Nash vs. Rondo - 2011-12 seson

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

Re: Nash vs. Rondo - 2011-12 seson

In Response to Re: Nash vs. Rondo - 2011-12 seson:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nash vs. Rondo - 2011-12 seson : These are not real stats. Rebounds are stats. Points are stats. +/- is a stat.
    Posted by TommyRules[/QUOTE]
    here's a stat for you: 17 to 12. Here's anonther: 9-3. Here's a question: Name a great PG in NBA history who was still dominant at 39. Ahhhhh.......yeah.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nash vs. Rondo - 2011-12 seson : These are not real stats. Rebounds are stats. Points are stats. +/- is a stat.

My simple friend.

The only reason I looked for stats to show that Nash is not good on Defense is that you did not know it.

I wasn't trying to prove anything to you, I was just trying to help you understand something everyone knows.  Unlike others here I am not angry or bothered by you.  Just amazed that I spent so much time on something just because you don't have the knowledge to say " yeah nash isn't good on D"  just like I can say "yeah Rondo can't make a jump shot"

I could care less about the stats.  I was trying to help you.  Not prove something to you.  Wow.  Everyone knows Nash isn't good on D and Rondo can't shoot.  So yeah, no more arguing with you man.  it is a complete waste of time.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Another variable to consider is fit on a team!

Rondo, plays for a team that puts the ball in his hands and expects him to run the offense and make plays! His coach believes in his abilities 100%

Nash, is playing for a team with a selfish SG who has never played without the ball in his hands! In addition, he is playing for a coach that is about to install a Princeton style offense that IS NOT designed to enhance PG play!

A statement on this topic from laker.topbuzz.com:

"Some offense where Nash doesn't have the ball and lots of freedom? Well, that's just putting the hummingbird back in the sandwich bag, and who'd do a thing like that?"

Who? (wait for it)

The offensive genius, that is Mike Brown!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Nash vs Rondo. Please!! If you wanna compare nash to a celtics pg, use our backup pg jason terry.

Terry
    last season
    15ppg 4apg  43% 38% 88%
    career
    16.1ppg  5apg 45% 38% 85%

Nash last season
    12.5ppg 10apg 53% 39% 89%
    career
    14.5ppg 8apg 49% 42% 90%

Pretty comparable. TO OUR BACKUP!!!!!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Then how come terry is our backup? Why was rondo voted 8th in mvp voting? That goes to show u there are more important things than fg%. Rondo is a better passer, rebounder, penetrator and defender. But nash can sure shoot like our backup pg.

PS: Rondo has a career fg% of 48% to nash's 49%. NUFF SAID.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Dooling is the backup PG........Terry will be in for Lee..........Bradley will be the backup PG when he returns.  Nash was a great player, now he is a good player.  Rondo has gotten better every year.......and he MAY have a breakthrough year this year!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I dont think so. I think terry is gonna get a lot of backup pg minutes especially when avery comes back. Avery flourished as a sg, I think that experiment at pg  is over. Hes a much better player off the ball, with his back door cuts and corner 3's. Things he cant do as a pg.

Terry on the other hand is a good ball handler and a pretty good distributor with a career avg of round 5 apg.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]I dont think so. I think terry is gonna get a lot of backup pg minutes especially when avery comes back. Avery flourished as a sg, I think that experiment at pg  is over. Hes a much better player off the ball, with his back door cuts and corner 3's. Things he cant do as a pg. Terry on the other hand is a good ball handler and a pretty good distributor with a career avg of round 5 apg.
    Posted by gman101019[/QUOTE]

Well, maybe Terry will be the backup when Avery returns......I'll give you that, but right now, Dooling is the backup to Rondo, and Lee and Terry will man the SG position.  Either way, that is four very good guards.......and Dooling!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

gang green aka go green who is a fradulent celtics fan,

rondo better rebounder than nash
    rondo better passer than nash
    rondo better defender than nash
    rondo faster can score more than nash
    nash can only shoot better than nash..

how is nash gona score when he cant get open????
    NEWS FLASH : hes not.....
    tommy rules, go green, big 4.. lol
    lets see go greens lying response in 3,2,1......

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

So far in his career, Rondo has not needed to be a big time scorer.  He scores in transition.  In the half court set, he is happy setting up the good shooters we have.  The whole thing is stupid. Nash is great at what he does, so is Rondo.  And if they switched teams, they both would still be great........5 years ago, I would take Nash.  Two years ago I WANTED Nash......but right now I'd rather have Rondo.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nash vs. Rondo - 2011-12 seson : I never said Nash will be greater then Rondo this year. Nash is a better offensive player and Rondo is a better defensive player. You do quite well in making yourself look ignorant.

Wrong!  Nash WAS a better offensive player.  When he was the best player on his team and the focal point of offense, he was a better offensive player.  The issue is not how good a player Nash is?  The issue is that Kome does not do well in a free wheeling offense.  He is excellent in deliberate offense.  And he is not going to change.

So get ready for a year where Nash will be a worse offensive and a pathetic defensive player as compared to Rondo.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkFenX89. Show DarkFenX89's posts

Does it matter? Nash isn't even going to touch the ball next season.

Why?

Because this:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/525765_10150638004236840_21785951839_9538261_602545983_n.jpg

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nash vs. Rondo - 2011-12 seson : Your responses get nuttier and nuttier. Nash doesn't need to be dominant. LA would be happy with 12 ppg, 11 apg, 50% FG, 38% 3PT, 88% FT. That is all they need. Besides Nash LA has the 3rd best player in the NBA, the 7-10th player and the 20th-30th best player.
    OK, Mr. Stat geek. You slam my response but ignored the bulk of it. the bulk of my post was 17 to 12. 9-3. Do you remember why these stats are significant? Also, rankings are just some shlub's opinion. They are not evidence of anything. Rondo is better than nash is period. Stuff your selective etats up your selective sphincter.