NBA owners still trying to play GOD...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

NBA owners still trying to play GOD...

Trying to humiliate Chris Paul for standing up to them in the labor dispute.

http://insidethehype.com/site/2011/12/did-pauls-confrontation-with-owner-factor-into-nbas-decision/

It has to be payback! Egomaniacs!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: NBA owners still trying to play GOD...

Players = product + partners  (NOT employees. Employees are easily replaced, business partners are not)

If players were just employees, there would be no lost games in any league, because people are coming out to see the team logos right?

Plug anybody into the uniforms then!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I was boycotting the NBA ownership...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I wanted to convey the fact that my life goes on with or without the NBA, so get your act together NBA owners, or I may never come back.

Now they have their act together, and I'm back.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Players are employees. Simple proof is Owners write check, players endorse and deposit. Classic employer/employee relationship.

On the other hand, partners share in profits & losses.

Regarding the product...you're mistaken to think its only the players.

Sure, the players are what we watch but the question is ..WHY do we watch?? The real answer is the marketing of the NBA, the game & the players. Thats what brings people to the arenas, has them buying apparel etc.  That's what draws big TV contracts.

Do you really think if you assembled the best players in any sport, it would generate huge volumes of business like the NBA?? Tell that to the field hockey, bowling and badmitten players.

It's the marketing $$ & organization the NBA and owners pour into the game that makes it so big.. not the players.  You saw during the lockout all star teams of NBA players touring the country playing exhibitions..Oh my, didnt they draw 20,000 per game and generate massive revenue..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

You guys are fools if you believe the owners "won".  Sure they got the revenues they wanted, but they failed to get the Hard cap.  The players happily gave up 7% of BRI, to be able to go where they want, when they want.  It may have looked like they caved, but if any of you have EVER been in any sort of negotiations, you know you ALWAYS ASK FOR MORE than what you really want.  ALWAYS!  So they players asked for 52%... I'm willing to bet that they were fine with accepting 50% all along. 

Now with that being said.. This CP3 trade / non-trade is a nightmare for the league.  There is NO WAY to stop players from going where they want to go, SO WHY TRY?  Chris Paul is going to leave N.O., and there is nothing anyone can do about it.  If the owners were REALLY smart, they would have made THIS their priority in the CBA negotiations, and not the money.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: NBA owners still trying to play GOD...:
    [QUOTE]Players are employees. Simple proof is Owners write check, players endorse and deposit. Classic employer/employee relationship. On the other hand, partners share in profits & losses. Regarding the product...you're mistaken to think its only the players. Sure, the players are what we watch but the question is ..WHY do we watch?? The real answer is the marketing of the NBA, the game & the players. Thats what brings people to the arenas, has them buying apparel etc.  That's what draws big TV contracts. Do you really think if you assembled the best players in any sport, it would generate huge volumes of business like the NBA?? Tell that to the field hockey, bowling and badmitten players. It's the marketing $$ & organization the NBA and owners pour into the game that makes it so big.. not the players.  You saw during the lockout all star teams of NBA players touring the country playing exhibitions..Oh my, didnt they draw 20,000 per game and generate massive revenue..
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Wrong, buddy.

You market the hell out of the "Flo-B" or a bootle of duosh(I could'nt spell it properly). It does'nt change the fact that I'm not buying it.

Just like I would'nt buy just any "employees" dressed in Celtics uniforms playing on television. ( The owners know this, that's what "competitive balance" is. An admission of the players hard to replace value)

Pro Sports is a unigue business model. I understand that joe public is unable to wrap his brain around it fully.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]You guys are fools if you believe the owners "won".  Sure they got the revenues they wanted, but they failed to get the Hard cap.  The players happily gave up 7% of BRI, to be able to go where they want, when they want.  It may have looked like they caved, but if any of you have EVER been in any sort of negotiations, you know you ALWAYS ASK FOR MORE than what you really want.  ALWAYS!  So they players asked for 52%... I'm willing to bet that they were fine with accepting 50% all along.  Now with that being said.. This CP3 trade / non-trade is a nightmare for the league.  There is NO WAY to stop players from going where they want to go, SO WHY TRY?  Chris Paul is going to leave N.O., and there is nothing anyone can do about it.  If the owners were REALLY smart, they would have made THIS their priority in the CBA negotiations, and not the money.
    Posted by N2thaIzzo[/QUOTE]

Um, CP3 didnt dictate his going to the Lakers. THe Hornets had to agree to it and make a deal they were happy with.  and you are incorrect in that there is no way to stop a player from going where he wants. Unless they are FA's, they cant force anything.

The owners won big imo. As far as  negtiating goes, who's to say what eithers sides bottom line was? IF your rationale is correct (always asking more than you want) seems like the opwners really hit a grand slam since I recall they wanted 50% from the get go. If so, they got more than they wanted.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBA owners still trying to play GOD... : Wrong, buddy. You market the hell out of the "Flo-B" or a bootle of duosh(I could'nt spell it properly). It does'nt change the fact that I'm not buying it. Just like I would'nt buy just any "employees" dressed in Celtics uniforms playing on television. ( The owners know this, that's what "competitive balance" is. An admission of the players hard to replace value) Pro Sports is a unigue business model. I understand that joe public is unable to wrap his brain around it fully.
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Then you should be able to explain why the revenue base in the NBA has grown so extraordinarily since the 1950's & 60's... They had the best players back then too.

Us Joe Public's would appreciate your explanation so we could wrap our collective brains around it

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The league is out of whack. The trade of Paul may have been an overeach but the players have too much power.  It is a business and the player take no responsibility for anything.  The real solution is a new charter that spells out players rights and limitations. Which would have locked out players for the year or more.  This pull back by Stern will not have a good effect. But you do have idiots running the asylum and they are ruining the balance of the league.  Players have become as unsympathetic as owners.  Which is quite a development if you have watched sport the last 35 years.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBA owners still trying to play GOD... : The owners are smart, that's why it's all about the money. You really think winning a championship is the first priority of the owners? 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Bullseye!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBA owners still trying to play GOD... : The owners are smart, that's why it's all about the money. You really think winning a championship is the first priority of the owners? 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Thumbs up for that comment!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Players = product + partners  (NOT employees. Employees are easily replaced, business partners are not) If players were just employees, there would be no lost games in any league, because people are coming out to see the team logos right? Plug anybody into the uniforms then!
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY - people will still go - MJ, Magic, Larry.........koME, MElo, MEBron......plug anyone in, and we'll still go!!
    The OWNERS will still own the team - they are NOT partners with the players, the players put up ZERO dollars of their own money!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBA owners still trying to play GOD... : EXACTLY - people will still go - MJ, Magic, Larry.........koME, MElo, MEBron......plug anyone in, and we'll still go!! The OWNERS will still own the team - they are NOT partners with the players, the players put up ZERO dollars of their own money!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Then why don't teams like Minnesota, Sacremento, Cleveland, etc sell out?