Nets and Doc Rivers....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

Nets and Doc Rivers....

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/9306761/sources-brooklyn-nets-contacted-boston-celtics-doc-rivers

Interesting read for what its NOT telling us.  Maybe there's more to this team upheaval plan than the Celts are revealing to the public at this point.  DA is definitely putting ideas out to other teams....options, options, options.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Nets and Doc Rivers....

Doc should return to the TV booth and comment on games... Unless 2 or 3 more HOFers are signed by the C's, his run is over

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Some Celtics fans don't think that Doc is a good coach but I believe he is better than many of the other NBA coaches.  I am not surprised that any team with coaching  a vacancy would want to sign Doc.  I could see Danny letting Doc out of his contract if the Celtics are in a rebuilding mode. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Looks like Fierce was wrong again. He said Rivers can't go to another team while in contract.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I wonder is Ainge trying to get a draft pick out of allowing Doc to talk to other teams. He will not allow him to coach in the East but let's say the Clippers gave up a pick...would Ainge allow them to talk.

If teams keep asking Ainge will not keep saying no.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

To suggest that there is a lot of interest in doc and Rondo and KG and CPP.... pure bluffing... or worse. Delusional.

DA hasn't a single high card in his hand.

Maybe he has the team owners fooled.

Few others

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

To suggest that there is a lot of interest in doc and Rondo and KG and CPP.... pure bluffing... or worse. Delusional.

DA hasn't a single high card in his hand.

Maybe he has the team owners fooled.

Few others

Pud

all of the above have value that other teams might be interested in, doc especially.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Looks like Fierce was wrong again. He said Rivers can go to another team while in contract.

Maybe you've mistaken me for someone else. I mean you're in all the forums of BDC, baseball, politics, basketball, etc. 

You do realize if you can't show the post where I said Doc can go to another team while in contract then it just supports my claim that you're a liar.

Seriously, you've lied before. This time you're not going to get away with it.

You said your words not mine, "you can't trade coaches". If he went to the Nets a player, pick, or cash would have to come back to Boston. Caught again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Rumor: Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Clippers Discussing Blockbuster?

posted at 5/8/2013 9:53 PM EDT

In response to Louisio's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

Wow! I thought Steven A. was simply looking for some attention. Could this rumor be true? 

It can't be true because NBA coaches can't be traded.

S. Smith isn't reporting that Doc would actually be traded, but would sign with the Clippers in conjunction with the deal. Anyway, it's too good to be true, but one can always dream.

Doc can't sign a contract with the Clips either. He's still under contract with the Celts until 2015. That would be a breach of contract.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Doc can't leave but the Celtics can get compensation for him IF he really wants to leave and the teams can agree on compensation.

The Celtics hold all the cards...unless Doc steps away from basketball or the Celtics buy him out.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I did edit my post but it was minutes after I posted it because of a typo and no I never though you said he could. More importantly I accused you not knowing a coach could possibly go to another team. Which I said in a reply to your claim you can't trade coaches. You have been proven wrong there. Doc Rivers could coach another team next year so you are wrong.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Looks like Fierce was wrong again. He said Rivers can go to another team while in contract.

Maybe you've mistaken me for someone else. I mean you're in all the forums of BDC, baseball, politics, basketball, etc. 

You do realize if you can't show the post where I said Doc can go to another team while in contract then it just supports my claim that you're a liar.

Seriously, you've lied before. This time you're not going to get away with it.

You said your words not mine, "you can't trade coaches". If he went to the Nets a player, pick, or cash would have to come back to Boston. Caught again.

You can't trade coaches in the NBA!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Here's what I said:

"Doc can't sign a contract with the Clips either. He's still under contract with the Celts until 2015. That would be a breach of contract."

So you're actually going to spin it by saying the Celts will get something in return if Doc moves to the Nets?

WRONG!!!

Under NBA rules, you can't trade coaches. No picks, no cash, nothing!

Yes they would.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I did edit my post but it was minutes after I posted it because of a typo and no I never though you said he could. More importantly I accused you not knowing a coach could possibly go to another team. Which I said in a reply to your claim you can't trade coaches. You have been proven wrong there. Doc Rivers could coach another team next year so you are wrong.

Bosox, just remember once you make a post fierce is on it and reading it within 30 seconds... this is life for him so be careful not to correct grammatical errors... that will allow fierce to scream bloody murder that you edited your post..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

There you go.

You just admitted to editing your post.

Yes not to change the stance I had for two weeks. You are wrong here. Coaches can leave or basically be traded. The Celtic would to give back a player or pick as part of the compensation. Which is why Doc to LA made so much sense because the Celtics were already exchanging players with LAC. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

There you go.

You just admitted to editing your post.

Yes no to change the stance I had for two weeks. You are wrong here. Coaches can leave or basically be traded. The Celtic would to back a player or pick as part of the compensation. Which is why Doc to LA made so much sense because the Celtics were already exchanging players with LAC. 

A coach under contract would likely be compensated if the team allowed him to break his contract and move to another team.... compensated with a player(s) , picks, cash etc... in effect just like a trade

25. This post has been removed.