Next 6 games for Big Baby Davis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Next 6 games for Big Baby Davis

In Response to Re: Next 6 games for Big Baby Davis:
    [QUOTE]I dont know why all the fuss over BBD. Hes been great for us this season, a steady improvement in his game year after year. I think the poster that started this thread was probably trying to say that now... with KG out, the next group of games is when BBD is really gonna be needed.  Hes already proven his value to this team.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

That's because according to BiasLewis if the Celtics don't re-sign BBD to an extension, before the trade deadline, the Celtics would lose him in the summer with the Celtics not getting anything out of it. So what BiasLewis proposed is for Ainge to trade BBD. That's how all the fuss started.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

[QUOTE]Horrible first half for BBD. 1-7 FG...
    Posted by toine83[/QUOTE]

yea, but he almost turned a triple double for the game, when was the last time KG had 8 or 9 assists and more than 10 rebounds.  He really does like to shoot, but I was impressed with the assists # for this game.  It will be an interesting run to watch him for sure. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

This kid IS GOOD! With his limited physical tools, there is only so much he can do. He is on the cusp of becoming a very valuable asset. If he was 2 inches taller or jumped out of the building, we would not have been in position to draft him at all. Credit his maturity, work ethic and the celtic staff for developing his limited skills. There is always room for improvement of course, but not a bad guy to come off the bench. He will never by a player of KG's caliber, but some of that work ethic has certainly rubbed off. I enjoy watching him and rondo develop their respective games. But i can see why they both have their critics.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Maybe BB needs to pound your head to wake up.

You dissapointed me, I thought you know more about basketball.
    Keep your other job....even that you might get canned.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]I dont know why all the fuss over BBD. Hes been great for us this season, a steady improvement in his game year after year. I think the poster that started this thread was probably trying to say that now... with KG out, the next group of games is when BBD is really gonna be needed.  Hes already proven his value to this team.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Good game for BBD even though it didn't start out like that. I said that he BETTER get a double-double against this team. The team needs him on the boards and posting up right now.

NEXT - Tonight vs Love 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Next 6 games for Big Baby Davis : Good game for BBD even though it didn't start out like that. I said that he BETTER get a double-double against this team. The team needs him on the boards and posting up right now. NEXT - Tonight vs Love 
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Flip-flopping? The team needs him on the boards and posting up? I thought you said Ainge should trade BBD if he doesn't sign an extension, what gives?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Next 6 games for Big Baby Davis : Flip-flopping? The team needs him on the boards and posting up? I thought you said Ainge should trade BBD if he doesn't sign an extension, what gives?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

P34, you're annoying and really don't have anything of value to say. You're a broken record. Please be more creative and broaden your thoughts...if it's possible.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Next 6 games for Big Baby Davis : P34, you're annoying and really don't have anything of value to say. You're a broken record. Please be more creative and broaden your thoughts...if it's possible.

Is it my fault that you're flip-flopping? It was only a few days ago that you traded BBD for Marcus Camby. Here take a look.

3-Way Deal

posted at 12/30/2010 10:48 AM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=86272a010666ae1d2a5fc21608801689&plckUserId=86272a010666ae1d2a5fc21608801689">
    First: 5/30/2008
    Last: 1/3/2011
    Houston has said that everyone is in play for trades. Portland is trying to move Camby and the Magic and Knicks are on their rader...C's can't let that go down.

Here's my proposal:

TO HOUSTON: BBD, JON and Fernandez
    Houston get's expiring deals and can buyout JON

TO PORTLAND: Brad Miller, Bradley and Battier
    Blazers get a C in Miller to replace Oden and Camby and get some defense.

TO BOSTON: Camby
    C's get a backup C and PF. They can use Camby in many ways but he brings more defense at the rim.

I know I know..."we can't trade BBD, he's our best bench player" I can hear it already. I would take Camby's defense and size over BBD all day everyday.

Flame away!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Jeez you're stupid! I'm aware of what I wrote and stand by it. BBD plays one good game and you think I've changed my mind.

BBD's line yesterday - 39 mins 6-14 FGs  13 pts, 8 assts, 11 rebs

Camby's line yesterday - 32 Mins 1-4 FGs  3 pts, 8 assts, 13 rebs, 3 blocks

M. CambyC32:321-40-01-2+1058138212303

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Jeez you're stupid! I'm aware of what I wrote and stand by it. BBD plays one good game and you think I've changed my mind. BBD's line yesterday - 39 mins 6-14 FGs  13 pts, 8 assts, 11 rebs Camby's line yesterday - 32 Mins 1-4 FGs  3 pts, 8 assts, 13 rebs, 3 blocks M. Camby C 32:32 1-4 0-0 1-2 +10 5 8 13 8 2 1 2 3 0 3

For the record, what you're saying is the Celtics should trade BBD for Marcus Camby? That is what you truly believe?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

No go find the thread titled "3-Way Deal" and you can read the details of the trade I proposed. I'm sure you have it since you're a broken record it's somewhere in your repeated posts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]No go find the thread titled "3-Way Deal" and you can read the details of the trade I proposed. I'm sure you have it since you're a broken record it's somewhere in your repeated posts.

How about this, if the February trade deadline passes and the Celtics still have BBD, without a contract extension, what would you do? I hope you will not cry, are you?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Well all those BBD supporters who think he's worth resigning and the future replacement to KG"

Hmm..I'll just speak for myself. I'd like to resign him but ONLY if the contract value is right and if there isn't a better value out there. However, I do want to see how Glen fares not only in the next few games, but throughout the playoffs. 

My objections to your posts around BBD have more to do with your crazy notion that we need to disrupt our championship-caliber team now because we might not sign him later. Most of your posts that involve the reshaping of this team tend to involve BBD and to involve him now and not later. 

I also think your "future replacement to KG" statement is a huge unfair shot, I don't think anyone - even the ultimate Glen fans - which I am not - thinks he can substitute for what KG means to this team. 

You have admitted for some strange reason that you are currently bored with this team which would explain why you are now trying to entertain yourself by making fun of other posters and distorting their views.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

If you have followed my statements about BBD you will know that this all started because I said Ainge will not overvalue BBD when it comes to resigning him. Please do not listen to P34. Go back and look at old posts about BBD.

I said that Ainge would approach BBD with a contract offer. If BBD balks, Ainge will move him. Ainge's track record shows he will not overpay for his own FAs if they are role players, not the Core 4. Whether he moves him now, later or by Feb. or signs him, I think Ainge will do something.

As for disrupting a championship team. Listen, nothing is going to disrupt this team but injuries...that's it. Last year Ainge disrupted the team by bringing in Nate, did it hurt the team? NO. Prior to that he brought in Marbury, did it hurt the team? NO. Prior to that they went and got PJ at the break did it hurt the team? NO. So please don't think the makeup of the team is that fragile where a move is going to throw off the entire team. One or two of KG, Shaq, Rondo,RA or PP going down will disrupt the team.

If you resign BBD you are in so many words saying to your fanbase "BBD IS going to be KG's replacement". You don't have to see it that way but that's the way it is.

P34 keeps misrepresenting what I'm saying. I'm not a BBD hater but I do know it's a business. I learned that when I watched TA, Powe and Posey walk out the door and still kept winning.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Next 6 games for Big Baby Davis : So players don't go into slumps?  Kobe shoots like that nearly every game.  You need to look at the whole season and not 2 or 3 games for a better indicator.  As I said they all go thru slumps.  He also nearly shot 50% today and you said he shot horrible.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

yes, they do go into slumps, of course.  but on this board, with glen davis, it only takes missing about 3 shots for certain people to want to wad you up and toss you out with the garbage. 

i wouldn't call 6-15 good shooting for a forward overall on a day.  if he had shot 40% in the first half instead of 14% he would have shot like a hero overall.  but that's a small point.

the very fact that the "next 6 games" thread was started was only becaues davis had a bad game and a half leading up to this.  it's like the second half and playoffs of 2009 never happened to certain mental midgets around here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Well this one goes to Love. My goodness when BBD signs a new deal he should give part of it to KG for hiding his flaws for 3 years. BBD should be icing KG down every night to get him back ASAP. LOL!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Well this one goes to Love. My goodness when BBD signs a new deal he should give part of it to KG for hiding his flaws for 3 years. BBD should be icing KG down every night to get him back ASAP. LOL!

How could this go to Love? Are high again? Winning always beats personal glory, fool!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Next 6 games for Big Baby Davis : yes, they do go into slumps, of course.  but on this board, with glen davis, it only takes missing about 3 shots for certain people to want to wad you up and toss you out with the garbage.  i wouldn't call 6-15 good shooting for a forward overall on a day.  if he had shot 40% in the first half instead of 14% he would have shot like a hero overall.  but that's a small point. the very fact that the "next 6 games" thread was started was only becaues davis had a bad game and a half leading up to this.  it's like the second half and playoffs of 2009 never happened to certain mental midgets around here.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

If you look at the boxscore you will see that he shot 6-14 and not 6-15

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

ONE BOARD!!!!  man, that has to change.  Yes the Cs got a win, but how long can they continue to killed on the defensive boards.  BOX OUT and secure the rebound!!!!  Have atleast one person try to crash the offensive boards.  It's a good thing they shoot 50% or the record may reflect a few more losses.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Next 6 games for Big Baby Davis : How could this go to Love? Are high again? Winning always beats personal glory, fool!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Oh sure the win is good but maybe we win by 10 if he gets more rebounds than a dead guy. One rebound would bounce to a dead guy or an old guy like Camby. :-)

So this is the guy you want to lock up for the next 4-5 years huh??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Next 6 games for Big Baby Davis : Oh sure the win is good but maybe we win by 10 if he gets more rebounds than a dead guy. One rebound would bounce to a dead guy or an old guy like Camby. :-) So this is the guy you want to lock up for the next 4-5 years huh??

Bias, I never said lock up Davis. Are you really that old? I said Davis will leave after the season. You already forgot our discussion about that?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Next 6 games for Big Baby Davis : Oh sure the win is good but maybe we win by 10 if he gets more rebounds than a dead guy. One rebound would bounce to a dead guy or an old guy like Camby. :-) So this is the guy you want to lock up for the next 4-5 years huh??

All the Celtic fans wanted was a Celtic win when the Celtics were down 57-67 in the 3rd qtr. Now you want the Celtics to win by 10? You know, Bias, the more you post the more obvious it is that you're an idiot!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Next 6 games for Big Baby Davis :  So this is the guy you want to lock up for the next 4-5 years huh??

i don't think anyone said 4-5 years.  for the 3m he makes right now, i do believe he does more than most all of the bigs in the league pocketing 3m.  i don't think anyone on either side is going to be making or signing offers before this cba.  neither side wants to over pay or get underpaid.  i'd think davis, warts and all, is good value 6th man @ 5 mil a year.  i don't think he's hit his peak yet.

but i will say this, we need a big man coach in general.  i really don't like what i see out of davis or shak lately.  shak has been worse than davis so far.  "coming back from 6 games off" is not an excuse either when you are as big as shak. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

anyone notice JO get 4 blocked shots in 17 minutes of play, go 2 of 3 from the field and get 3 rebounds?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Well how is everyone feeling about BBD vs frontline players so far?? LOL!

Next up Duncan

I'm not hearing all those prasies for BBD lately. Don't run and hide now. It must be nice to have a PF have a nice fade away jumper but can only muster 1 rebound.