play GM

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd rather build through the draft and/or continue to compile assets.  Known quantity is all well and good, but how many finals have Aldridge, Al Horford, Joe Johnson, and other tier 1-B stars led their teams to? 

If you can get the right guy, trade the picks and assets.  Unfortunatley for us, there aren't too many KG-like players out there waiting to be traded.  Getting guys who put up stats but who aren't franchise-type players in return for a chance at getting a great player is an interesting debate. 

[/QUOTE]

In the last 10 years ...

How many teams have successfully drafted the "1-A" top franchise players and won a title?

Lets see...

2013 - Miami = only Wade (Lebron & Bosh were acquired)

2012 - Miami = only Wade (Lebron & Bosh were acquired)

2011 - Dallas = only Dirk (Chandler, Jet, Kidd all acquired)

2010 - Lakers = Kobe, Bynum (Gasol, Odom, MWP all acquired)

2009 - Lakers = Kobe, Bynum (Gasol, Odom, MWP all acquired)

2008 - Celtics = Pierce (Allen, KG acquired)

2007 - Spurs = Duncan, Parker, Ginoble

2006 - Heat = Wade (Shaq, Walker acquired)

2005 - Spurs = Duncan, Parker, Ginoble

2004 - Pistons = (Sheed, Billups, RIP, Wallace all acquired)

2003 - Spurs = Duncan, Parker, Ginoble

2002 - Lakers = Kobe (Shaq, Fox acquired)

... same through 2000

So unless we are able to draft the next Duncan or Kobe ... it may be best to do what Miami, Dallas Detroi and Boston did to get championships. Add known quantities around your drafted Allstar, which is Rondo.