My Impossible Dream

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: My Impossible Dream

It's an impossible dream indeed but a good one - it would be refreshing to have great basketball conversations without dbags. Interesting that of all the ways this dream could have gotten derailed, it was the Laker trolls not welcome here to begin with who showed they are the true scourge of this forum. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: My Impossible Dream:
    [QUOTE]It's an impossible dream indeed but a good one - it would be refreshing to have great basketball conversations without dbags. Interesting that of all the ways this dream could have gotten derailed, it was the Laker trolls not welcome here to begin with who showed they are the true scourge of this forum. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Truly the scourge of this forum... indeed!

BTW.... will you entertain a question, Officer Spanky?

Pud

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Impossible Dream : I agree. I think a Rudy Gay for Paul Pierce swap will benefit both the Celts and the Grizz. The Celts need to get younger and the Grizz need a guy like Paul Pierce to give them veteran leadership and a go to guy in the clutch.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

We have Jeff Green. I think Gay is over paid and is not a team player.  I also think KG and Ray have a better chance of getting traded than Pierce!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Impossible Dream : I agree. I think a Rudy Gay for Paul Pierce swap will benefit both the Celts and the Grizz. The Celts need to get younger and the Grizz need a guy like Paul Pierce to give them veteran leadership and a go to guy in the clutch.

Why trade the self proclaimed best player on the planet?!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

A suggestion - after years of complaining about the board, perhaps everyone should just accept it for what it is. A message board with a full range of posts, from the thoughtful to the trash talking comments. Love it or hate it, I don't think it's changing for anyone. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I would be very disappointed if Paul Pierce was traded.   He is the only current player that should retire with the Celtics.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Impossible Dream : I would be very disappointed if Paul Pierce was traded.   He is the only current player that should retire with the Celtics.  
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Agreed - two chances fat and slim!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

We all love Pierce, but he is in Ray Borque territory. He's a good player on a mediocre team. If JO was younger or we had a Perk who wasn't damaged goods, then maybe the window could remain open.

Ray and KG are over the hill. Pierce is headed there, but he still probably has enough in the tank to perhaps be the piece that puts a somewhat contender to the top of the mountain.

It's too late to unload Ray or KG and get much. I did want Ray traded during that one deadline a couple years ago. I was wrong, because the Celtics almost won a second title in this current era. But now it's just about time to move on. Glen Davis as your backup center doesn't cut the mustard. There's no guarantee JO will last more than a month, or even if he doesn't get injured, it's a pipe dream thinking he is a champion caliber center. Anyone who doesn't see that Ray, KG, and even Paul have finally slipped back to the rest of the pack is deluded.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Impossible Dream : Jeff Green is not a sure thing yet. The Celts only gave him a qualifying offer, no long term contract yet.  Before Doc became coach Pierce was really not a team player also. Right now Pierce's trade value is high because he's still in his prime and had career highs in FG% and FT% last season. Rudy Gay will get better, especially under Doc. But you're also right, there's a bigger chance KG and Ray will get traded rather than Pierce. 

Jeff Green needs a system that caters to his skills. Rondo and him go together perfectly. Green would have probably done a decent job while the Big Three were younger, kind of like a poor man's James Posey.

Rondo and the Big Three clicked because KG, Ray, and Paul weren't over the hill yet. Now that they are, those three are holding back Rondo's full potential. Doc needs to realize this team needs to drastically change the way it operates for substitutions and strategies. I'm talking mostly about on offense. As for Ray, if he isn't hitting his shot he needs to sit on the bench. He definitely improved on defense after joining the Celtics, but age has caught up to him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Impossible Dream : I would be very disappointed if Paul Pierce was traded.   He is the only current player that should retire with the Celtics.  
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Sure it would be great if more players stayed with one team for their whole careers, but that is not how it goes anymore. It's in the Celtics' best interest to trade Pierce, unless they can put players around him making the C's a true contender again. It's almost similar to right before we got Ray and KG. Pierce almost got traded then. Why keep Pierce around for sentimentality, when you might be able to get a good chunk of value in return before he inevitably becomes an albatross for the last year or two of his contract?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Pierce the player may have value at the trade deadline.  BUT, Pierce the 15 mill contract has basically zero value. I can't see anyone ponying up 45 mill for Pierce while watching his skills diminish.  We GOT Green to help curtail his mins.  Also, I remember when he re-negotiated his contract, and the word was this should ensure he remains with the Celtics for the rest of his career.  We don't have to like it, that's the way it is.  I can't see anyone (and I tried about 6 teams on the trade machine) giving us what we need for Pierce!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]Pierce the player may have value at the trade deadline.  BUT, Pierce the 15 mill contract has basically zero value. I can't see anyone ponying up 45 mill for Pierce while watching his skills diminish.  We GOT Green to help curtail his mins.  Also, I remember when he re-negotiated his contract, and the word was this should ensure he remains with the Celtics for the rest of his career.  We don't have to like it, that's the way it is.  I can't see anyone (and I tried about 6 teams on the trade machine) giving us what we need for Pierce!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

You might be correct. Perhaps we could trade Pierce to a good team on the title bubble for some of their one year bad contracts, a decent player or two, and some draft picks.

Pierce is the only contract that puts a whammie on Danny's plan to create a clean slate for the new CBA.

Rondo's contract is perfect unless he becomes damaged goods. You can either build the team around his incredible skill set, or trade him because he doesn't make outrageous money. Wow, he makes 11 million a year and I'm calling that a reasonable contract. Frown

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Impossible Dream : Sure it would be great if more players stayed with one team for their whole careers, but that is not how it goes anymore. It's in the Celtics' best interest to trade Pierce, unless they can put players around him making the C's a true contender again. It's almost similar to right before we got Ray and KG. Pierce almost got traded then. Why keep Pierce around for sentimentality, when you might be able to get a good chunk of value in return before he inevitably becomes an albatross for the last year or two of his contract?
    Posted by NickFaldo[/QUOTE]

CPP isn't going anywhere. He has distinguished himself as a Celtic since day one and will likely finish his outstanding career  still very productive and as the all time leading  Celtic scorer.

To consider him to be an albatross to the Celtic organization is simply shameful.

Go back to where you came from, NickF.

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Impossible Dream : CPP isn't going anywhere. He has distinguished himself as a Celtic since day one and will likely finish his outstanding career  still very productive and as the all time leading  Celtic scorer. To consider him to be an albatross to the Celtic organization is simply shameful. Go back to where you came from, NickF. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

This has been reported as a personal attack. Do you get a buzz from trying to hurt someone's feelings?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Impossible Dream : This has been reported as a personal attack. Do you get a buzz from trying to hurt someone's feelings?
    Posted by NickFaldo[/QUOTE]

Do you get a buzz from trashing the soon-to-be greatest score in Celtic history, Paul Pierce?

Your post is shameful, pal!

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I'd rather hope for regulations on banking so there are less "advanced financial products" so they have to invest in real American businesses, and regulation on lobbyists and lobbying firms that have severely skewered our national poicy away from the people towards corporate interests, lower corporate taxes and a tax code with fewer loopholes like the mortgage interest writeoff that primarily benefits the rich, the destruction of civil service (public) unions, the creation of tougher standards on teachers and the adoption of a national standardized test that tests all subjects instead of just math and reading, lower defense spending on "smart" weapons that aren't as accurate as they claim, a giant cash payout for the lowest two or three tax brackets specifically who unlike the rich will actually spend money on bills and stuff rather than save it or just buy gold/silver/diamonds, the riddance of oil and farm subsidies, the writing of a balanced federal budget as a new Amendment to the Bill of Rights to mandate fiscal responsibility, the adoption of recycling standards on a national level, the reduction of American dependence on coal, the reduction of American dependence on oil, an increase in tidal wind and especially geothermal power...

Not only are these things more realistic, but they're also much more universally beneficial

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmYePr5Dvoo

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

lakernation,

mental ill people like ron should be left a lone..........................