Need a SF?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Need a SF?

Why not give DeShawn Sims a shot.  He looked good this summer.  We could see what he could do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Need a SF?

His stats
    http://www.nba.com/dleague/maine/Roster.html

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

good post. His stats are very impressive and I especially like the rebound totals. Why go for a big trade if we might have what we need in our own system?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The problem is Doc Rivers doesn't trust young guys. Sims is a rookie so he's not going to play in the playoffs even if he's on the Celtics roster.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

The Celtics already have 15 guaranteed contracts. They can't just sign a new guy without releasing a player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Need a SF?:
    [QUOTE]The Celtics already have 15 guaranteed contracts. They can't just sign a new guy without releasing a player.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]

It would imagine that Danny will be working on trading someone to sign a small forward to backup Paul Pierce.  I believe that I read on another thread that they are already working on this, (interview with Doc Rivers).   Most likely the rookies will be traded along with possibly a future draft pick.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Sims is definetly a possibility. Also, I hear Lasme is going to be healthy soon, so he is another option, but Ainge will look for a trade to get a veteran. I think he needs to also look at getting another big as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

You can forget Sims. He isn't ready to play in big games down the stretch. if he was he's already be on the roster. That's a serious reach right there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Here is a way for us to get Battier.
    Houston needs a big.
    Portland is trying to get rid of Przybilla (7.4 mill)

So, Portland sends Przybilla to Houston, and we send Robinson, Bradley and Harangody to Portland.  Robinson is a good backup when/if Roy comes back, and he is from the area.  Bradley can be groomed to supplant Andre Miller.  Harangody makes the $$ work.
    We get Battier and sign Sheed.

It looks like:
    West
    Wafer
    Battier - I think Daniels is done for the year, but don't know
    BBD/Semih................./JON
    Shaq/Sheed

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Stop with the Sheed nonsense. The guy was a dog last year, as he was for most of his career. Bradley has the potential to be the starting 2 in 2-3 years, keep him. Nate is the guy playing poorly in the system. If a 3 can be had, Nate is the odd man out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Battier...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Stop with the Sheed nonsense. The guy was a dog last year, as he was for most of his career. Bradley has the potential to be the starting 2 in 2-3 years, keep him. Nate is the guy playing poorly in the system. If a 3 can be had, Nate is the odd man out
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

So, your suggestion is????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Nate for Battier

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need a SF? : So, your suggestion is????
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    My suggestion is to do the same as last year and say who cares about the 2nd half. Get everyone healthy and lets play ball in the playoffs. If healthy, C's should be the favorites, regardless of home court or not.
    C's have very few assests, Rondo, Perk, Baby, Bradley, Semih. To think about moving any of them for the sake of the next 30 games is foolish.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Shane Battier or James Posey is the logical fit at this time, but the big question is, how do you aquire any of them.

I like Shane Battier, but not for Nate, because Houstion is not looking for a PG. They desperately need a Center.

So, it might be difficult unless we are willing to sacrifice.

If a man is a debtor, the wife must learn to say, "he is not home" 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Rockets would be asking about Perkins (hometown boy) in any possible trade for Battier. More than likely though they will simply wait for the off-season to sign Perkins as a free agent as they will have sufficient cap room by that time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need a SF? : My suggestion is to do the same as last year and say who cares about the 2nd half. Get everyone healthy and lets play ball in the playoffs. If healthy, C's should be the favorites, regardless of home court or not. C's have very few assests, Rondo, Perk, Baby, Bradley, Semih. To think about moving any of them for the sake of the next 30 games is foolish.
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

As Peter Gammons used to say, "Don't just do something, sit there?"

Sorry, I think you are in the minority here - I didn't like the way the second half ended last year.  With PP and RA totally out of gas in the Finals.  We need better players so we can rest them..............and I'm SURE DA is looking at Battier!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toine83. Show toine83's posts

Wait for Kyle Singler in the summer

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbphillips. Show sbphillips's posts

Gerald Wallace would be the PERFECT fit, but there's no way the C's could afford to get him. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need a SF? : As Peter Gammons used to say, "Don't just do something, sit there?" Sorry, I think you are in the minority here - I didn't like the way the second half ended last year.  With PP and RA totally out of gas in the Finals.  We need better players so we can rest them..............and I'm SURE DA is looking at Battier!!
    Of course I am in the minority..but after reading these idotic trades that don't even work based on salaries, that does not make me wrong!
    I am sorry you didn't like the way the 2nd half ended, but did you like the end of the Magic series? How about the Bulls series? Did you happen to see the Cav's series? How did those end?
    The championship came down to the last 8 minutes of the year, and quite possible the outcome would have been different if Perkins was able to play.
    The onus is on Doc to rest his players, get them healthy and ready for the playoffs. It is not on DA to make a trade for the sake of trading.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need a SF? : Of course I am in the minority..but after reading these idotic trades that don't even work based on salaries, that does not make me wrong! I am sorry you didn't like the way the 2nd half ended, but did you like the end of the Magic series? How about the Bulls series? Did you happen to see the Cav's series? How did those end? The championship came down to the last 8 minutes of the year, and quite possible the outcome would have been different if Perkins was able to play. The onus is on Doc to rest his players, get them healthy and ready for the playoffs. It is not on DA to make a trade for the sake of trading.
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Your sophomoric rant is boring and doesn't change anyone's view in the least.  The FACT is that DA is exploring trades as we speak.  Maybe he knows more about the team than you do (?)  Just a question!!  IF Daniels cannot come back, how do you propose Doc "rest" his starters with no quality subs on the bench?  We on this board like to have fun at this time of year.  Last year we were all trading Ray Allen to Golden State for Monta Ellis - didn't happen.  We trust Danny, but it is still fun to play GM - if you don't like it - stay off threads like this one - or just stay out, period.  Either way, I hope you like the player Danny brings in, because I will, no matter who it is!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need a SF? : Of course I am in the minority..but after reading these idotic trades that don't even work based on salaries, that does not make me wrong! I am sorry you didn't like the way the 2nd half ended, but did you like the end of the Magic series? How about the Bulls series? Did you happen to see the Cav's series? How did those end? The championship came down to the last 8 minutes of the year, and quite possible the outcome would have been different if Perkins was able to play. The onus is on Doc to rest his players, get them healthy and ready for the playoffs. It is not on DA to make a trade for the sake of trading.
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

rkarp,

In the words of Maxwell Smart "missed it by that much". You're right but this is a different year, everyone is older, different injuries, different roster and this is on all the contenders. You couldn't even find the Spurs or Miami last year this time. It was all Cavs and Lakers talk.

We have to make a move and yes it falls on Ainge. Some of the trades are outrageous but go on another board and you will see the same thing. Could you imagine how Heat fans feel? They are suppose to win it and the C's have swept them this year.

We're all throwing everything at the trade board. We have no idea what Ainge will do but he must do something. We're barely beating teams with a good rotation. Do you think it's a good idea to run the starters in the ground to win games now or lose them and wait for the playoffs? We want homecourt advantage and need it. We haven't seen Shaq, JON, West play in almost a month. The losses to poor teams is killing this team right now. We would have a 5 game cushion and time to rest players if we didn't have those bad losses BUT I'd still rather sweep the Heat, split with LA and beat the Spurs as it stands. All those teams know come May and June that we can beat them. The bad teams will be at home.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need a SF? : Your sophomoric rant is boring and doesn't change anyone's view in the least.  The FACT is that DA is exploring trades as we speak.  Maybe he knows more about the team than you do (?)  Just a question!!  IF Daniels cannot come back, how do you propose Doc "rest" his starters with no quality subs on the bench?  We on this board like to have fun at this time of year.  Last year we were all trading Ray Allen to Golden State for Monta Ellis - didn't happen.  We trust Danny, but it is still fun to play GM - if you don't like it - stay off threads like this one - or just stay out, period.  Either way, I hope you like the player Danny brings in, because I will, no matter who it is!!
    Heddy,
    If you must play GM and bore us with your ridiculous trades, at least have an understanding of how trades/salaries work before posting.
    You make it sound like the titanic for crying out loud. Yet, most likely, come next week everyone except Daniels and J O'neal will be back in uniform. 
    Of course DA should explore every trade to make the team better. Battier? Sheed? Give me a break.
    Btw, "we" were not all for trading Ray Allen to the Warriors for that knuckle head Ellis. "We" thought once healthy the C's were the best team last year, and would show it at playoff time.
    Some of "we" feel the same with the current team.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need a SF? : rkarp, In the words of Maxwell Smart "missed it by that much". You're right but this is a different year, everyone is older, different injuries, different roster and this is on all the contenders. You couldn't even find the Spurs or Miami last year this time. It was all Cavs and Lakers talk. We have to make a move and yes it falls on Ainge. Some of the trades are outrageous but go on another board and you will see the same thing. Could you imagine how Heat fans feel? They are suppose to win it and the C's have swept them this year. We're all throwing everything at the trade board. We have no idea what Ainge will do but he must do something. We're barely beating teams with a good rotation. Do you think it's a good idea to run the starters in the ground to win games now or lose them and wait for the playoffs? We want homecourt advantage and need it. We haven't seen Shaq, JON, West play in almost a month. The losses to poor teams is killing this team right now. We would have a 5 game cushion and time to rest players if we didn't have those bad losses BUT I'd still rather sweep the Heat, split with LA and beat the Spurs as it stands. All those teams know come May and June that we can beat them. The bad teams will be at home.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
    Len(Bias)
    There is a reason the NBA trade deadline is called taking out the trash. The Celtics have very few tradeable players and as currently put together, arguably are the favorites to win the title.
    The prudent thing to do is wait out the deadline, see who gets bought out, and then try and sign someone.
     Do you think the C's should trade anyone of current value? Nate seems the only one expendable that might bring back something of interest.
    Who cares if the C's finsih behind the Heat or the Bulls. If healthy, they have shown they can win regardless og homecourt or not

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need a SF? : Len(Bias) There is a reason the NBA trade deadline is called taking out the trash. The Celtics have very few tradeable players and as currently put together, arguably are the favorites to win the title. The prudent thing to do is wait out the deadline, see who gets bought out, and then try and sign someone.  Do you think the C's should trade anyone of current value? Nate seems the only one expendable that might bring back something of interest. Who cares if the C's finsih behind the Heat or the Bulls. If healthy, they have shown they can win regardless og homecourt or not
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Ok I can understand taking that approach because we don't have many assets to trade. Now once a player is bought out he's free to negotiate with any team. So that puts us in the mix with all the other contenders. Don't you think Miami would buyout everyone on the bench to land a Rip or Murphy?? Then the player has to be willing to come off the bench. Then the C's have to figure out who to waive. There are alot of "thens" that have to happen.

There isn't anything wrong with that solution but it comes down to where the players want to go. In that regard it's not up to the Cs. If you don't make a trade and don't land anyone now the other teams are stronger.