My Trade Proposal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

My Trade Proposal

Rondo and Bass to the Pistons, Greg Monroe, Brandon Knight and fillers to the Celtics. Pistons get much needed Point guard and Celtics get a very good center and a good scorer in Knight. Actually Monroe is probably a power forward, slash center type.  If the Pistons wanted to trade Andre Drummond instead of Monroe i would do that deal as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: My Trade Proposal

The Piston's would be very torn on simply swapping Knight for Rondo... they would think long and hard about doing even that.

The fact that you also include a Bass for Monroe or Drummond swap is insanity

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

The Piston's would be very torn on simply swapping Knight for Rondo... they would think long and hard about doing even that.

They Pistons drafted Caldwell-pope, Knight is not a true point, so the pistons may want to move him. Maybe not as insane as one may think  Oh, and it's Rondo for Monroe, Drummond, and bass for knight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Rondo and Bass to the Pistons, Greg Monroe, Brandon Knight and fillers to the Celtics. Pistons get much needed Point guard and Celtics get a very good center and a good scorer in Knight. Actually Monroe is probably a power forward, slash center type.  If the Pistons wanted to trade Andre Drummond instead of Monroe i would do that deal as well.

Me too and all the GM's in the league except Joe Dumars!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

[QUOTE]

They Pistons drafted Caldwell-pope, Knight is not a true point, so the pistons may want to move him. Maybe not as insane as one may think  Oh, and it's Rondo for Monroe, Drummond, and bass for knight.

[/QUOTE]

It is very insane when you talk about Monroe or Drummond.

The Pistons, with Caldwell-Pope as you said (another Rip Hamilton type SG IMO) might want a more pure PG over Knight. They do have the ability to bring back Calderon a solid borderline starter pure PG, he and Knight are both 6'3" and can play well together in the backcourt as they showed at the end of last season.

What we know about them right now is that Drummond-Monroe and Caldwell-Pope are definitely part of their future. Knight is a bit in limbo as you say. Can C-P swing over to SF and let play SG? Definitely possible with Calderon at PG. Will Calderon be gone and Knight be told to concentrate 100% on PG (something that Avery failed to do?) Who knows. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Celtics, as Simmons said, will only be motivated to move Rondo now, before he has regained his value post injury, if the team can dump contracts, bottom out and get 1-2 assets for the rebuild.

Stuckey doesn't seem to be in the Pistons plans anymore with a great shooter like Pope drafted. He once played PG but was not a great fr there, he's also not a great shooter for a SG. But he's around the same age as Rondo and a decent player.  The Pistons are also under the cap and interested in Rondo's buddy Smith. 

This is the type of deal I could see them doing for Rondo, one that gives Detroit a well-know all-star/veteran name and makes them a solid playoff team right away, at the expense of some future cap space and maybe one more good pick in the deep '14 draft. It gives the C's the cap space and assets they need:

Rondo, Gerald Wallace and Lee to the Pistons (27 million in salaries)

Knight, Stuckey, Villanueva and a top 5 protected 2014 1st rd pick for Rondo (20 million)

Pistons give up 7 million of 24 million in cap space but still have the space to sign Smith and hopefuly Calderon as well.

Lineup example:

C - Monroe (16 mins), Drummond (32m)

PF - Smith (28m) Monroe (20m)

SF - Wallace (24m) Caldewell-Pope (16m) Smith (8m)

SG - Lee (24m), Caldewell-Pope (12m) Calderon (12m)

PG - Rondo (36m) Calderon (12m)

That's a tight 8 man rotation of a team that should instantly take down seed 5-6 in the East, Wallace and Lee should rebound off their one poor year, they are still what, 30/31 and 27/28? Good insurance in case Caldewell-Pope really needs a year, but he seems NBA ready now. Then in '15 when Drummond and Pope really explode at ages 22-23, they could really make some noise.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Celtics shed 7 million in salary next season, 25 million for 2014-15. Then in '2015-16 they'll extend Knight a qualifying offer of 5m instead of paying Lee like 5.7 million and save 10 million of Wallace's deal. Rondo would be off the books by then, but would likely have been nedding to drop a max extension on a 29-30 year old Rondo.

So much cap space

And while they have no real pure PG but Pressy for next year, they are bottoming out anyhow. Even if they don't get Wiggins, they could get PG Marcus Smart in the top 5. At 6'4" he would be terrifying with Knight, Avery and Brooks in our future backcourt. He would have been selected 2nd by the Magic if he came out this year.