Nash vs. Rondo - 2011-12 seson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Nash vs. Rondo - 2011-12 seson

So then we all agree, Nash is the better offensive player, Rondo is the better defensive player?

Good!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Nash vs. Rondo - 2011-12 seson:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nash vs. Rondo - 2011-12 seson : And can we agree that Bogut and Marc Gasol aren't better defensive players then Chandler is, as that website showed they are? Good!
    Posted by TommyRules[/QUOTE]

Soooooo, we can all agree Nash is a better offensive player, and Rondo is a better defensive player, which is the topic of this thread!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

So, you agree Rondo is the better defensive player?

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nash vs. Rondo - 2011-12 seson : Since I have to do all your research for you.  Let me know if you need me to explain anything to you. First, let me explain OCS. It is a combination of three statistics: the Offensive rating system developed by Dean Oliver (which can be found at basketball-reference.com), PER production (found on the team pages at 82games.com), and offensive plus-minus, found at basketballvalue.com. I then adjust offensive rating and PER production for position. Next, I add up the three z-scores for the three stats for each player and multiply them by 10. After adjusting for playing time (whether or not most of it is against starters or benchwarmers), Offensive Composite Score is complete. Offensive ratings are an incredible measure of efficiency. PER also measures efficiency but takes into account players with higher usage rates. +/- is a great indicator of how well a player is fitting into his team and helping them offensively. The average score is set at 0.   -40 and below: Terrible -40 to -20: Very bad -20 to 0: Below average 0 to 20: Above average 20 to 40: Very good 40+: Elite   Player rank percentiles were also included to get a relative value of each player. Next is an explanation of DCS. DCS uses the mirror statistics of the three used for OCS. Instead of Offensive rating, it uses a very similar Defensive rating. Instead of PER, it uses counterpart PER, which is basically the PER accumulated by a player's defensive matchups. Finally, instead of offensive plus-minus, I use defensive plus-minus. The scores are on the same scale as OCS. Composite Score (CS) is a combination of OCS and DCS. Counterpart PER, and PER were found at 82games.com. PER, or Player Efficiency Rating, was developed by John Hollinger. Offensive and defensive ratings, which were developed by Dean Oliver, were obtained from basketball-reference.com. Adjusted plus-minus can be found at basketballvalue.com. Player names and positions were obtained from dougstats.com. I used an adjustment for starters based on the formula developed at the APBRmetrics message board. Glossary of terms on stats pages: OCS - Offensive Composite Score OCS Rank - How a player ranks offensively among all the players in the league that qualify (at least 500 minutes played) DCS - Defensive Composite Score DCS Rank - How a player ranks defensively among all the players in the league that qualify CS - Composite Score (OCS + DCS) CS Rank - How a player ranks overall among all the players in the league that qualify
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

+ 2! You explained it very well! It appears Tommy is a bit challenged, or jaded, or both!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

"Funniest" line of the day - "those aren't real stats, they are just numbers."

HA HA HA!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nash vs. Rondo - 2011-12 seson : Thanks you. And oh so true... Did you know that Rubio is the best defensive point guard in the NBA. ROFLMAO.

No, I didn't.  But I DO know that if Nash were ranked higher you would put a lot more validity in those stats!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nash vs. Rondo - 2011-12 seson : So, is Rubio the best defensive point guard in the NBA? Is he better then Westbrook? What about Rondo? Is Bogut the best defensive center in the NBA, better then Howard and Chandler? You can't rate defense off of a players plus/minus.

You asked for stats. I gave you stats.

I am not saying the stats are correct.

I am sayiing that you have proven yourself to be a moron.  You don't know that Nash is bad, and you don't know bogut is good.

It's sad really.

I am done discussing hoops with you dude.   I did try.  I hang in there even with the freakiest losers on here.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I think most smart Lakers fans don't see Nash as more than a servicable PG. You can only go so far with a PG that is that bad of the dribble.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nash vs. Rondo - 2011-12 seson : right... right....
    Yes Nash is a world class diffender. Man Lakers fan are really detached.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nash vs. Rondo - 2011-12 seson : Never. I don't agree with those numbers. Every one I looked at is a joke. Different years and different positions. Russel lWestbrook and Chris Paul would have a lot to say about Rubio being ranked as the #1 point guard. You can't pick out one name (Nash) and claim it is true and ignore the other laughable nuimbers. It is like trying to rank how great players are by their +/- number.

Shonasty puts no stock in the 36 min stats, and you put no stock in Snake's stats.  majic(KingShaq)mvp asks for sources, I give him FOUR, and he still claims to have won the argument.  Snake is right, there is just no dealing with you people.....................

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nash vs. Rondo - 2011-12 seson : This thread is about their offensive stats. Get over it it. And, nobody cares how long you have used that handle...
    no, this thread is about whatever you can do to focus a Celtics forum on their punk-azz little brothers from LA/Minneapolis. For the LAST TIME, the Lakers are so irrelevant next year. They are not winning the West. The Heat are relevant.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.