NBA Citizenship Awardee Clothesline Barea in the Grill!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: NBA Citizenship Awardee Clothesline Barea in the Grill!!!

In Response to NBA Citizenship Awardee Clothesline Barea in the Grill!!!:
    [QUOTE]With 24.4 seconds left in the Mavericks' 93-81 win over the Lakers on Tuesday, Artest reached out with his right hand and grabbed Mavericks guard  Jose Juan Barea  by the face and basically clotheslined him. Artest was immediately ejected after picking up his second technical foul. http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6483153 Ron Artest got the award because of mental health issues? HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Agree that it was a very bad decision for Artest to do this.  He will most likely be suspended for the next game.   The Lakers will miss him if he can't play in their next game.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Artest represents their best defensive option to guard Dirk Nowitzki...

I hope Dallas goes up 3-0 because 2-1 givest the Lakers hope that the Mavs will collapse like they always do

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

[QUOTE]With 24.4 seconds left in the Mavericks' 93-81 win over the Lakers on Tuesday, Artest reached out with his right hand and grabbed Mavericks guard  Jose Juan Barea  by the face and basically clotheslined him. Artest was immediately ejected after picking up his second technical foul. http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6483153 Ron Artest got the award because of mental health issues? HAHAHA!!!

Fierce, don't forget Mr. Big Shot LakerMan or Nation, probably the same guy, warned us with the low class "kill" t-shirts. I guess they were serious. KG was suspended last year for much less of a so-called elbow. Let's see if Mr. Stern has the courage to suspend a bad boy on his ratings generating Hollywood team.

Never been a Dirk fan, however maybe Dirk and Mark Cuban can be good guys for another week.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

CeltsSox, I'm a diehard fan of the Celtics but please don't be a "homer".  Last season, KG elbowed Q Richardson intentionally and deserved to be suspended.  I would not call what KG did a "so-called elbow" by comparison.  They both were bad!

Now to Artest.  He's a bum and there is no place in the game for that.  Not to even compare that with KG's elbow last season because one has nothing to do with the other, but Artest HAS to get suspended.  I'd be very surprised if he isn't.

Honestly, the foul was called on Odom but I would have hit Artest with a flagrant 2 anyway (I know you just cannot do that).  Odom bailed Artest out by fouling Barea first but I wonder had Artest NOT gotten his first technical earlier if that play would have resulted in his ejection.

He got ejected for getting his second technical.  He wasn't called for a flagrant or anything on that play.  I guess you cannot get called for a flagrant after the whistle.

I bet Artest is going to contend that he was attempting to stop Barea after hearing the whistle on Odom's foul and simply got his arm too high thus clotheslining him.  He will say he wasn't trying to hurt him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

To go after the smallest guy out there says a lot about the crazed lunatic from the Palace debacle.  He should get two games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: NBA Citizenship Awardee Clothesline Barea in the Grill!!!:
    [QUOTE]To go after the smallest guy out there says a lot about the crazed lunatic from the Palace debacle.  He should get two games.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

He should have been thrown out for life, after the palace debacle!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBA Citizenship Awardee Clothesline Barea in the Grill!!! :  He should have been thrown out for life, after the palace debacle!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Good point. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

[QUOTE]CeltsSox, I'm a diehard fan of the Celtics but please don't be a "homer".  Last season, KG elbowed Q Richardson intentionally and deserved to be suspended.  I would not call what KG did a " so-called elbow " by comparison.  They both were bad! Now to Artest.  He's a bum and there is no place in the game for that.  Not to even compare that with KG's elbow last season because one has nothing to do with the other, but Artest HAS to get suspended.  I'd be very surprised if he isn't. Honestly, the foul was called on Odom but I would have hit Artest with a flagrant 2 anyway (I know you just cannot do that).  Odom bailed Artest out by fouling Barea first but I wonder had Artest NOT gotten his first technical earlier if that play would have resulted in his ejection. He got ejected for getting his second technical.  He wasn't called for a flagrant or anything on that play.  I guess you cannot get called for a flagrant after the whistle. I bet Artest is going to contend that he was attempting to stop Barea after hearing the whistle on Odom's foul and simply got his arm too high thus clotheslining him.  He will say he wasn't trying to hurt him.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Petey, I'm a big fan of yours, however I respectfully disagree that KG's elbow deserved a suspension. I believe it deserved an ejection and flagrant foul, however if you look at what KG did it was an uncalled for elbow. However, it was offered withoout any malice to hurt anyone. I have seen cheap shots taken by some Celtics players in the past where I fully concurred they could have hurt the player. Those cheap shots deserved a suspension, but not KG's foolish elbow. D. Howard's elbows, as an example, have been far worse than KG's without suspensions. 

On the other hand, the word "homer" is used far too often. I'm proud of Tommy's loyalty to the Celtics. They have been his life. All loyal sports fans are "homers" if they truly love their team. However, one can be a loyal "homer" in a peaceful As an example, one of my all time human relationship heroes, Chic Hearn, who I met with some business functions loved his Lakers, was clearly a home town fan, and had great respect for the Celtics. He was clearly a "homer" and, as Tommy is, he should have been. We need more "homers" and less fair weather fans in my opinion. That's what makes sports so much fun. I love my Celtics, proudly wear Celtics "stuff", proudly discuss my loyalty, and at the same time have many close friends who are Lakers fans. KG has done some flaky things, has been overly rude to the young players who adored him, but his elbow was not offered with malice in my opinion. In addition, I think you are astute enough to remember Q's emotional insults and invites for physical confrontations with Paul and the C's behind the scenes.

Again, I am a fan your postings, therefore please don't take offense to my disagreement.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Can't wait to hear the trolls when they come back..."McHale wasn't suspended, why should Artest be."

Also on the Colin Cowpie show this morning - "Lakers fans are emailing me saying good riddance, we get more Odom."

HELLO - putting Odom at the 3 means Gasol has to cover Dirk the whole night!!

Odom is the best defender on Dirk, and he got torched!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

CeltsSox, thank you for the compliment.  And I appreciate your post and I agree that KG's elbow was not malicious.  He appeared to be in the middle of a scrum and Q was right behind him and KG threw the elbow back, thus connecting with Q's face.  But whenever an elbow is thrown like that and "connects", it has to result in a suspension.  Q has had confrontations with PP for years, of which I don't understand because Q is a bum compared to PP but that's beyond me.

And please don't take offense with the "homer" reference.  I sometimes refer to folks as "homers" who lean toward their players and teams regardless of what happens on the court.

I have a friend in LA who swears Artest's clothesline is being overblown.  That he simply came up too high and because Barea is so short, ended up being clotheslined.  In the face of video of what happened, I cannot believe his assessment of the situation.

It's always good to agree to disagree.  You make very valid points in your post too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

[QUOTE]CeltsSox, thank you for the compliment.  And I appreciate your post and I agree that KG's elbow was not malicious.  He appeared to be in the middle of a scrum and Q was right behind him and KG threw the elbow back, thus connecting with Q's face.  But whenever an elbow is thrown like that and "connects", it has to result in a suspension.  Q has had confrontations with PP for years, of which I don't understand because Q is a bum compared to PP but that's beyond me. And please don't take offense with the "homer" reference.  I sometimes refer to folks as "homers" who lean toward their players and teams regardless of what happens on the court. I have a friend in LA who swears Artest's clothesline is being overblown.  That he simply came up too high and because Barea is so short, ended up being clotheslined.  In the face of video of what happened, I cannot believe his assessment of the situation. It's always good to agree to disagree.  You make very valid points in your post too.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Thanks Petey, I appreciate your response. We're all in this together win, lose, or draw. Let's hope it's a win.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

I played basketball. I also worked in the field of Mental Health and Substance Abuse for about twenty years. I find Artest's behavior last night interesting. I realize {don't know the particulars} he had a very difficult childhood in New York growing up. I understand {from what I've read} this childhood had a profound effect on him as an adult and likely lead to some of the mental health issues he's had to deal with. I'm empathetic to that............but Ron is 31 years old now. I'd assume {with his money and with advice from others} that he's had a fair amount of therapy which should have given him a smidgeon of perspective and self awareness at the age of 31. It befuddles me how a grown man, a man with a history, a 31 year old guy, could react in such a immature, selfish manner at the end of an important basketball game {for his team.} How he could act in such a childish manner only a week after getting the citizenship award. Before he clotheslined Baria he a} pushed a Maverick out of bounds as they both went for a loose ball---intentionally b} when a Dallas player was 20 feet ahead of the field and had an open lay-up {with the Mavs ahead by 10-12 pts and perhaps 1:30 left in the game} Ron rushed back and pushed the guy so he couldn't make the lay-up. Then he went after Baria initially looking like he was going to give him a "forearm shiver" and take his head off then relenting in the last tenth of a second and only kind of giving him a bear hug across the throat. {Did anyone notice when Artest did this he was sandwiched between Lamar Odom and Baria and actually knee'd Lamar in the groin making him double over?}.................People have to realize part of being a champion is keeping your poise. Before a big game an athlete has to say to themselves, "winning this game is more important than any personal feelings I might have. I'll turn the other cheek no matter what because I want to win." That mentality is part of what winners and winning teams have........You can't "react" as much as you'd like too sometimes because you want to win, regardless..............From what guys like Reggie Miller say, "Ron Artest has come a long way." Great. Good for him, but at some point regardless of our history and background we have to be responsible for our actions. Personal responsibility. You can only use the "I had a tough life" excuse for so long {unless you've never had the means to get help.} Baffling what Artest did and I'd say his issues remain pretty "active."

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

lol wat a dumbassss

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

your every posts has the word 'grill' in it. are you into bbqs?

18. This post has been removed.