Nate or House?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Nate or House?

I don't know who's better.  In the role of shooter, House is better.  Nate was supposed to create.  He doesn't do it as well as I thought he would so that parts a bust in my opinion.

Looking back, I don't think we gained nor lost.  It was a wash.....except that we lost Bill Walker in the trade and he could have helped us.  Give House the shots that Nate has had in the last 10 games and House makes more of them.  However, House would struggle more on D and could not come close to substituting on point guard when Rondo was hurt.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Nate is better.  He is playing out of position now, and will do so until West comes back.  When that happens, Nate will again flourish for the reasons you have mentioned.  Defense, being a pest, and he can create his own shot.  Remember, he was very consistent at the beginning of the year, and even led the team in scoring a few times when he started.  I think Nate will be fine once West comes back......................when will that be, btw?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I agree I think it is a wash right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Waker doesn't play any D.  Therefore, he is perfect for them, and wouldn't help us at all, because he wouldn't play a lick for Doc.

Eddie House 27 0 16.0 .417 .440 .938 .20 1.20 1.40 1.2 .56 .04 .44 1.20 5.9

Nate Robinson 39 11 19.7 .425 .364 .800 .30 1.50 1.80 2.3 .36 .10 1.31 2.00 8.0

Not a wash, IMO, and Nate has been in a slump lately.  He was close to 10 per game a while ago.  House is also 32, while Nate is 26...........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Nate is better because he can create his own shot.   When Delonte is back and hopefully whole he will be better than both of them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Nate is better.  No way this team would have survived with Houseas point guard. Also House has been in a slump.  Walker hasn't lit the Garden on fire....Where is Giddens?  It was an upgrade.  We have a dual threat in Nate where House is a one dimensional player.  Loved House whle he was here, but he is now gone along with Posey, Moore, Sheldon, Cassell, PJ brown, Powe, Wallace, hudson, Giddens, House, Pruitt, and Marbury.

Let's face it, NO FORMER CELTIC IS WALKING THROUGH THOSE DOORS!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Nate can play the point guard position to a certain extent. He's not good at playing point, but he works in a pinch. House couldn't play point at all and other teams knew this as they pressured him in the back court causing turnovers.
        I think House is a better pure shooter and is better at moving to an open area without having the ball. House also played for about half the money Nate is getting. 
        Their abilities are different and what they bring to the court. However during Rondo's absence, House would not fit the bill at the pg spot. Nate at least can handle the position of pg.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Unfortunately its still too early to know how valuable Nate might be. Hes played most of his time with the Celtics as a PG... clearly not the best position for him.  He cant handle it mentally..... and his natural instincts are kept in check.

We need to see DWest & Nate as a tandem... that releases alot of responsibility for Nate and lets him get back to scoring & creating...

That said, Nate still better at PG than Eddie and much better defensively.

What House brought was a terrifying shot that helped us win a title. His dead-eye was huge for us, especially in many playoff games..

More importantly, Eddie was always there in the big spot. He hit BIG SHOTS!! Cant underestimate the value of a player like that.

So, Im with most here feeling the jury is still out. Also, when we traded Eddie, he wasnt playing very well... his shot went south. With Miami, his minutes have fallen since early in the season...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Is it me or does it seem like the only time Nate hits shots is when we are blowing people out.  It seems like it snowballs  when we get a good size lead and Nate seems to play well.  When its a close game or good team it seems like he can't hit the broad side of a barn.  Hope I am wrong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SusanLovesCelts. Show SusanLovesCelts's posts

Personally I liked Eddie more but Nate has been pretty good.  When House got hot, he was incredible. But yeah, when D West comes back, he should be better than either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Nate is better because he can create his own shot" yep. Nate is more versatile. You could press house and get the ball out of his hands, Nate's ball handling is way better than House's. 

The one thing House had was the occasional hot streak that was deadly from the outside and helped to space the floor. Having a three point sharpshooter off the bench is a nice thing.