Nash vs. Rondo - 2011-12 seson

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Nash vs. Rondo - 2011-12 seson

useless drivel anyone could google

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Here, simpleton, this is how you do it:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi

You assume posters have half a brain!!!

I did it today for Wilcox vs Hill - which is a wash!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Next I will teach you cutting and pasting, Simp.

Oh, and there are two parts to basketball, see,

1.  The offense - that is when we have the ball
    2.  The defense - that is when we don't have the ball.

I'll keep taking baby steps for you, Simp, ok??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

Uh..Nash is 38 with a bad back.

Rondo is what?...26?

'Nuf said!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

I am a big Steve Nash fan, but he is one of the worst man defenders in the league. Don't get me wrong, love to have him, but if they're on the same team Rondo starts at point and Nash plays the two. Granted, Rajon Rondo has huge holes in his game - namely, free throws and long range outside shooting (and also occasional defensive lapses), but despite these weaknesses manages to dominate many games because he is simply the best distributing floor general in basketball. No one currently runs a team like Rondo. Rose, Williams, and Paul are all better overall players, but they are also all shoot first point gaurds. Even in his prime Steve Nash was never a factor on the defensive end of the court, but there was a time when he dominated on the offensive end - just not anymore. Still a top ten guy because he has a great head and does so many things fundamentally well, but Rondo is the better player by a good margin. Very few players (Cousy, Stockton, Magic, Jason Kidd, and yes Nash, IN THEIR PRIME) ran a team with the command Rondo displays game in and game out. Nash is 38, and even though he is great shape, and had a solid season last year, he is not the player he once was. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

You may this kind of stuff too easy Tommy with your Laker homerism. 

Here's the question that gets it: if Boston and LA could trade Nash for Rondo straight up, which team would do it? 

The answer is LA would do it in a heartbeat and Boston would never do it. 

The main reason, obviously, is Nash is one of the oldest starting point guards every to lace it up in the NBA. 

Funny how the Lakers starting five matches up favorably against the Celts at almost every position and yet you want to talk about one of the only positions where they clearly don't. 

You're special. 

I'd be interested to see some head to head stats, my eyeball memories are of Rondo blowing past Nash at will and Nash having some trouble getting his shot off against Rondo and Rondo forcing steals. 

Nash was a good pickup for the Lakers but you're really reaching here, you should be more focused on hoping he just makes it through the season without having to spend entire games lying on the sideline. 

Meantime you may want to worry more about Westbrook, he's that guy from OKC who is pretty good who should dominate his matchup with Nash. OKC as you'll recall is the team standing in the way of your team getting through the Western Conference. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Nash vs. Rondo - 2011-12 seson:
    [QUOTE]You may this kind of stuff too easy Tommy with your Laker homerism.  Here's the question that gets it: if Boston and LA could trade Nash for Rondo straight up, which team would do it?  The answer is LA would do it in a heartbeat and Boston would never do it.  The main reason, obviously, is Nash is one of the oldest starting point guards every to lace it up in the NBA.  Funny how the Lakers starting five matches up favorably against the Celts at almost every position and yet you want to talk about one of the only positions where they clearly don't.  You're special.  I'd be interested to see some head to head stats, my eyeball memories are of Rondo blowing past Nash at will and Nash having some trouble getting his shot off against Rondo and Rondo forcing steals.  Nash was a good pickup for the Lakers but you're really reaching here, you should be more focused on hoping he just makes it through the season without having to spend entire games lying on the sideline.  Meantime you may want to worry more about Westbrook, he's that guy from OKC who is pretty good who should dominate his matchup with Nash. OKC as you'll recall is the team standing in the way of your team getting through the Western Conference. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Since you are totally speculating and feeding yet another troll on your own IGNORE list... allow me to join in. I think that Boston would do this trade in a heartbeat. Lakers..... no.

The last time I recall there was even a sniff of interest over the years in another team trading for mercurial Rondo was in  2007 when Minnie wanted R9R thrown in as part of a package deal for KG.

Beyond that.... zilch.... nada.... nothing.

Rondo for Nash???? Just last year, DA sought  to accept a far less favorble deal than that... throwing in Green and pieces and 1st round picks to boot... for a rental CP3. Repeat..... RENTAL!

And the league turned him down... causing DA who initiated the trade attempt to backtrack.

Rondo has  uncertain trade value.

Nash's trade value if far more easily quantified.

Pud

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    I'm not sure what Tommyrules is trying to say.
    If you compare stats:
    SN: PPG=12.5, AST=10.7, TO=3.7, STL=.6, Reb=3.0, FT=89.4, age=27
    RR: PPG=11.9, AST=11.7, TO=3.6, STL=1.8, Reb=4.8, FT=59.7, age=39

So, the only category SN is way ahead is FT, the rest is either practically even or he's behind.

But, as previous posters noted, it's much more appropriate to compare SN to RW or SN of previous 3-4 years. For the former the picture is more or less even except, of course, PPG(23.6/12.5) and age(24/38). For the latter it looks sad: you can beat any opponent except one - father time.
    And I'm sorry for Tommyrules as well: he picked a discussion that's been lost even before he started it.

AK

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

To put it in LA fan terms it is like comparing Jack Nicholson to Tom Cruise! Jack (Nash) had his moments and periodically still shows glimpses of greatness, but not as often as in the past. Tom (Rondo) on the other hand, is in his prime and stars in blockbuster after blockbuster each year! With the above stated, both are respected actors, but the torch has clearly been passed to the younger generation!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to "Re: Nash vs. Rondo - 2011-12 seson": [QUOTE]Nash > Rondo I want a point guard that can shoot and hit open 3's consistently. Unfortunately, our point guard cannot hit anything outside of 4 feet with consistentsy. Ugh!! Posted by GoGREEN![/QUOTE] Doobie! I see you stepped out of the smoke circle! Welcome back man!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In Response to Re: Nash vs. Rondo - 2011-12 seson:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nash vs. Rondo - 2011-12 seson : Thanks bro! I tend to stay off the computer on the weekends and enjoy my friends and family.
    Posted by GoGREEN![/QUOTE]
    that's nice, green. now that we know what a regular guy you are on weekends, make sure your friends and family know what a tool you are during the week.Laughing

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.