My former boss never really cared for me

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Re: My former boss never really cared for me

Just watch some celtic games...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from markp99. Show markp99's posts

Henry, you've got it all wrong.  You need to refer to yourself in the 3rd person!

;)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Henry Finkel hears you markp99 and he will take your advice to heart.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

yeah, its not like lebron didnt make the cavs into a real NBA organization or anything...nor generated hundreds of millions for the franchise and the businesses in the local cleveland area

he owes them nothing and with gilbert's letter...was all the more right to move on to miami

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

In Response to Re: My former boss never really cared for me:
    [QUOTE]yeah, its not like lebron didnt make the cavs into a real NBA organization or anything...nor generated hundreds of millions for the franchise and the businesses in the local cleveland area he owes them nothing and with gilbert's letter...was all the more right to move on to miami
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Is this the first siting of a Heat troll?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

D%$n... and I thought you were referring to Tony Allen!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Anyone seen Tollivers version of the Decision ?! It's awesome.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]he owes them nothing and with gilbert's letter...was all the more right to move on to miami
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

sequence of events- bronnie puts on an embarrassing media circus parade the likes of which we have only seen in tin pot media dictatorships like cuba or venezuela, or espn.  bronnie made an absolute farce of himself and his decision to leave cleveland.

remember when durant twitted that he just signed an extension with OKC and was going back to sippin a soda and playing his vid game?  imminently more simple and classy.

lebron did the elaborate circus and then gilbert sounded off.

did you watch the east conf. finals?  games 5 and 6 in particular.  re-watch them at any cost if you were not paying attention.  lebron quit.  not just a little bit, but really hard.  it was a shocking embarrassment.

gilbert deserves some of the blame because he did nothing but give lebron more and more slack hoping he would mature.  instead lebron got more and more yes men around him and got a bigger and bigger head and lost sight of the real goal- winning.  not money to local business and therefore i am a God, but winning.  that's all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I really think the way he left more to do with the criticism than the fact that he left.  LeBron hasn't taken the high road yet, and his actions were petty and he basically stuck it to the fans in Cleveland.  He comes across as having a tin ear when it comes to public relations, and image is everything in the NBA, especially for the guy that will be the most visible face of the league after the current crop of stars leave (KG, Kobe, etc).   

Miami was able to clear the cap space to sign 3 good players and Riley deserves the credit.  If 3 (more like 2) superstar players and 1 pretty good big man want to play together and take a little less money for doing so, then I think the criticism is not as harsh and is unfounded.  When Barkley is ripping you for changing teams for the chance at a championship then that's akin to the kettle calling the pot black. 

LeBron should just shut his mouth and play.  Let his play do the talking from hereon out.  he is losing the PR war.        

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My former boss never really cared for me : Is this the first siting of a Heat troll?
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]
    A. ive been a miami heat fan since 1989...i still wear my glen rice and alonzo jersey's with pride...and have since added a wade jersey
    B. im not trolling...i saw a thread that had to be about lebron and i chimed in...that ok with you?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My former boss never really cared for me : sequence of events- bronnie puts on an embarrassing media circus parade the likes of which we have only seen in tin pot media dictatorships like cuba or venezuela, or espn.  bronnie made an absolute farce of himself and his decision to leave cleveland. remember when durant twitted that he just signed an extension with OKC and was going back to sippin a soda and playing his vid game?  imminently more simple and classy. lebron did the elaborate circus and then gilbert sounded off. did you watch the east conf. finals?  games 5 and 6 in particular.  re-watch them at any cost if you were not paying attention.  lebron quit.  not just a little bit, but really hard.  it was a shocking embarrassment. gilbert deserves some of the blame because he did nothing but give lebron more and more slack hoping he would mature.  instead lebron got more and more yes men around him and got a bigger and bigger head and lost sight of the real goal- winning.  not money to local business and therefore i am a God, but winning.  that's all.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]
    i agree that the decision was terrible...terrible for espn, terrible for lebron, and dreadfully awful for jim gray

i wish that lebron's personality was more like durants...but its not...and now he plays for my team...what can you do? im sure there were a ton of celtics fans who hated seeing sheed in the green because of who he is and not what he added to the team

the problem with lebron speaks to the overall culture around sports...more so than ever its all about "me" and this culture gets reinforced in the eyes of adoring fans who throw money at these athletes for doing nothing more than playing a game...and its only going to get worst...it is what it is and what can you do when these guys have no clue what the definition of the word "no" means?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

Lebron should get himself a new posse or "team" or handlers or whatever else the camp followers of modern celeb-athletes are called.

Or maybe he can try being his own man.