Mystery of JG - #2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Mystery of JG - #2

That is it.   There ain't no mystery.   Sure, to we blokes who do a 9-to-5 everyday.   But, shouldn't be to those who see and study players for a living.   Remember, most of you say 'he's been out for a year.   he needs to adjust and get use to being on the floor'.    Remember, that I say that he is who we  see he is.   The way he plays now is the same as after the KP trade.      
       Every once in a while I do what DA should be  doing for a living (or doing it well).   The big discovery that I made is that this yr JG has 10 assists to 17 turnovers!!!    For a career he's about 1.6/1.9 ratio!!!    That with his poor contribution and passive play would have scared me off of trading for him.   JG is suppose to be an all around player, but can't pass the ball??   He has pf passing skills but, rebounds like a reserve pg.   Another of DA's poor acqusitions and the Cs will continue to be an average team or less (as before the Boston3) with DA at the helm.     Worse rebounding team last yr and continues to be this year...maybe worse!!!                                                                                                                                   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Mystery of JG - #2

Hard to figure.. Green looked pretty good in preseason so what happened? The guy looked like the man on the 2nd unit...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JHell. Show JHell's posts

With his preseason play I was predicting all star game, 6th man of the year.  I'm sure you're all laughing your a$$es off now!  Or crying, I don't know...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hard to figure.. Green looked pretty good in preseason so what happened? The guy looked like the man on the 2nd unit...

[/QUOTE]

did we play any good lineups during preseason? I don't think so, it was mostly second string stuff.

Preseason is useless to evaluate players.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

People seem to still not grasp the fact this guy is only months out of open heart surgery. You know when they stop your heart for beating for several hours and surgically cut on it ? Yes, This guy was a victim of that.

Give him some time and touches, I honestly think he will be fine with patience.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You guys want to know why Jeff Green looks lost?

Because he was averaging 29.3 minutes per game in the preseason.

In the regular season, Jeff Green is only getting 21.8 minutes per game.

Green is not an instant offense guy like Barbosa. He was effective when he was in OKC when he was getting 37 minutes per game. 

Apparently Jeff Green is one of those guys who needs more time to get into the flow of the game.

[/QUOTE]

Hey Fiercest, I read the board a lot, Just don't post as often as most. But I couldn't agree with you more. Even when he gets in the game he rarely gets touches. It's usually Rondo walking the ball up getting it to someone in the paint while Jeff stands in the corner twiddling with his fingers wondering what to do ? 

They just need to try to get the guy involved but it's not happened so far.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Whendex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

People seem to still not grasp the fact this guy is only months out of open heart surgery. You know when they stop your heart for beating for several hours and surgically cut on it ? Yes, This guy was a victim of that.

Give him some time and touches, I honestly think he will be fine with patience.

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately that's not true. Jeff Green is not a big time player. He's not bad, he's just not great. Clearly he has talent, but he doesn't have that scorer's mentality. It's like he's playing not to lose. Players like Pierce play to win!

[/QUOTE]

You do have a valid point there, But you know the talent is there as well as I do.With confidence I think he could be a pretty good contributor. I may be the only guy on the board actually still standing behind Green right now, Just hoping I don't have to eat crow by saying we need to keep this guy around and let him produce.

7 FGA Vs Spurs, 5FGA Vs DET, 6FGA Vs TOR, 6FGA Vs Brooklyn.. I say get him 10+ FGA 

I'm a big Pierce fan but I don't see what you're seeing in him this year. Doesn't look to me like he's playing with that chip he used to play with. Taking too many contested jumpers instead of getting to the basket. He's still easily the best scorer we have.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

[QUOTE]

Tonight against OKC would be the perfect time to start Green. It would be Durant vs. Green and Pierce vs. Sefalosha.

[/QUOTE]

Lol, We are kind of feeding him to the dogs having him have the task of guarding the best scorer in the NBA. But yeah tonight would be a perfect night to let him try to do a little bit. Maybe a poster of Perk like Blake ? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The mystery of Jeff Green continues.  What can Doc and Danny see that makes this guy stick for four years?  This decision alone was so crucial it cannot be that Green is just versatile player with no  impact or can it?   He is supposed to be a replacement for Pierce who is giving the team a very low impact 19 pts. a game.  Last night with no rebounds.  Put Green out there for thirty minutes and see what he can do.  Or admit you made a mistake and move him Dec. 15. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The mystery of Jeff Green continues.  What can Doc and Danny see that makes this guy stick for four years?  This decision alone was so crucial it cannot be that Green is just versatile player with no  impact or can it?   He is supposed to be a replacement for Pierce who is giving the team a very low impact 19 pts. a game.  Last night with no rebounds.  Put Green out there for thirty minutes and see what he can do.  Or admit you made a mistake and move him Dec. 15. 

[/QUOTE]

I say hell before you admit to the mistake do exactly what you said. Throw him out there for 30+ mins. Have some plays ran for him other than stay posted up in a corner. If it doesn't work out I have no problem saying I was wrong. But I'm not tied up in a 36mil contract either so it'll probably  be easier for me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I keep saying it. When Green gets the minutes, touches and plays CALLED for him and then does squat, then we can evaluate him on that but as long Doc uses him like E.House, how can anyone complain about rebounding and playing in the paint? You can talk about his demeanor or whatever but this team has HUGE problems with rebounding and I recall PP getting ZERO rebounds so if you gonna rag on someone, rag on DOC because the WHOLE team is looking soft and were def. short a Center and I dont see anyone else crashing the boards and making a differense so tell me again why we are scapegoating a guy who hasnt played in a year and also had heart surgery and giving others a pass???

Stop it!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I keep saying it. When Green gets the minutes, touches and plays CALLED for him and then does squat, then we can evaluate him on that but as long Doc uses him like E.House, how can anyone complain about rebounding and playing in the paint? You can talk about his demeanor or whatever but this team has HUGE problems with rebounding and I recall PP getting ZERO rebounds so if you gonna rag on someone, rag on DOC because the WHOLE team is looking soft and were def. short a Center and I dont see anyone else crashing the boards and making a differense so tell me again why we are scapegoating a guy who hasnt played in a year and also had heart surgery and giving others a pass???

Stop it!

[/QUOTE]

I am not complaining I am simply confused he is not being used.  The team is 6-6 and he is supposed to be a key for the team.  He needs to play.    His value if they do need to trade him will be hurt with the way they are handling him.  It appears Doc wants to treat this 36 million dollar player like a second unit guy.  I assumed after we kept him we thought of him differently.  Even with what he has shown in too little time the fall off from expectations is concerning.  This team without a young star is going to struggle big time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stop it!

[/QUOTE]

I am not complaining I am simply confused he is not being used.  The team is 6-6 and he is supposed to be a key for the team.  He needs to play.    His value if they do need to trade him will be hurt with the way they are handling him.  It appears Doc wants to treat this 36 million dollar player like a second unit guy.  I assumed after we kept him we thought of him differently.  Even with what he has shown in too little time the fall off from expectations is concerning.  This team without a young star is going to struggle big time.

[/QUOTE]

Well the fact is, JG has more talent right now then PP, but PP is a Veteran Gamer who can still score because he gets looks and knows where to get his shots. Green comes in and is told to sit at the 3 when he should be immediatley posted. I recall at one point, he drove the rack 3 times easy and kicked the ball out to others so he CAN make plays, but the ball has to go through him. KG aint posting anyone on the reg. anymore so I dont get it. U cant keep him as PPs backup and expect him to shine. He has to play 3 and let PP move to 2 when JG comes in or something. I would rather us be bigger than smaller but I really put this on Doc for not emphasizing Green more and rebounding more. He has such a ho hum demeanor about rebounding and sais stuff like "we just didnt play well" Well thats part of it , No?   smh

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In game one against Miami, Dirty Wade submarined him and he took a nasty fall; hasn't played with much if any determination since then. Yeah, he posturized Big Al but that monster play appears to be the exception that proves the rule so far for this season. IMO, much of the time he looks timid about wanting the ball on either end of the floor. Looks like he doesn't want to take a charge which might be from pain from his operation, or understandable fear; but like a player coming back on a reconstructed knee has to finally just take the cuts and hope the knee holds out (which it does since it's been reconstructed) Jeff has to take the charge, climb over someone's back for a rebound and take the elbow, etc., his heart, his scar and his chest will be fine.  I will note that other than Sully and Lee nobobdy looks like they're willing to a charge on the team; the team defense has been attrocious. So I don't look to scapegoat Jeff because Terry for example hasn't looked good consistently either; but he doesn't look like he's playing scarred (like Jeff does, IMO), just not in the flow.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

The mystery is not Green, it is Doc Rivers and how he uses his players. He is a complete dud and does not have a clue. They had 27 rebounds against the Spurs and three offensive rebounds.

Going small? Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha !!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

When you have to get ONE offensive rebound at the end of the game to save from being part of an embarrasing record, there are bigger problems with the TEAM as opposed to one guy but who is JG following?? He cant be expected to lead so why is he gonna bang the boards when PP is getting Zero or when KG is getting pushed around. Wilcox is the only guy I see husting out there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stop it!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well the fact is, JG has more talent right now then PP, but PP is a Veteran Gamer who can still score because he gets looks and knows where to get his shots. Green comes in and is told to sit at the 3 when he should be immediatley posted. I recall at one point, he drove the rack 3 times easy and kicked the ball out to others so he CAN make plays, but the ball has to go through him. KG aint posting anyone on the reg. anymore so I dont get it. U cant keep him as PPs backup and expect him to shine. He has to play 3 and let PP move to 2 when JG comes in or something. I would rather us be bigger than smaller but I really put this on Doc for not emphasizing Green more and rebounding more. He has such a ho hum demeanor about rebounding and sais stuff like "we just didnt play well" Well thats part of it , No?   smh

[/QUOTE]

You make good points.  Putting Green at the three and Pierce at the two should but probably won't happen.   Pierce is just to embedded in the team's flow and can't adjust to his lack of athleticism.  Doc has to convince playing at the two will help him and  get him his favorite shot the three.  How few times have you seen PP hit the elbow jumper.  Hardly ever.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stop it!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You make good points.  Putting Green at the three and Pierce at the two should but probably won't happen.   Pierce is just to embedded in the team's flow and can't adjust to his lack of athleticism.  Doc has to convince playing at the two will help him and  get him his favorite shot the three.  How few times have you seen PP hit the elbow jumper.  Hardly ever.

[/QUOTE]

The only problem is that guys usually get more minutes when they produce, not because they aren't producing.

I like Green, but the whole "he is playing badly because he doesn't play much" argument has been going on as long as there has been organized sports...and it never results in the guy getting more time.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stop it!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The only problem is that guys usually get more minutes when they produce, not because they aren't producing.

I like Green, but the whole "he is playing badly because he doesn't play much" argument has been going on as long as there has been organized sports...and it never results in the guy getting more time.

[/QUOTE]

That is why I said that I have to believe that Doc and DA know something about the inevitability of JG playing well.  How could guys with this kind of knowledge of NBA players be so wrong? Of course they could be but you have to figure they know more.  If they trade him however we will know we were right.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

That's a good one Kirk6.   You know I'm gonna have to use that one myself sometimes..... Good for Doc.   I'm not gonna give minutes to someone who is gonna make 2 turnovers for each assist either.   What ever happened to the concept of earning minutes.   Most of you just wanna put him in their.   PP has earned a career of minutes.   You say PP is old?   Well, that is the teams that DA has put together for the past few yrs, therefore , this is what we C's fans get.   As for JG?   You can make excuses for him as much as you want.   But, the fact is that the more he plays, the worse the Cs will play (not the other way around).