Next Step: Sign Harangody

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsredsox. Show celticsredsox's posts

Next Step: Sign Harangody

With Shaq on board, next on the agenda should be to sign Harangody.  We need youth plus he can be a good secondary back up to PP (can shoot... can score... and hustles). 

Send Erden to the D-league and if there's still a chance, trade Marquis Daniels, who I think is a softie for draft picks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Re: Next Step: Sign Harangody

not nearly quick  enough to play the 3.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In Response to Next Step: Sign Harangody:
    [QUOTE]With Shaq on board, next on the agenda should be to sign Harangody.  We need youth plus he can be a good secondary back up to PP (can shoot... can score... and hustles).  Send Erden to the D-league and if there's still a chance, trade Marquis Daniels, who I think is a softie for draft picks.
    Posted by celticsredsox[/QUOTE]

Not going to happen.

Erden contract was non guarantee  ,he is leaving for Turkey this morning. Harangody is being asked to come to camp without a  contract and his agent wants Ainge to trade his rights.

Run

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Luke will be going to the D-League.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to Re: Next Step: Sign Harangody:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Next Step: Sign Harangody : Not going to happen. Erden contract was non guarantee  ,he is leaving for Turkey this morning. Harangody is being asked to come to camp without a  contract and his agent wants Ainge to trade his rights. Run
    Posted by runrunandrun[/QUOTE]

WOW...looks like LUKE is bearing the burden of...... "$cal'$ $pacing the floor"...... a trojan-degree"= $3mil per year....an "irish-degree"=unemployment.....WOW.....where a Notre Dame CELTICS fans.....MORMONS , say it ain't so............

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toineson. Show toineson's posts

In Response to Next Step: Sign Harangody:
    [QUOTE]With Shaq on board, next on the agenda should be to sign Harangody.  We need youth plus he can be a good secondary back up to PP (can shoot... can score... and hustles).  Send Erden to the D-league and if there's still a chance, trade Marquis Daniels, who I think is a softie for draft picks.
    Posted by celticsredsox[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I'm sold on the need for youth.  We are what we are at this point, a veteran team that is competing for a championship.  Who has the potential to step up for us on a game 7 stage if multiple injuries strike again?  Now out of Harangody, DeShawn Sims, Semih Erden and Tony Gaffney, I might keep one of those 4, to go along with Avery Bradley.  But a couple years ago we saw with Giddens and Bill Walker, that "youth" is not likely to impact the games much, and none of those 4 players strike me as the type to have a good shot at being impact players 3 or 4 years from now.  But again, I might take one of those 4, and then look into signing 2 of the following veterans:  Louis Amundson, Earl Barron, Keith Bogans, Larry Hughes, Anthony Tolliver, Antoine Walker.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Next Step: Sign Harangody : Not going to happen. Erden contract was non guarantee  ,he is leaving for Turkey this morning. Harangody is being asked to come to camp without a  contract and his agent wants Ainge to trade his rights. Run
    Posted by runrunandrun[/QUOTE]
    Where did you get the report that Erden is going back to Turkey. If so, has his contract been cut?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Harangody appears to be a decent ball player but he will probably never suit up for the Celtics.  With the players in the front court, Harangody would see no playing time.  Let's not even suggest that he can play the 3 behind PP.  He would get embarrassed by NBA small forwards.

The Celtics need that final roster spot vacant in hopes that we eventually trade Sheed's contract for a "Battier-type" (hopefully Battier).  So with a trade like that still probable, Harangody falls even further to the end of the bench.  I just don't see him being an NBA player right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Has D-league written alll over him.  Even if he's a player, he may be a player for the future, not next year. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

[QUOTE]Harangody appears to be a decent ball player but he will probably never suit up for the Celtics.  With the players in the front court, Harangody would see no playing time.  Let's not even suggest that he can play the 3 behind PP.  He would get embarrassed by NBA small forwards. The Celtics need that final roster spot vacant in hopes that we eventually trade Sheed's contract for a "Battier-type" (hopefully Battier).  So with a trade like that still probable, Harangody falls even further to the end of the bench.  I just don't see him being an NBA player right now.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

IMO...Harangody has a HUGE chip on his IRISH shoulders & he has nba talent that can bnefit the C'S or some other nba team in 2010....he's damn sure more talented than... trojan-$scal.....he's a  perfect  2d unit hustle guy at this point in his career....although i like Daniels , i'd rather have HARANGODY than MD....we need someone like HARANGODY for the long haul...perhaps he would show  baby-doll the meaning of consistency.......BEAT L. A. .....BEAT L. A. ...BEAT L. A. .....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]Harangody appears to be a decent ball player but he will probably never suit up for the Celtics.  With the players in the front court, Harangody would see no playing time.  Let's not even suggest that he can play the 3 behind PP.  He would get embarrassed by NBA small forwards. The Celtics need that final roster spot vacant in hopes that we eventually trade Sheed's contract for a "Battier-type" (hopefully Battier).  So with a trade like that still probable, Harangody falls even further to the end of the bench.  I just don't see him being an NBA player right now.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

If Luke was black and had the same numbers in College he would have been the 1st pick,lack of pigment is his only vice.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
    Run

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]I would love for Harangody to make the team..So when we are up by 20 and Geno is playin on the big screen..we can see what dance moves Luke has as he is being toyed with and spun around while playin D and spacing the floor... Seriously bring back Scal Edren and Luke..so some of these folks can get a good look at why they shouldn't be even mentioned.. How many good college players really stay the whole four years.... Now Run Tell That
    Posted by BBALLIQ[/QUOTE]

Most NBA players don't stay 4 years because they would flunk out !  Luke was beating and scoring on allot of 1st round picks. The man can play but not in Sterns star ball slow ball one on one ball NBA. Like most great white players he will have to play overseas in a better league.

Run

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from eman39. Show eman39's posts

[QUOTE]Luke will be going to the D-League.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

I'm sorry maybe not a "prototype" but has game that is the product of not being the strongest,quickest,high flying,flashiest game. He has mad "how did he beat that double team?","Why is this guy getting so many boards?", "Really?,2 7" he has a 1' vert and he gets a 3 pt play?" kind of game. He reminds me kinda of Alex English with a mean streak. He is a 1000x times better than Erdeh from what I saw. The boy got game,it's not a pretty game but, he got game. He impresses me more than Walker did much higher bball IQ,and a very versatile skill set. He's not a D league guy,he's the guy that everybody hoped/thought Scal would be. If we don't keep him he will make a roster in the NBA.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from charlespaul. Show charlespaul's posts

From what I've seen at the NCAA level and during this past summer league stint, Harangody looks like the type of ball player that understands the game, hustles, and generally performs better than what his physical attributes might suggest.

He can also shoot the ball and we need more shooters on this team-- I say sign him and see what he proves to Doc in training camp and competitive Celtics practices to earn any playing time.

These tweener/athlete criteria are not the only way to measure suitupability and potential-- it's can the guy play ball and I believe he can.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]From what I've seen at the NCAA level and during this past summer league stint, Harangody looks like the type of ball player that understands the game, hustles, and generally performs better than what his physical attributes might suggest. He can also shoot the ball and we need more shooters on this team-- I say sign him and see what he proves to Doc in training camp and competitive Celtics practices to earn any playing time. These tweener/athlete criteria are not the only way to measure suitupability and potential-- it's can the guy play ball and I believe he can.
    Posted by charlespaul[/QUOTE]

Luke has the hustle and court sense with an unusual shot similar to Bonner but is probably not quick enough at the 3. Camp isn't long enough to really evaluate a new player as there is limited exposure at his position.

I might be wrong but it seems Gaffney might be a better choice
    if his foot has fully healed and is a known factor at this point. Kobe liked his game and you can't say that about very many players.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Still say if it's finals or bust for this veteran laden team, Luke will not get the minutes he needs to develop, which is sort of stupid since the obejctive is to win 50 games and get a middle tier seed, not win 60+ regular season games.   If roster spots are not an issue, I'd say sign him, play him, Bradley and Erden to suss out if any of these guys can play meaningful minutes when the games really matter. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillRKG. Show BillRKG's posts

Harangody can obviously play the forward against NBA players. Not that the summer games mean anything but everyone there who he played against was either NBA quality or almost NBA quality and he had great stats against them. If u cut his stats in a quarter you get what he gonna average for the season if he's on the celts: 4 points, two boards. He's better than shelden Williams and Sermih Erden

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

CablesWyndBairn, I agree with you.  Harangody just would not see any time with this veteran team.  I soured greatly on this guy after his performance in the NCAA Tournament last year.  I liked his game but when he got to the big stage, he tightened up.

You are right -- if rosters spots are not an issue, then sign him.  But roster spots are at a premium on this team and he therefore will probably not suit up this season.

He might be a good addition to another team but this one, I think we'll pass.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I would sign Harrangody and start him out in the D.league. His summer league performance and stellar college career warrant the C's giving him a legitimate chance. The D. league is a great thing, as it is similar the minor leagues in baseball. I'm glad the NBA finally has a minor league "D. league."