Nate Robinsons disappearing act

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Nate Robinsons disappearing act

Nate, what the heck has happened to you?

His minutes have been falling, even after Rondos return.. his shot has vanished, his entire game diminished.  This has been going on for too long now.

Last night vs Bulls...Nates line is 10 min, 0-2 FG, zero points, zero rebounds, zero assists, 1 turnover, 2 personal fouls and got abused covering Rose..as did Rondo

THis is not the same Nate Robinson we saw in the playoffs... THis is not the same Nate hes been his entire career shooting the ball.

The only thing I can thing of is DOc using him so much this season as a PG has melted down his game. Hes trying to do waht a PG is supposed to do... and with that comes alot of leadership and management of the team...  that extra responsibility has apparently over loaded him. 

He still hustles but aside from that, his game has gone poof!!

Hoping DWests return gets the old Nate back...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Nate Robinsons disappearing act

We have to learn not to get too excited about the games where our players are having great games and doing well........and likewise not get too worried when they are having bad games and doing poorly.  Over the long haul, we just have to believe that all of this will balance itself out and if it doesn't, Danny will make a move to improve the team.

I think Nate's troubles are temporary, as was BBD's poor shooting on the second night of a back to back when he was a starter and playing starter minutes against another team's starter.  Nate can't play Rose.  BBD can't play Boozer for any extended period.  

I believe that's all it is......let's hope I'm right!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Nates shooting problems have been most all season long. HEs a few good games here and there but in general, his shot has been awful. I wish it was just the Bulls game'

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I think you'd be surprised at Nate's actual stats.  I just looked them up:

On the Road, shooting percentage is 46%;  at home its 41% (18 games each)

As a starter, he shot 47%;   as a sub, he's shot 40% (25 games as a sub)

In games we won; Nate shot 46%; In games we lost he shot 35%.

3 point shooting:  October.... 1 for 9 or 11%; Nov. 4 for 18 or 44%; 23 for 62 or 37%; Jan. 10 for 25 or 40%.

My point is he's all over the place.   I don't think its been all season.  He's off and on.  I was very surprised he shot better as a starter than as a sub!  He's also shot well in our wins.   Seems he's right there with the rest of the team....in losses - he's like BBD and Shaq and others.....not coming through.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Tom Heinsohn addressed this a week or two ago by pointing out Nate in the spirit of team first was looking for other players to pass to.  When his role is to come and get shots primarily.  When he was subbing for Rondo it made sense for him to pass like a regular point guard now, on the second unit Nate however should come in and try to score and break down the opposition that way.  He needs to be more selfish as he was on the Knicks .  I think he will be eventually but his shooting has been terrible which I believe is due to not being aggressive with his own offense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Nate Robinsons disappearing act:
    [QUOTE]I think you'd be surprised at Nate's actual stats.  I just looked them up: On the Road, shooting percentage is 46%;  at home its 41% (18 games each) As a starter, he shot 47%;   as a sub, he's shot 40% (25 games as a sub) In games we won; Nate shot 46%; In games we lost he shot 35%. 3 point shooting:  October.... 1 for 9 or 11%; Nov. 4 for 18 or 44%; 23 for 62 or 37%; Jan. 10 for 25 or 40%. My point is he's all over the place.   I don't think its been all season.  He's off and on.  I was very surprised he shot better as a starter than as a sub!  He's also shot well in our wins.   Seems he's right there with the rest of the team....in losses - he's like BBD and Shaq and others.....not coming through.  
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Nov. 4 for 18  isnt 44%, its 22%.

Nate has the 3rd lowest FG% on the Celtics, only Wafer & AB are lower.. this from a guy who's "specialty & greatest value" is shooting. Whats as disturbing is Nate has missed a tremendous amount of wide open, uncontested jumpers.

Stats dont always tell the story... for example, one hot game can offset 3 poor ones and getting alot of layups can pad a players FG%, just look at Rondo.

Nates definitely struggling with his jumper and has been most of the season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Celtics have a month and a half to decide whether Nate is worth keeping or not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

Nate will be ok once Delonte comes back.  I think having him run the pg position is not his game, and forces Pierce to bring up the ball to often, which slows down the Celts' offense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

NATE WILL BE FINE... just what he has always been. thats y he is coming off the bench. unless his shot is falling, he has no value. once cold, doc can go away from him for he seldom reheats. nate can go 3 or 4 hot games but lose it for 4-5 games too. he is what he is. still valuable if you grasp his limitations and history. he will reheat soon as always!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nate Robinsons disappearing act : Nov. 4 for 18  isnt 44%, its 22%. Nate has the 3rd lowest FG% on the Celtics, only Wafer & AB are lower.. this from a guy who's "specialty & greatest value" is shooting. Whats as disturbing is Nate has missed a tremendous amount of wide open, uncontested jumpers.   Stats dont always tell the story... for example, one hot game can offset 3 poor ones and getting alot of layups can pad a players FG%, just look at Rondo. Nates definitely struggling with his jumper and has been most of the season.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

That's right on the Nov data.  My bad - typo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Hopefully West will be back soon to relieve Nate and he can get back to his natural position.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Hopefully West will be back soon to relieve Nate and he can get back to his natural position.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't count on West too much.  He seems to be injury prone.  I still would prefer a good PG to back up RR.  I know they are hard to come by.  Its just that we have needed one for 3 years and still don't have one. I don't consider West a PG although he can do it sometimes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nate Robinsons disappearing act : I wouldn't count on West too much.  He seems to be injury prone.  I still would prefer a good PG to back up RR.  I know they are hard to come by.  Its just that we have needed one for 3 years and still don't have one. I don't consider West a PG although he can do it sometimes.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

I love DWest's game but he is also prone to manic episodes, Carrying guns on motorcycles and banging Lebrons Mom.  The reason he is playing for the vets minimum this year is because no one was sure they could count on him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Look at the Facts.  Nate has disappeared in January.

This month he is shooting 34% FG  --  26% "3" 's  --  1.3 Assists  --  5.2 Pts..

Biggest mistake ever was trying to make Nate the back-up PG.  He lost all confidence and screwed up his head and shooting judgement.

Hope when Delonte gets back that Nate will only be shooter off the bench.  Better for him and better for the team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Nate 1-7 vs Houston 
           0-2 vs Bulls      
    SMH