Need more scoring off the bench

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Need more scoring off the bench

Count me in the club that believes that our bench is just OK.  I don't mind going through the regular season with this bench.  It is the playoffs that I am concerned about.  Well concerned is a bit of overstatement.  I believe that the Celts will significantly improve their chances if they can significantly improve one of their wing bench players.

Rationale?  Come playoffs, I don't want the Celts starting lineup to average more than 37 mins a game.  I just want to manage chances of injury.  A younger starting lineup of the opponents may well average 42 mins a game.  That is approx 5 mins that our bench has to play against the other starting 5.  And so far, they may have managed against the weaker benches but they have been well outplayed by quality starting units.

I think the the Celts, as they are right now, stand a very good chance of winning it all barring injuries.  I will be more comfortable if they managed to upgrade their bench reduce the injuy risk.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I never said the C's don't have a GOOD bench. I don't think they have a GREAT bench. No one knows what's going to happen when Perk and West get back. We haven't seen the unit play together yet. It might not be as productive as we see on paper.

The C's did address the backup PG position by drafting Bradley.

We may not like the pick but that is the plan. West was signed because Doc knew Bradley wouldn't be ready. I highly doubt West is signed again just because they want to give Bradley a chance to develop.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Need more scoring off the bench:
    [QUOTE]p.s. TJ Ford? You're kidding right?  Here's a line from the newswire about Jose Calderon: "After TJ Ford was traded away from the club, Jose really began to shine"  and " TJ Ford , HOW DID YOU MISS PAUL GEORGE ON THE WING?! He was WIDE open for about 5 seconds on the break" or "When someone like Darren Collison or TJ Ford defends him his eyes light up". He plays 20 minutes a game and can't consistently score 6 points. He's a lot like a very poor man's Rondo - if we're gonna do something with the bench let's find someone who gives a different look. Delonte on the point and a deadly three point shooter would be fine.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

You miss the pt.  BACKUP.  I just know every game I watch Ford he seems to play well.  Yes I would take him backing up Rondo today, yesterday, and tomorrow.  Delonte playing point?  Your KIDDING right?  Delonte is not a PG, have seen that for years. Saw it when he was at Boston and Cleveland last year.  Yes he can play point but so can Nate and PP. Do I want them playing Point?   NO

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I never said the C's don't have a GOOD bench. I don't think they have a GREAT bench. No one knows what's going to happen when Perk and West get back. We haven't seen the unit play together yet. It might not be as productive as we see on paper. The C's did address the backup PG position by drafting Bradley. We may not like the pick but that is the plan. West was signed because Doc knew Bradley wouldn't be ready. I highly doubt West is signed again just because they want to give Bradley a chance to develop.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

No they didn't address it.  They drafted someone to turn into a pg.  Just like Hudson , Delonte and others.  They have yet to draft a PG.  They brought in end of career Cassell and Marbury.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need more scoring off the bench : You miss the pt.  BACKUP.  I just know every game I watch Ford he seems to play well.  Yes I would take him backing up Rondo today, yesterday, and tomorrow.  Delonte playing point?  Your KIDDING right?  Delonte is not a PG, have seen that for years. Saw it when he was at Boston and Cleveland last year.  Yes he can play point but so can Nate and PP. Do I want them playing Point?   NO
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

I would take Ford over West all day when it comes to playing backup PG. I wanted Ford last year when it looked like he was in OB's doghouse in Ind.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need more scoring off the bench : No they didn't address it.  They drafted someone to turn into a pg.  Just like Hudson , Delonte and others.  They have yet to draft a PG.  They brought in end of career Cassell and Marbury.

OneOnOne,

What other position can Bradley play? LOL! They did draft Bradley to play backup PG. SOme just don't like it. Doc likes his defense. He can score and I think he'll show more once he's had a chance to play in the DL. I wish they had drafted Damion James but I'm fine with Bradley.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need more scoring off the bench : OneOnOne, What other position can Bradley play? LOL! They did draft Bradley to play backup PG. SOme just don't like it. Doc likes his defense. He can score and I think he'll show more once he's had a chance to play in the DL. I wish they had drafted Damion James but I'm fine with Bradley.
    I don't know but he has shown no point guard abilities so far and doubt he ever will. Not saying I don't like him as a player.  He may turn out to be very good who knows. But I don't think you turn people into point guards.  You either are or you arent a pg.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If you could, would you trade (miami) back nate to recover eddie house?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]If you could, would you trade (miami) back nate to recover eddie house?
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

I was all for the trade when we did it but I think I would actually take back Eddie

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

No I wouldn't. Nate can provide much more offense and pressure defense than House. Nate's atheltic ability alone gives him the advantage. The problem is he hasn't been able to solely play SG. His responsibilities have changed all season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]No I wouldn't. Nate can provide much more offense and pressure defense than House. Nate's atheltic ability alone gives him the advantage. The problem is he hasn't been able to solely play SG. His responsibilities have changed all season.

More offense?   As I recall Eddie could fill it up rather nicely and I think was a heck of a lot more consistent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Yeah but all House would do is get to a spot and shoot. His defense was weak and he couldn't do anything with the ball. When the defense collapsed he would burn you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah but all House would do is get to a spot and shoot. His defense was weak and he couldn't do anything with the ball. When the defense collapsed he would burn you.

Works pretty well for Ray doesn't it?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need more scoring off the bench : Works pretty well for Ray doesn't it?

They aren't even close to the same player. One is going to the HOF, the other is going home after this season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need more scoring off the bench : They aren't even close to the same player. One is going to the HOF, the other is going home after this season.

That remark was meant to rile up ky.  But yes they are a lot alike just Ray does it a whole lot better.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need more scoring off the bench : That remark was meant to rile up ky.  But yes they are a lot alike just Ray does it a whole lot better.

You're being massively unfair to Ray.  Ray put some magnificent defense on Kobe last year.  Ray has to defend some of the best in the league night in and night out (Manu, Kobe, Joe Johnson, DWade, etc) and while he's no KG, he holds his own.  Are you really saying you never see Ray drive to the basket or cut to the basket or make a steal or have an assist?   House couldn't guard anyone - SG nor PG.  I love Eddie, but comparisons to Ray are not just "Ray's the same but just does it a whole lot better".  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

actually, since Perk and Rondo are not really scoring players, Shaq and West might put the bench over the top as being able to score even better than the starters.  Mind you - that is against the other teams bench players.