MURPH IS HERE! GREEN IS HERE!..PERK IS A TRAITOR!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

MURPH IS HERE! GREEN IS HERE!..PERK IS A TRAITOR!

if only because he did not sign with the heat, its a great move. danny's got all the moves.. now we will see even LESS of baby! has anyone else noticed how much he has stunk as of late? the less he plays the better he is! hopefully it doesnt take him being traded or non-tendered before he grasps his place and takes a team-friendly deal! troy is the NEW and improved raef lafrentz!

perk is a traitor danny did everything to sign him in the off-season and even after he came back. they offered 4 years at 24m.. they wanted 30M! we are talking pennies here... perk had no intentions in ever prioritizing the celts.. he insisted he  would test the market no matter what. ainge trades him to his first preference and signs a deal he could have easily got here! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: MURPH IS COMING! MURPH IS COMING!..PERK IS A TRAITOR!

A traitor?  Prone to hyperbole much?  Maybe in your life $12 mil isn't a big difference.  For Perk, this was the one chance he had to exert his leverage and his gamble got him traded and led to a big fat contract with a team with upside.  Pennies?  I don't think so friend, unless you are independently wealthy and can pi$$ off millions of dollars like it means nothing. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

haha

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

baby stunk?

the latest addition Green-Murphy-kristic are not better than big baby.
    big baby made the 2nd unit afloat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: MURPH IS COMING! MURPH IS COMING!..PERK IS A TRAITOR!:
    [QUOTE]A traitor?  Prone to hyperbole much?  Maybe in your life $12 mil isn't a big difference.  For Perk, this was the one chance he had to exert his leverage and his gamble got him traded and led to a big fat contract with a team with upside.  Pennies?  I don't think so friend, unless you are independently wealthy and can pi$$ off millions of dollars like it means nothing.    
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]this non-perky fat turd got himself traded for he did not want to be here.. all his crocodile tears were simply because danny called his bluff and took away his leverage. with a new cba coming, who in their right mind was going to be fighting over themselves to give a glorified BACKUP center 8-9 mil a year? perk wanted to use the celts to artificially drive up his price.. on his first day in okc, he made it clear "this is where i want to be now  and in the future".. made it clear he would be interested in doing a deal, yet he made it clear to DANNY that he would NOT do a deal and test the market.. his agent told danny that they would be looking for a minimum 4 year 30m deal on the OPEN market! i will bet my life he got LESS than 4 years at 30m from okc! they could have compromised at 4 years 27m which still would have been overpaying for that fat injury-waiting-to-happen toad ingrate but he made it clear he would not even CONSIDER signing until the off-season! fat turd gets to okc and even before he takes a fat dump, he is proclaiming that he is willing to start negotiations way BEFORE the season ends.. had that fat load taken that tude with danny, he WOULD be a CELTIC! 

so let's stop the nonsense, perk got himself traded...face it, he just wasnt that into us people! Oklahoma is closer to belmont, TX for that fat country boy then boston.. i am sure larry legend would have preferrred to play in indiana as pierce clearly would have preferred to play in LA but they both possessed actual appreciation, gratitude and loyalty! this fat toad deserves NOTHING! perk is now DEAD to me! i hope his other knee POPS!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MURPH IS COMING! MURPH IS COMING!..PERK IS A TRAITOR! : perk got himself fat turd traded for he did not want to be here.. all his crocodile tears were simply because danny called his bluff and took away his leverage. with a new cba coming, who in their right mind was going to be fighting over themselves to give a glorified BACKUP center 8-9 mil a year? perk wanted to use the celts to artificially drive up his price.. on his first day in okc, he made it clear "this is where i want to be now  and in the future".. made it clear he would be interested in doing a deal, yet he made it clear to DANNY that he would NOT do a deal and test the market.. his agent told danny that they would be looking for a minimum 4 year 30m deal on the OPEN market! i will bet my life he got LESS than 4 years at 30m from okc! they could have compromised at 4 years 27m which still would have been overpaying for that fat injury-waiting-to-happen toad ingrate but he made it clear he would not even CONSIDER signing until the off-season! fat turd gets to okc and even before he takes a fat dump, he is proclaiming that he is willing to start negotiations way BEFORE the season ends.. had that fat load taken that tude with danny, he WOULD be a CELTIC!  so let's stop the nonsense, perk got himself traded... he just wasnt that into us people! Oklahoma is closer to belmont, TX for that fat country boy then boston.. i am sure larry legend would have preferrred to play in indiana as pierce clearly would have preferred to play in LA but they both possessed actual appreciation, gratitude and loyalty! this fat toad deserves NOTHING! perk is now DEAD to me! i hope his other knee POPS!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!! That was funny

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Although I was one of the early enthusiastic supporters of the Perk trade, I actually feel sorry for OKC.  They gave away Green, who I believe will evolve into our foundation for the future, for an over-rated player, that was elevated because of the supporting cast (much like Rondo) and who's career has already peaked and who will be a bit part-time player due to constant injuries.  I think we just ruined OKC's future as a top tier franchise for several years...   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I guess Perk didnt  test FA.

He got his money and good luck to him.

DA called his bluff and sent him packing. Maybe thats why he cried so much, reportedly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Menopause is a bee otch, eh?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MURPH IS COMING! MURPH IS COMING!..PERK IS A TRAITOR! : perk got himself fat turd traded for he did not want to be here.. all his crocodile tears were simply because danny called his bluff and took away his leverage. with a new cba coming, who in their right mind was going to be fighting over themselves to give a glorified BACKUP center 8-9 mil a year? perk wanted to use the celts to artificially drive up his price.. on his first day in okc, he made it clear "this is where i want to be now  and in the future".. made it clear he would be interested in doing a deal, yet he made it clear to DANNY that he would NOT do a deal and test the market.. his agent told danny that they would be looking for a minimum 4 year 30m deal on the OPEN market! i will bet my life he got LESS than 4 years at 30m from okc! they could have compromised at 4 years 27m which still would have been overpaying for that fat injury-waiting-to-happen toad ingrate but he made it clear he would not even CONSIDER signing until the off-season! fat turd gets to okc and even before he takes a fat dump, he is proclaiming that he is willing to start negotiations way BEFORE the season ends.. had that fat load taken that tude with danny, he WOULD be a CELTIC!  so let's stop the nonsense, perk got himself traded... he just wasnt that into us people! Oklahoma is closer to belmont, TX for that fat country boy then boston.. i am sure larry legend would have preferrred to play in indiana as pierce clearly would have preferred to play in LA but they both possessed actual appreciation, gratitude and loyalty! this fat toad deserves NOTHING! perk is now DEAD to me! i hope his other knee POPS!

Don't take things so personally.  I'm glad you can appreciate the things he did while here and that you don't take a black or white position on things despite being a casual observer of his situation like the rest of us.  I'm sure Perk will miss you as well. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]10+ million over 4 years is pennies? You must be really really rich. They offered him 22 the absolute max was 23.4 . He's getting near 34 million from OKC.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]ok, upon further review, i stand corrected, the fat toad may have a point somewhere... i remember danny saying they offered him the max they could offer at 4/24m... 10m is a bunch.. but then again, perk's people said they would start at 30m/4.... bottom line it was just business! rondo, pp, ray ray and others have taken team-friendly deals. where was his loyalty.. we have carried his fat azz.. where else could a fat toad like him be able to build the mirage that he was even a serviceable starter? krstic brings more to the freakin table.. are we going to pay him 8m a year? would anyone?

perk at best deserves no more than 4m per year.. danny giving him just 20m was a steal he should have appreciated.. bottom line is it was all about the $$$, he took it and ran.. danny did the right thing! makes no sense even wasting your time when the bidding starts at 8m for a perk...jeff green does not make that and he is far better and more VALUABLE to us than the fat load... pats do it all the time, you just got to pre-emptively walk away.. perk will end up as the RANDY MOSS of this NBA season! we will see him soon at the supermarket when we are buying milk (on the carton)... I BET phil jackson are laughing at okc and more scared of the celts right now esp kobe.. we got 3 guys who can shut him down now. if we get brewer, we would truly be kobe-proof, same with bron proof and so forth! we can get  eric dampier in our system and we could slow down howard esp when it counts.. y build your entire team in the possibility of facing ONE GUY (bynum may make 2)... y? y? Y?

anyone who says we treated him like dirt and it wasnt a graceful exit can jump off a bridge.. they should have pulled a wwe vince mcmahon stunt and have the rock tell him about his damnn role than kick him into a garbage truck all the way to okc while his stuff his thrown in with him.... celts can clearly do without this PERK!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

This is an annoying thread. He is a traitor because he was blindsided with a trade, and because he chose to sign with his new team instead of waiting graciously for us to take him back after we kicked him to the curb? 

He wanted Boston, and Boston felt they were better without him so Boston has moved on and now so has perk.  Saying he is a traitor is like saying your ex is a traitor because they start dating someone else after you dump them. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yes, this is a silly thread.  Perk doesn't deserve having the history rewritten inaccurately.  Perk deserved to look out of himself and his family and Danny did the right thing by looking out for the Celtics' interests. The trade was balanced in that both parties got something.

Calling Perk a traitor now is just silly.  

In addition, Baby doesn't play well in starter minutes but that's a long way from saying he stinks.  Yes, he had a bad game last night - he stunk!  Ray had a great game last night and a horrible game the game on Saturday.   Paul had a 1 point game against the Heat and played great the last 3 or 4 games.   In other words - a bad game or two happens.  Get over it.  Stop being a fair weather fan.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

Players want money. So does KG. So does everybody. Good money for Perk. However, his defense might not be that effectve in OKC system. Guys there love running and play offense. One guy can't turn things around unless he is KG. Good luck Perk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to MURPH IS COMING! MURPH IS COMING!..PERK IS A TRAITOR!:
    [QUOTE]if only because he did not sign with the heat, its a great move. danny's got all the moves.. now we will see even LESS of baby! has anyone else noticed how much he has stunk as of late? the less he plays the better he is! hopefully it doesnt take him being traded or non-tendered before he grasps his place and takes a team-friendly deal! troy is the NEW and improved raef lafrentz! perk is a traitor danny did everything to sign him in the off-season and even after he came back. they offered 4 years at 24m.. they wanted 30M! we are talking pennies here... perk had no intentions in ever prioritizing the celts.. he insisted he  would test the market no matter what. ainge trades him to his first preference and signs a deal he could have easily got here! 
    What a childish post.Perk being traded makes him a traitor? Are you 9?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]This is an annoying thread. He is a traitor because he was blindsided with a trade, and because he chose to sign with his new team instead of waiting graciously for us to take him back after we kicked him to the curb?  He wanted Boston, and Boston felt they were better without him so Boston has moved on and now so has perk.  Saying he is a traitor is like saying your ex is a traitor because they start dating someone else after you dump them. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]lol, how do u know about my ex? yes, i will say its traitorous to date anyone after me! well, at east a one month rule.. at least play a freakin game! this deal was inked last thursday on the day of the trade! anywho, i am glad perk got what was most important to him, the money, and danny got what is most important to us, a future.. versatility in winning! 

i am sure ainge's non-stop laughter when perk's agent demaned a minimum of 30m was the final straw! can see danny starting trade talks within that hour! no way should danny had offered more than 19m for perk... btw, green does not make more than 8m and willnot! he makes 4m and is due around 5m for next year.. krstic will get no more than 3.5m per year for 2 years.. cant tell me these 2 arent superior to one perk!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

BBD played a horrible game last night, but don't for a moment mistake that this guy has been rock solid all year.  He is entitled to a bad game and he will shine on this team with all its new players.  He is that good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]BBD played a horrible game last night, but don't for a moment mistake that this guy has been rock solid all year.  He is entitled to a bad game and he will shine on this team with all its new players.  He is that good.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]bb has had a few bad games in a row esp at the end of games!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Perk is a traitor?

When got the news that he was going to Oklahoma he cried all flippen day!

This was Danny's choice, and Perk will be missed.

Brit Robson, normally a supporter of the Celtics had this to say in his weekly ranking of teams for Sports Illustrated.

"Even those who defend the deal that sent Perkins to Oklahoma City for Nenad Krstic and Jeff Green acknowledge that president Danny Ainge weakened the Celtics' team defense -- the signature strength of a roster that was no worse that a co-favorite to win the championship this season -- in order to add depth on the wing and better position the franchise for the future. Winning titles is about creating matchup advantages when it matters most, and the ability of Perkins to guard the likes of Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol or Andrew Bynum on his own made him a compelling trump card in that realm. To rely on an aching, soon-to-be 39-year-old Shaquille O'Neal, a notoriously poor pick-and-roll defender, and soft 7-footer Krstic to replace Perkins makes no sense. And throwing in Green -- a 6-9 'tweener forward whom the Thunder didn't seem inclined to re-sign despite that fact that he's only 24 and has started alongside Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook for three seasons -- isn't enough to swing the deal in Boston's favor. Ainge and the Celtics will rue this trade."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/britt_robson/03/01/power.rankings/index.html#ixzz1FNsJOZsk

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Perk is a traitor? When got the news that he was going to Oklahoma he cried all flippen day! This was Danny's choice, and Perk will be missed. Brit Robson, normally a supporter of the Celtics had this to say in his weekly ranking of teams for Sports Illustrated. "Even those who defend the deal that sent Perkins to Oklahoma City for Nenad Krstic and Jeff Green acknowledge that president Danny Ainge weakened the Celtics' team defense -- the signature strength of a roster that was no worse that a co-favorite to win the championship this season -- in order to add depth on the wing and better position the franchise for the future. Winning titles is about creating matchup advantages when it matters most, and the ability of Perkins to guard the likes of Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol or Andrew Bynum on his own made him a compelling trump card in that realm. To rely on an aching, soon-to-be 39-year-old Shaquille O'Neal, a notoriously poor pick-and-roll defender, and soft 7-footer Krstic to replace Perkins makes no sense. And throwing in Green -- a 6-9 'tweener forward whom the Thunder didn't seem inclined to re-sign despite that fact that he's only 24 and has started alongside Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook for three seasons -- isn't enough to swing the deal in Boston's favor. Ainge and the Celtics will rue this trade." Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/britt_robson/03/01/power.rankings/index.html#ixzz1FNsJOZsk
    Posted by TeamUmbutu[/QUOTE]ok, for the LAST time, let me spell this out for you perk buttlovers:

do you realize in game 5 of last year's finals that perk did not even play? he played as many minutes as i did ZERO! and we won to go up 3-2.. i say had perk MISSED the last 2 games, perhaps our chance of winning would have skyrocketed. in the entire series, perk averaged less than 18 minutes per game and in 3 of those games (2 of which were WINS), he ONLY played 14 minutes.. that is an indispensable guy? the shaq/jo combo cant top that? obviously the non-perk lineup was dominant, so how is throwing a 7' krstic out there going to make us so much worse? enough! twp i like perk, great mascot for the team, just like ml carr, but lets find some objective perspective here! we can and will EASILY win without perk! shaq is harder for us to win without then perk! shaq giving us 10 strong minutes has more relevancy! jo WILL be back... implicit in danny's words and doc's (we are better) is that if all 3 of our top centers are healthy, perk may be the odd guy out.. shaq is starting, we play better with him, and jo is here to backup! that means perk was going to be the THIRD center.. meaning dnp in the playoffs as bb/kg would be taking those minutes!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

butllovers?

Really?

...yeah, I read Jackie MacMullan as well.

The truth is that he did play in games one through six.

Games:
    1. 24 minutes
    2. 31 minutes
    3. 21 minutes
    4. 24 minutes
    5. 31 minutes
    6. 6 minutes with an injury

Look it up -

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201006030LAL.html

The fact remains that Danny is taking a huge gamble. If it works he is a hero, if not, well we may need to wait another 22 years.

The Celtics have been a great defensive basketball team since 2007-2008. It is that fact, more than anything else, that defines this latest version of the championship Celtics. Shaq is still a force on offense, but on defense he draws fouls like dung draws flies, and Krytic is so bad on defense, that he was the focus of both the Clippers and the Jazz on offense.

I hope it works but I am not sure it was necessary. We wanted a sub for Paul not a replacement. This may be the Celtics last shot for some time. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MURPH IS COMING! MURPH IS COMING!..PERK IS A TRAITOR! : lol, how do u know about my ex? yes, i will say its traitorous to date anyone after me! well, at east a one month rule.. at least play a freakin game! this deal was inked last thursday on the day of the trade! anywho, i am glad perk got what was most important to him, the money, and danny got what is most important to us, a future.. versatility in winning!  i am sure ainge's non-stop laughter when perk's agent demaned a minimum of 30m was the final straw! can see danny starting trade talks within that hour! no way should danny had offered more than 19m for perk... btw, green does not make more than 8m and willnot! he makes 4m and is due around 5m for next year.. krstic will get no more than 3.5m per year for 2 years.. cant tell me these 2 arent superior to one perk!

Hayward got 10 million a year. So someone was going to Pay perk close to that. That's how the market works. Perk loved Boston and said he couldn't see himself anywhere else, but once he was traded why wouldn't you ink a good deal if offered? I guarentee you most any player in the league would have done the same.

Perk was a great player for us. If you think we are better without him fine. But His negotiaging for more money (which Ray Allen did btw by flirting with the Heat.) does not make him a bad guy. He played his heart out for this team. Whether he gives us the best chance to win is another debate entirely but if you were fired from your old  job and offered a new job with more money, would you take it? Probably. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

I would agree people either like Perks game or they don't. The traitor thing is not only uncalled for, but an insult to someone that does not deserve it.

Mirrors are wonderful things.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Perk played good defense, handled DH a number of times 1on1, but not always.

What I wonder about is this season we've been near the top defensively, all without Perk playing.  We've defeated all the top teams without Perk.

Comes a time when you start to realize its the system, the effort and team defense that gets it done... Perk was a part of it but it took 5 guys at once to make it work.  The system was working all season long without Perk... so what conclusion should be drawn?

I know we're gonna miss certain things from Perk, but also consider what we pick up by him not being here while Green and Kristic are.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Good luck Perk. Glad you made out with the moola. Anybody said they wouldn't have done the same thing is a liar or a idiot or both. Thanks for your work.