Nate Antics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Nate Antics

To me it looked like PP didn't want any part of Robinson.  Looks like Nate is over-
    trying to be "one of the Celtics..." and it's not happening.

Coach needs to have a little "chat" with Nate and suggest the elimination of his bowling ball celebration technique...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Re: Nate Antics

What is this?? If you WATCHED the video, Paul didn't even SEE Nate jumping behind him.

Paul was in the zone at the time running around because he just stuck a dagger in Stoudemire's heart. He probably didn't even feel Nate touching him he was so pumped.

Another "Manufactured Controversy"...

Undecided

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

I agree with Wayne. I saw PP and he really looked like he was into it. Sorry for Nate though, that must have hurt!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

Nate is going to send someone to the disabled list with a back injury

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Regarding his play aginst the Pacers, two assists in 42 minutes won't get the offense into any kind of a flow. Boy, what an ugly game to watch!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Id stay the strategy is letting PP run the offense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Nate Antics:
    [QUOTE] Regarding his play aginst the Pacers, two assists in 42 minutes won't get the offense into any kind of a flow. Boy, what an ugly game to watch!
    Posted by trouts[/QUOTE]

people knock nate for being a midget 2 and then still expect him to lay out the dimes.  all told, he scored some, was pesky on defense and that's what the nate does.   if he ends up with 6 or 7 dimes then it's a bonus more than a regularity. 

in case you haven't noticed, we're leaning on pierce right now to play the point forward and the results so far have been fine.  and nate's been scoring and carrying his load.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I think some of the fans here are did not see the game. When the Celtics couldn't score it was Nate who did the scoring in the 2nd half. Nate kept the Pacers at bay until Pierce, Ray, and Baby got it going again.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]The Celtics are undefeated with Nate starting. He's playing well.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Is Bradley playing well too?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I still Nate needs to distribute the ball a little more.  Paul is good running the offense, but Nate as the point guard needs to get everyone involved the best he can.  I would still prefer Rondo in over Nate to save Pierces legs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

I think Nate had a GR8 game today..made some key shots 
    and got a Tommy Award for chasing down that loose ball and passing it to CPP whom passed it to RA for 2 pts.

How many TOs did he make today??

He shoots too much sometimes  but he is a pretty good fill in for RR

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Nate is a good replacement for an injured Rondo and an even better secret weapon for the offense when points are needed.  He comes in and creates when few on this team can.  He will be invaluable this year in what turns out was a good trade by Danny.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nate Antics : Is Bradley playing well too?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

thats looooowwwwww

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

Nate is a nice addition to the C's but clearly he is a backup kind of guy. I agree that the other vets don't want him to control the ball. Hence all the outlets to Paul and Ray when Nate was free to get it.

I trust Paul and Ray and Kevin to know who should get the ball and they have spoken by selecting Rondo.

Let's stop the nonsense. Rondo is the man.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Stop the hate on Nate!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]What is this?? If you WATCHED the video, Paul didn't even SEE Nate jumping behind him. Paul was in the zone at the time running around because he just stuck a dagger in Stoudemire's heart. He probably didn't even feel Nate touching him he was so pumped. Another "Manufactured Controversy"...
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

I have always thought of Pierce as a poor man's elite player and a player whose ego did not match his game, i.e. that his game did not match his perspective / opinion of his game (not to the degree that the difference between both Perk's and Rondo's games differ from their perspective, i.e. the chasm between Rondo's and Perk's opinion of their game and their actual game can be seen from space - larger than the Grand Canyon).

However, in his latter year's he seems to have matured a bit and at this stage of his career he is absolutely playing better than he ever has.  Granted he is playing with some great players but he has elevated his game to a new level.

These last few games he has shown that he is absolutely one of the elite players in the league.  He seems to make every shot, contested or otherwise.  He seems to have taken the rebounding responsibility a lot more seriously and he is looking like Larry legend taking on the point forward position.

They are moving the ball beautifully and their general unselfishness and trust is amazing.

Anyway, Nate's antics show his entusiasm but at the same time Paul does not want anyway to be getting any attention - so?  So Paul ignores Donkey and does not allow Donkey to share any of the spotlight because Paul goes into "I am the hero here, get away from me while I am basking in the glow of winning this game".....  that is how I sum it up.  And, I am glad.  As I said prior, I think at this stage he has elevated his game to a new level and I think that Donkey trying to get face time is silly but at the same time, Donkey is still trying to fit in and be part of the team.

When all is said and done, the whole thing is a fascinating study in ego, personality, leadership, etc.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nate Antics : I have always thought of Pierce as a poor man's elite player and a player whose ego did not match his game, i.e. that his game did not match his perspective / opinion of his game (not to the degree that the difference between both Perk's and Rondo's games differ from their perspective, i.e. the chasm between Rondo's and Perk's opinion of their game and their actual game can be seen from space - larger than the Grand Canyon). However, in his latter year's he seems to have matured a bit and at this stage of his career he is absolutely playing better than he ever has.  Granted he is playing with some great players but he has elevated his game to a new level. These last few games he has shown that he is absolutely one of the elite players in the league.  He seems to make every shot, contested or otherwise.  He seems to have taken the rebounding responsibility a lot more seriously and he is looking like Larry legend taking on the point forward position. They are moving the ball beautifully and their general unselfishness and trust is amazing. Anyway, Nate's antics show his entusiasm but at the same time Paul does not want anyway to be getting any attention - so?  So Paul ignores Donkey and does not allow Donkey to share any of the spotlight because Paul goes into "I am the hero here, get away from me while I am basking in the glow of winning this game".....  that is how I sum it up.  And, I am glad.  As I said prior, I think at this stage he has elevated his game to a new level and I think that Donkey trying to get face time is silly but at the same time, Donkey is still trying to fit in and be part of the team. When all is said and done, the whole thing is a fascinating study in ego, personality, leadership, etc.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

What a ridiculous comment.  You don't score 20,000 points in this league without an ego.  He will end up as the All-Time leading scorer on the Celtics.  Name ONE team he could not start on other than Miami.  And if he played with MeBron, MeBron would play the 1 or 2.  He is an elite player, he does have an ego - and we are happy he does.  He delivers more times than not, and did so even when the team was terrible.  This is supposed to be about Nate's antics, which I also love by the way - he wears his emotions on his sleeve - a great role player!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nate Antics : What a ridiculous comment.  You don't score 20,000 points in this league without an ego.  He will end up as the All-Time leading scorer on the Celtics.  Name ONE team he could not start on other than Miami.  And if he played with MeBron, MeBron would play the 1 or 2.  He is an elite player, he does have an ego - and we are happy he does.  He delivers more times than not, and did so even when the team was terrible.  This is supposed to be about Nate's antics, which I also love by the way - he wears his emotions on his sleeve - a great role player!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Wow.... actually he delivers less often than Ray Allen and statistically he misses more game winning shots than Ray Allen.

Of course you want to put Paul on a pedestal but in reality he is generally a 2nd or 3rd team NBA star.  So I am sure you cannot even comprehend that but it is the silly actual reality.  You can compare him to irrelevant players and then say "how can you not say Pierce is not an elite player?" and what I say is there are better players at his position and that the irrelevant players are simply that.

Pierce has always been a second tier player.  When I say second tier, I mean there are higher level players.

I am not saying that Pierce belongs in the small forward conversation with mbah-moute, redd, etc.  But there is a first tier and a second tier and a thrid tier he has always been second tier..... you may want to check the voting and the all-star games, etc.  He is a second tier player because there have always been players that are as good if not better.  For the last 7 years (LeBron is in year 8) Pierce has been a second tier player - SORRY......

All I am saying is that he has elevated his game this year and to suggest otherwise is simply silly.

You remind me very much of my 73 year old stepfather who thinks that every night the Celtics play the Washington Generals - the Celtics should win every night and when they don't it is some sort of miracle and that every position the Celtics have a decided advantage and then when they play an actual good team or a team that decides to ignore Rondo that something the Cs did caused the loss.

In reality the other team had better players at certain positions and as a result of being able to layoff Rondo a player was taken out of the game - as he would say "oh jeez Ray scored 35 the other night and tonight he was terrible" and then when I say " the other team decided Ray was not going to beat them tonight and doubled off Rondo" he is stymied and wondered how the Cetlics could not beat the Washington Generals once again.

If I was Danny and someone presented Gay, Mayo, Conley, and Gasol for whatever the Grizz wanted I would say "sign here"...  the green glasses and myopic vision of what goes on in the league each night is just stupid and of course your view of where Pierce actually ranks......

OMG Perk is one of the best young centers in the league and blah blah blah.... well unless of course I can have either Lopez, Noah, Hibbert, Howard, Horford, Jason Thomspon, Mahinmi, Chandler, Hawes, and the list goes on and then of course you and other say "that is not blah blah blah...."..... yes blah blah blah... Perk has almost no value but posters like you overvalue the Cs talent....
       do you think you could find one Celtics player that when pressed think that a trade that sends Perk to Indy in exchange for Hibbert would be a really bad thing?  Not even a remote possibility.

Pierce has always been a 2nd option in the all-star game and will continue to be and all I have said is that he has escalated his game and is in the same discussion with the actual first team players. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Dudder and his long diatribes......LOL!!!!!

Pierce at his current age may be 2nd Tier, but in his prime he was amongst the best at his position.  Look back over the last three seasons on who takes the game winning shots and who Doc trusts with the ball in crunch time. I do understand that there are better players at all 5 positions out there right now that could replace anyone on the Celtics roster.  Its not about that.  Each player fits within the system and it is firing on all cylinders despite the injuries.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maverick685. Show maverick685's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nate Antics : Wow.... actually he delivers less often than Ray Allen and statistically he misses more game winning shots than Ray Allen. Of course you want to put Paul on a pedestal but in reality he is generally a 2nd or 3rd team NBA star.  So I am sure you cannot even comprehend that but it is the silly actual reality.  You can compare him to irrelevant players and then say "how can you not say Pierce is not an elite player?" and what I say is there are better players at his position and that the irrelevant players are simply that. Pierce has always been a second tier player.  When I say second tier, I mean there are higher level players. I am not saying that Pierce belongs in the small forward conversation with mbah-moute, redd, etc.  But there is a first tier and a second tier and a thrid tier he has always been second tier..... you may want to check the voting and the all-star games, etc.  He is a second tier player because there have always been players that are as good if not better.  For the last 7 years (LeBron is in year 8) Pierce has been a second tier player - SORRY...... All I am saying is that he has elevated his game this year and to suggest otherwise is simply silly. You remind me very much of my 73 year old stepfather who thinks that every night the Celtics play the Washington Generals - the Celtics should win every night and when they don't it is some sort of miracle and that every position the Celtics have a decided advantage and then when they play an actual good team or a team that decides to ignore Rondo that something the Cs did caused the loss. In reality the other team had better players at certain positions and as a result of being able to layoff Rondo a player was taken out of the game - as he would say "oh jeez Ray scored 35 the other night and tonight he was terrible" and then when I say " the other team decided Ray was not going to beat them tonight and doubled off Rondo" he is stymied and wondered how the Cetlics could not beat the Washington Generals once again. If I was Danny and someone presented Gay, Mayo, Conley, and Gasol for whatever the Grizz wanted I would say "sign here"...  the green glasses and myopic vision of what goes on in the league each night is just stupid and of course your view of where Pierce actually ranks...... OMG Perk is one of the best young centers in the league and blah blah blah.... well unless of course I can have either Lopez, Noah, Hibbert, Howard, Horford, Jason Thomspon, Mahinmi, Chandler, Hawes, and the list goes on and then of course you and other say "that is not blah blah blah...."..... yes blah blah blah... Perk has almost no value but posters like you overvalue the Cs talent....    do you think you could find one Celtics player that when pressed think that a trade that sends Perk to Indy in exchange for Hibbert would be a really bad thing?  Not even a remote possibility. Pierce has always been a 2nd option in the all-star game and will continue to be and all I have said is that he has escalated his game and is in the same discussion with the actual first team players. 
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE/]
    Would you please remind me who got the Finals MVP in 2008?  It must have been Kobe, right?  'Cause he's a 1st tier player, right?  Oh... wait... Not only did Kobe not get it but in the last game Rajon Rondo (who, apparently, is terrible according to Rondo bashers, probably including you, dudder) beat Kobe in every category.
    And why would you say anything as stupid as taking gay, mayo, conley, and gasol?? Guess what, another team already has them... and they can't even make the playoffs.  That's right, they already have all four of them.  Do you think giving them green jerseys will make them contenders?  Normally I refrain from insulting people in forums but that's just crazy.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Just appreciate the game of Nate we know already his forte and that is the pull-up 3 pointers which is really good speacially during the break I dont really expect him for a dimes ever since but I expect him to make surprise 3 points shot. He is big time on doing that.

"No Body Does It Better Than The Boston Celtics"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

In one of the recent games, Nate knocks the ball away from the opponent from behind, gets around the guy and dives on the ball before 2 opponents that are closer than he is to the ball, then jumpes over another opponent to rip the ball away from him, to save the posession.  I don't remember what team they were playing, but I remember thinking after the game that if Nate doesn't make that play, they wouldn't have won the game.  That kind of play comes up as basically nothing in the stat line, but fires up your whole team and changes the game.  I think it is up to the coach to get the most out of the players talents/abilities, and having players that fired up to play hard and win and compete -- puts a team with a ton of injuries on a 13 game winning streak.  Nicely done so far.