New York now a threat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

New York now a threat

With the two young all stars and Billups and Carter the Nicks are now a threat to anyone who plays them.  The Celtics need to pick up a difference maker who can play and has the size to guard Melo or the queen.  Winning the East may be harder than defeating the western champion. The recovery of West and JO are very important for the remainder of the year.  We are just too thin at the present and there is no reason to think that the injuries are over with.  Doc is playing Ray and Paul toooo much.  Chicago, Orlando, Miami and the Celtics plus seveal other eastern teams that could go on a roll, make the second half of the season very interesting.  If you look at the Nicks and Atlanta you see two teams that could go on a roll at any time. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerman17. Show Lakerman17's posts

Re: New York now a threat

The celtics would beat the knicks 4-0, 4-1 at worst. Neither 'superstar' plays much defense, both want the ball and I fail to see how this combination can mesh together to become a championship team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The Knicks have NO size. Look at their roster. It's all Gs or Fs

Amare and Turiaf and that's it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

The Knicks are not a threat for 2011. Too many missing parts. It is moving into the following years where they will make an impact.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to New York now a threat:
    [QUOTE]With the two young all stars and Billups and Carter the Nicks are now a threat to anyone who plays them.  The Celtics need to pick up a difference maker who can play and has the size to guard Melo or the queen.  Winning the East may be harder than defeating the western champion. The recovery of West and JO are very important for the remainder of the year.  We are just too thin at the present and there is no reason to think that the injuries are over with.  Doc is playing Ray and Paul toooo much.  Chicago, Orlando, Miami and the Celtics plus seveal other eastern teams that could go on a roll, make the second half of the season very interesting.  If you look at the Nicks and Atlanta you see two teams that could go on a roll at any time. 
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]
    I think the exact opposite from this post.  NY now has two "scorers"!  They have 2 players who can go for 30 points on any given night.  Other than that, they don't have much.  Billups cannot give them 35 minutes a night in D'Antoni's up-tempo system.  And they have NO INTERIOR.  When the playoffs start, it's about defense and NY has none.  I doubt there will be nights when both Melo and Amare score 30 each so I just don't see this as being successful in the short term.

They are so far from being a threat that it's silly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Amare and Melo don't play much defense.  They also don't like to pass the ball.  And their coach is not exactly defense minded.   

Prediction:  The playoffs will be very difficult for this team from the four seed up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

NY is a threat against all teams in the East except Chicago and Boston.  I say that because those are the teams that NY would have trouble matching up against.  NY plays no defense and will struggle against anybody with an inside game.  NY also has very little bench now.  However, against Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, etc, it will be a run and gun game and NY will hold its own.  I would predict Miami would hurt them because Miami can play D but Miami has no inside game so they won't hurt NY where its weakest.   NY will still have Aukuike coming back along with  Fields and Billups to complement Melo and Amare.  Not bad.   

But, the Knicks clearly lost a LOT of talent and are planning to pick up more talent over the coming year or two (can you spell DWill or CP3 who will want to compete with the Lakers, Celts, SPurs, Heat, Dallas, Chicago, and Thunder).  The haves will get more and the have nots will suffer more.  The Knicks will have the money to get a premier guard over the coming Year or two.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Watch the game tonight.  And they will get better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I watched the Bucks/Knicks game. Toney Douglas had 23 points on 10-12 FG shooting. The Knicks will be a threat if Douglas plays like that every game. But if Douglas will be himself the Knicks will NOT even be a 4th seed this season.

As long as D'Antoni is the coach of the Knicks there's no way that team is getting past the 1st round of the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

In Response to Re: New York now a threat:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

as in dell'abate??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

NO practice and they winn their first game, add a tough player or two to go with the three all stars and next year when they are not a mile behind, don't be suprised if they are very competative, for now I will just drop it and let the prophets who know NBA game take over.  Celts , Heat, Orlando, Bulls , Hawks and Nicks will be competative games next year and for the rest of this year  most likely.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

[QUOTE]The Knicks have NO size. Look at their roster. It's all Gs or Fs Amare and Turiaf and that's it.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
      NO size?? and a  spring and summer to hunt talent and I don't think they will winn it all, but only a (U* would think they will not be a lot more competative.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

[QUOTE]The celtics would beat the knicks 4-0, 4-1 at worst. Neither 'superstar' plays much defense, both want the ball and I fail to see how this combination can mesh together to become a championship team.
    Posted by Lakerman17[/QUOTE]   Champonship team ???? who said that?? They will be much better next year and they will compete.  The teams in the NBA are much closer that people think, a finisher like the three that the nicks have now will cause problems for all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to New York now a threat : I think the exact opposite from this post.  NY now has two "scorers"!  They have 2 players who can go for 30 points on any given night.  Other than that, they don't have much.  Billups cannot give them 35 minutes a night in D'Antoni's up-tempo system.  And they have NO INTERIOR.  When the playoffs start, it's about defense and NY has none.  I doubt there will be nights when both Melo and Amare score 30 each so I just don't see this as being successful in the short term. They are so far from being a threat that it's silly.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE] /Did not say two scorers said three, do you watch the NBA or pony league, they won tonight their first game without practice, they will be behind the Celts , Heat, Magic and Bulls, but mark my word they will winn their share next year and will cause some problems and will be a dangerous 7 or 8 seed.  For your information the NBA teams are much closer that you think and a good finisher or three can add some winns, NEXT YEAR exact opposite .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

What's the point of this thread?  Why should a Celtics fan quiver at what other teams are doing, when we have a deep team and starting to get healthy.  The Celtics will still be in the mix in 2011-2012, barring a lock out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]What's the point of this thread?  Why should a Celtics fan quiver at what other teams are doing, when we have a deep team and starting to get healthy.  The Celtics will still be in the mix in 2011-2012, barring a lock out.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
    Amen. Oh, and I guarantee, there will be no work stoppage.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Guys the Knicks will be a force, they'll be trouble for whoever gets them in the first round IMO. But like the Heat, they need time to gel.

The East now has a number of decent teams. Celtics, Heat, Bulls (could be the sleeper this year), Magic and now the Knicks. Ordered them in how I see them in strength.

Teams that come 4th and 5th should have a tough play off series. And the Semi Finals ought to be very competitive.

Until the Anthony trade there were in my mind 4 decent teams in the East. NY now while not a legitimate contender this season, will be trouble for whoever they play.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

New York has improved their team. Taking care of yourself is more important than worrying about someone else.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Picking up Melo was a good move for the Knicks, in the long run. For right now, the talent they gave up isnt going to be compensated for until the Knicks bring in more  players.

Come playoff time, teams can focus in defensively and thats where I think the Knicks are going to be in trouble. Same reason why most Dantoni teams struggle in the playoffs.

Playing the talented Dantoni Suns during the season brought most teams trouble. Run & gun, fast paced, high scoring. THis seasons Knicks fit into that category as well but never had the skilled players those Suns teams had.

But once in the playoffs, that run & gun slowed down quite a bit. Much more 1/2 court offense and focused defense, with tiime to prepare and adjust over a 7 game series. 

The Dantoni system has not proven over the years that it can consistently win or really challenge in the playoffs for a title. For this reason and the shortage of quality 2nd tier players on the roster, I dont think the Knicks get past the first round or even get beyond a game 6.  Remember, they will likely play the  Bulls or Heat in the 1st round. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Everytime there is a move made everyone goes into this "OMG look out for the Heat, Knicks". These moves are improving these teams but it won't pay dividends until they add other pieces and go through playoff series.

THe C's are still the team to beat. The Knicks became a worse defensive team with no size.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregoBoston. Show GregoBoston's posts

The Knicks are waiting for Jared Jeffries to be released.  I actually think he could play some back-up SF for the Celts. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Bad enough you have to watch everything on TV about New York, read on every website about New York and now here.  I hate NY

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I think the Celtics and the Heat beat them in the playoffs, anyone else, i wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks win the series!! I believe they just jumped to the third best team in the east. The Bulls are just to young this year IMO!!

If you're a Knick fan, you have to be excited about the next few years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE] I think the Celtics and the Heat beat them in the playoffs, anyone else, i wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks win the series!! I believe they just jumped to the third best team in the east. The Bulls are just to young this year IMO!!  If you're a Knick fan, you have to be excited about the next few years.
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Knicks fans should be excited, picking up Amare, Melo & Billups all this year is sweet.  However, Im not so sure the Bulls are too young. They are having an awesome season and just got back Noah.  Plus, Rose has upped his game, prob MVP this year and scarier, hes become a real closer.

Also, dont forget their coach. Hes been through the wars and given a great deal of credit for our title due to his orchestrating our defense. He knows the Celtics team cold and obviously knows how to coach and set up a good defense.

I take them seriously

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

New York is a threat now.