New trade idea with the Lakers (gulp)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

New trade idea with the Lakers (gulp)

Pierce for Gasol has been talked up over and over, bur this one involves also swapping Bass and Lee for Metta World Peace.

Pierce (15.3), Bass (6.75) and Lee (5.2) make 27.25 million. Gasol (19.3) and World Peace (7.7) make 27 million.

The Lakers have to keep Howard first. But they basically get a nearly equal expiring contract for Gasol's espiring contract and an LA native to take up the wing socring load while Kobe rehabs. A playoff rotation of:

C - Howard, Jordan Hill

PF - Bass (Hill, or maybe they can keep

SF - Pierce, Ebanks

SG - Kobe, Lee

PG - Nash, Blake

Is pretty good. Gasol gets in Howard's way, has worn out his welcome in LA, and Kobe won't be the same post achillies, he'll need someone like Pierce. After next season if both Kobe and Pierce sign for like 4-6m each, the Lakers can offer LeBron the max.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: New trade idea with the Lakers (gulp)

I see LaBron back in Cleveland.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

For the Celtics, Gasol is the perfect big to pair with KG, he can pass, do so many things down low and let KG run the defense and stay out of his space on offense shooting 18 footers

C - Gasol, Melo

PF - KG, Sully

SF - Green, Artest

SG - Avery, Crawford

PG - Rondo, Terry

That team EASILY makes a run at seed 2-5 in the playoffs, has the size and skill to drive Miami nuts, and 48 mins of a rapidly improving Green and washed up still tough Artest on LeBron will wear him down.

The C's would have only Rondo Green, this years 1st rd pick and Terry under contract. Sully and Melo have player options and Crawford/Bradley qualifying offers. As long as they find a way to dump Terry they could make some serious noise in free agency.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

All depends on DH......:)  who is not dependable!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

Haha, very true

I would love to see DH sign with the Rockets.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Haha, very true

I think there is more than a 50% chance you get your wish.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

It's irrelevant for 2 reasons, one we won't help the Lakers, two Howard is as good as gone like we have all been saying.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

I'm waiting for the Lakers to drop another injured player (Gasol) on the Sixers in return for a nearly healed Bynum ... Hahaha!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

For the Celtics, Gasol is the perfect big to pair with KG, he can pass, do so many things down low and let KG run the defense and stay out of his space on offense shooting 18 footers

C - Gasol, Melo

PF - KG, Sully

SF - Green, Artest

SG - Avery, Crawford

PG - Rondo, Terry

That team EASILY makes a run at seed 2-5 in the playoffs, has the size and skill to drive Miami nuts, and 48 mins of a rapidly improving Green and washed up still tough Artest on LeBron will wear him down.

The C's would have only Rondo Green, this years 1st rd pick and Terry under contract. Sully and Melo have player options and Crawford/Bradley qualifying offers. As long as they find a way to dump Terry they could make some serious noise in free agency.

Not bad..still need a real shooting guard...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Haha, very true

so would i

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

C - Gasol, Melo

PF - KG, Sully

SF - Green, Artest

SG - Avery, Crawford

PG - Rondo, Terry

Not bad..still need a real shooting guard...

JJ reddick

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

Rameakap, get real bro, Lee, Bass, Pierce all junk!   Always nice to have a pipe dream.  Hope all is well!  Ohno

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:

Rameakap, get real bro, Lee, Bass, Pierce all junk!   Always nice to have a pipe dream.  Hope all is well!  Ohno

Lee and Bass may be junk, but Pierce would put Artests rear on the bench!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Artest would supply a thug factor, and because he's on the downhill side, wouldn't bring much more than an occasional flurry of intimidation.  Awful trade that fortunately won't happen.  Let the Lakers shop elsewhere.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

the best thing about that proposal, not that it will happen, is that it frees us up to be very active in free agency a year from now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

hope that doesn't happen

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

the best thing about that proposal, not that it will happen, is that it frees us up to be very active in free agency a year from now.

That is one of the biggest drawing points. Being free of 30 million owed Bass and Lee over the 2 seasons after next is a big deal.

Pierce at 35 and Gasol at 33 are basically equals, one as a SG-SF and the other a PF-C. Considering size and age always win out, Gasol is slightly more valuable. However, with Kobe out a year and Dwight (hypothetically) re-signed... PP is far more important to LA than Gasol, just like with Green on the C's and KG the only decent big we have over 6'8" Gasol is far more important to us than PP. It is win-win.

Additionally the combination of Lee and Bass, two 28 year olds, is vastly superior to 35 year old Metta World Peace as far as impact on the court.

Overall in talent, the deal favors LA. In need it helps both teams. In cap space it helps Boston, but still doesn't prohibit LA from giving LeBron or someone else the max next summer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

That is one of the biggest drawing points. Being free of 30 million owed Bass and Lee over the 2 seasons after next is a big deal.

Pierce at 35 and Gasol at 33 are basically equals, one as a SG-SF and the other a PF-C. Considering size and age always win out, Gasol is slightly more valuable. However, with Kobe out a year and Dwight (hypothetically) re-signed... PP is far more important to LA than Gasol, just like with Green on the C's and KG the only decent big we have over 6'8" Gasol is far more important to us than PP. It is win-win.

Additionally the combination of Lee and Bass, two 28 year olds, is vastly superior to 35 year old Metta World Peace as far as impact on the court.

Overall in talent, the deal favors LA. In need it helps both teams. In cap space it helps Boston, but still doesn't prohibit LA from giving LeBron or someone else the max next summer.

At the beginning of the year last season, I proposed Gasol for Green, Bass and Lee.  I thought this would be a good fit in D'Antoni's system.  Nash/Blake....kobe/Lee.......Metta/Green.....Bass/Hill.......Howard  is a better team than the one that got swept by the Spurs.

During the year, Green stepped up, and now it's PP that could go.  It's a good trade for us as well.  Never happen for obvious reasons, but it's a good trade!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Being a Celtic fan, I really hope Howard re-signs with LAL.

Oh, and forget about the Celtics and Lakers trading with each other.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I doubt Howard will resign with the Lakers.  

The Lakers are so stupid to hire D'Antoni instead of Phil Jackson.   LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

I agree with you.  I could see him returning to Cleveland at some point in his career. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

In response to Duke4's comment:

I agree with you.  I could see him returning to Cleveland at some point in his career. 

It could be as early as next summer

Irving-Waiters-LeBron-Thompson and Varejao/Noel

Yikes!